Where have all the Luxor Expats gone.

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Where have all the Luxor Expats gone.

Post by Dusak »

Who2 wrote:
WIZARD wrote:
Who2 wrote:I find it very strange trying to figure out exactly where Wiz is, perhaps it's just me..:cool:
What possible good would there be in you knowing where I am Dr Who, unless of coarse you are intent on spilling the beans. Expect a few red herrings to go with your beans over the next couple of weeks.
Well to be honest you either cannot leave this country or cannot gain access to this Country.
Your flag say's one thing whilst your posts are totally contradictory, ie: walking down TV street or trying to sail to Cairo. Either way there has to be a reason, we never found out what your problems were but expected our sympathy...:cool:
Ps: and still are!
I don't think that your last line was a very fair appraisal of WIZARDS then and now position. Then, we existed in a time when it was advisable not to let to much of the cat out of the bag, especially when legal proceedings were pending. You can now, be a little more open in your willingness to share information, but still have to exercise caution.

You Who2 [sounds like a call of recognition] are very similar to myself, I tell all about myself to those that want to listen. But in WIZARDS case I think that he just wanted to unburden himself towards people that maybe wanted to listen and show a little interest, not sympathy. We all need someones ear in times of stress, and if those ears are only names and avatars on the internet, at least some one is there reading it to maybe offer advise or just words of encouragement.

Just because you have lived here for over twenty years dose not necessarily mean that you have trusted friends that you can unburden to or friends that you thought were friends that were, in actual fact, quite the opposite. I think the reasons why WIZARD is suffering so is his business and not ones that he wishes to share at this moment in time or ever want to. This, whatever it is, could affect any of us at any given moment in time when you reside in such a fickle country and there exist people that want to gain the upper hand towards you. I would not like to be in your position WIZARD.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Quote: I would not like to be in your position WIZARD.
Which is ?..:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

WIZARD
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by WIZARD »

Who2 wrote:Quote: I would not like to be in your position WIZARD.
Which is ?..:cool:
“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk as much as you do and remove all doubt.”
WIZARD

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

My dear Wiz, your one line jobs, are to die for,........such style, class act.

I do not know for one moment what your occupation was, but you would have certainly been an excellent barrister. On occasion I call in at the Old Bailey, to be amused by the theatrical performances of such people, as some poor sod sits in the dock, not understanding one word of the proceedings, that is until the learned judge, looks with stern eye underneath a powdered oversized wig, and inform the visitor, '25years.........Take him down'.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

For years we have all read your posts, knowing something happened to you a few years ago, as I don't live on the east bank or indulge in gossip and none of your posts made me any the wizer.
So either you live in Luxor for a reason or you don't live in Luxor also for a reason.
You tend to try to weave a web of intrigue and suspicions and still do.
I have no 'beans to spill and couldn't really give a donkey's toss, but when sympathy is elicited which is quite apparent see below as a classic example.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34811
I am left to ask my self for what reason is the sympathy elicited ?.....:cool:
Ps: As told to me by many, I don't suffer fools gladly.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Who2 wrote: I have no 'beans to spill and couldn't really give a donkey's toss, but when sympathy is elicited which is quite apparent see below as a classic example.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34811
I am left to ask my self for what reason is the sympathy elicited ?.....:cool:
:urm:
Surely they are just common (classic) statements of facts about 'fair weather friends'! Nothing personal was said or implied in the post.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Once bitten

Post by Once bitten »

I had to leave due to ill health, the health service in Egypt would not have recognised my illness, and so I would have died. I came back to England when't into hospital, had three major operations, two of which were life savers. My illness is incurable and I have to take a pile of pills twice a day, also I have to have blood tests done every month, and see my consultant every two months. This requires me to be in the UK for most of the year. My income has dropped so I can only visit Luxor once a year. :) :) 8)
What's a donkey's toss?
I am still young and innocent and do not understand these things. :urm: :ni: :ni: 8)

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

That is really sad to know Once Bitten (re: your health). Definitely good to know you were able to get back to the UK in time to sort out all your medical needs. Must be difficult only being able to go back to a place you had defined as home for such a short stint. Hope you're able to make the most of your time when you're there!

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

Why couldn't Egypt treat you? We always hear that medical treatment here is has good has the UK...
After you have been transferred to the correct hospital with the right equipment, I suppose.

WIZARD
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by WIZARD »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:That is really sad to know Once Bitten (re: your health). Definitely good to know you were able to get back to the UK in time to sort out all your medical needs. Must be difficult only being able to go back to a place you had defined as home for such a short stint. Hope you're able to make the most of your time when you're there!
I won't offer you my sympathy OB as it may well be misconstrued on this forum by some unfeeling persons. I will however say this, I admire you for your courage and offer you my sincere admiration in overcoming your major health problems.
WIZARD

Once bitten

Post by Once bitten »

Chocolate Eclair wrote:Why couldn't Egypt treat you? We always hear that medical treatment here is has good has the UK...
After you have been transferred to the correct hospital with the right equipment, I suppose.
Work out the cost of two abdominal opps., one spinal opp., and four months in hospital with all relevant tests and medication. I should think it is in excess of £100,000 sterling. I have been diagnosed with a rare cancer, and if I hadn't flown back to the UK when I did I would have died. :D :D 8)

Once bitten

Post by Once bitten »

WIZARD wrote:
LovelyLadyLux wrote:That is really sad to know Once Bitten (re: your health). Definitely good to know you were able to get back to the UK in time to sort out all your medical needs. Must be difficult only being able to go back to a place you had defined as home for such a short stint. Hope you're able to make the most of your time when you're there!
I won't offer you my sympathy OB as it may well be misconstrued on this forum by some unfeeling persons. I will however say this, I admire you for your courage and offer you my sincere admiration in overcoming your major health problems.
Thanks for your comment Wiz. I do not go looking for sympathy, I just tell it as it is. :D :D 8)

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The words "rare" and "cancer" have always scared me. Good to know you were able to get a diagnoses in time and get onto a course of treatment.

Need to ask - did YOU OB or your doctor discover this rare cancer? (Am a bit of a hypochondriac in this area and always wonder if it is the person who figures out something is wrong with them or if doctors are actually that discerning, rigorous and vigorous in their examinations)

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

Nothing to do with experience of the medical teams in Egypt yjen

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Once bitten wrote:
Chocolate Eclair wrote:Why couldn't Egypt treat you? We always hear that medical treatment here is has good has the UK...
Work out the cost of two abdominal opps., one spinal opp., and four months in hospital with all relevant tests and medication. I should think it is in excess of £100,000 sterling. I have been diagnosed with a rare cancer, and if I hadn't flown back to the UK when I did I would have died. :D :D 8)
Good luck with your endeavor's to combat this terrible illness. Had too many in my family suffer from it.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Where have all the Luxor Expats gone?

I would think the bottom line is that it really doesn't matter. They have gone from Luxor either to other 'foreign fields' or back to their homelands by their own choice and/or actions - with, admittedly, some exceptions.

If they were friends that have left, surely they would have said why they were leaving and any other plans they may have.
If they were acquaintances, then they have probably told their friends in the expectation that others will be told if it comes up in conversation.
If they were just local known names, then it's really only their business but no doubt the local mill will have some explanation.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Once bitten

Post by Once bitten »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:The words "rare" and "cancer" have always scared me. Good to know you were able to get a diagnoses in time and get onto a course of treatment.

Need to ask - did YOU OB or your doctor discover this rare cancer? (Am a bit of a hypochondriac in this area and always wonder if it is the person who figures out something is wrong with them or if doctors are actually that discerning, rigorous and vigorous in their examinations)
Had blood tests done at Hillingdon Hospital near Heathrow where they admitted me and the cancer was detected then. It will not kill me if I keep taking the drugs to keep it under control. I am also extremely stubborn, and the words "give in" or surrender are not in my lexicon off linked words. :D :D :) :P :P 8)

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Thanks OB - was just curious as to 'how' it was detected as I know my doctor is usually so pressured for time he hardly knows my name. Interesting it was a blood test. Good on you for your positive attitude about this! Keep the faith and your health! :up :up :up

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

HEPZIBAH wrote:Where have all the Luxor Expats gone?

I would think the bottom line is that it really doesn't matter. They have gone from Luxor either to other 'foreign fields' or back to their homelands by their own choice and/or actions - with, admittedly, some exceptions.

If they were friends that have left, surely they would have said why they were leaving and any other plans they may have.
If they were acquaintances, then they have probably told their friends in the expectation that others will be told if it comes up in conversation.
If they were just local known names, then it's really only their business but no doubt the local mill will have some explanation.
To be honest with you, I really don't care where they have gone. I'm still here and that is all that matters to me. :up [although one or two would probably disagree with that last bit :o ]

Once bitten

Post by Once bitten »

What's a donkey's toss?
I am still young and innocent and do not understand these things. :urm: :ni: :ni: 8)[/quote]

Could someone please please tell me what a "donkey's toss" is?
Perhaps the good Doctor could enlighten me. :? :? :? 8)