AN OPEN INVITATION FROM THE GOVERNOR TO ALL IN LUXOR

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Barb

AN OPEN INVITATION FROM THE GOVERNOR TO ALL IN LUXOR

Post by Barb »

From Theresa Clarke

AN OPEN INVITATION FROM THE GOVERNOR TO ALL IN LUXOR!!!

His Excellency, General Tarek Saad El Din, Governor of Luxor invites you to join him, the Saudi Ambassador and other dignitaries for the Inauguration of King Abdullah Square in Luxor on FRIDAY 29th NOVEMBER at 5.00 pm. This ceremony will be followed by a musical event at Luxor Temple, starting around 7.00 pm, featuring traditional music played by local musicians.

Please come along and join in the celebrations and please tell your friends who may not use the internet.

Barb

Re: AN OPEN INVITATION FROM THE GOVERNOR TO ALL IN LUXOR

Post by Barb »

This information came to us from Mr Ahmed Nouby Mousa, chairman of the committee.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Where is this newly to be named square? Perhaps not many people know where it is but would recognise it by it's former name or by a local landmark.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

I thought you Barb, and your sister had left the comedy club and entered into a convent or something. :wi

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Its getting boring A Four and to be honest making you look less intelligent than you obviously are.

Barb

Post by Barb »

HEPZIBAH wrote:Where is this newly to be named square? Perhaps not many people know where it is but would recognise it by it's former name or by a local landmark.
It is the crossroads just before Karnak where the local buses split their route, some going to Karnak and others turning right to Sawagi, also where the general hospital is on the left hand side of the street coming from the city. You cant miss it, there is a huge poster of king Abdullah. ;)

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Thanks.
Barb wrote: You cant miss it, there is a huge poster of king Abdullah. ;)
LOL!
Ah! Not a foolproof identification method. There used to big posters of a guy on the Luxor bridge. I'm told it was Mubarak but I could never be sure who was hiding behind those sunglasses! ;)
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Well actually NO Bombay, the sooner people get back to the real day to day issues on here, the better it will be for this forum, rather than this silly thing of committee going round and round in circles and doing NOTHING.

All this 'invitation' thing is, is about THAT photo of ex-pats smiling, and used in the future, as was the photo on the initial meeting, to show Foreign Ministers of Europe during a recent visit by Egypt's Tourist Minister.

People look to this forum to help show progress in Luxor, which the Committee has not, and even with your idea that if it achieves 1% success would be good enough for you, may I suggest, that a Comedy Club set up in the Regal Lounge may be far more of a pleasure than the so called Committee ever will be,........................we need to move on, and get back to basics.
Last edited by A-Four on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

I highly recommend marriage to foreign ladies in Luxor. Keeps you busy and gives you an excuse not to get personal invites like this or feel compelled to attend such events.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Further to my above statement, I would have thought that by now Barb and her sister had become FULLY aware of the reasoning behind the W.B. meeting fiasco, and that was why she had made clear that both of them had withdrawn from the Comedy, and was entering into the field of local charity.

It seems that still, only Glyphdoctor and myself are aware of events that day,........and neither of us live in Luxor.
Last edited by A-Four on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

As far as I can see its got nothing to do with the committee its organised by the Government and the Governor.
Its twisting everything back to the committee thats become boring not debating other issues.
You are visiting Luxor soon pop in and tell him the errors of his ways.
Its unfortunate that members need only to be over 13 in age to be a member on here.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Her information comes from the chair of the Committee,...............enough said.

Remus
Egypt

Post by Remus »

'and neither of us live (sic) in Luxor' :

Understanding little of all this, and living in Luxor,
I'd suggest that the above comment possibly presents your problem.

Barb has announced an invitation. What really is your
problem?

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

A-Four wrote:Her information comes from the chair of the Committee,...............enough said.
Who works for the Governor iirc hence the reason he heads the committee.

And the title of this thread is :?:

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

It is very kind of Theresa Clarke to pass to her sister, to pass to this forum, the open invitation from his Excellency but am I alone in thinking this is a very odd way to communicate with the ex-pat community. Would not a post on the Committee website or Facebook page be more appropriate...and perhaps reach a wider audience? :))) :ni:

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

What does it matter who called Theresa? Seriously, this event was publicized in the press before she ever got the call. For all we know she could have just been working her magic with Google Translate and found out that way. I know we are supposed to be impressed with her connections with the governorate but she never has any exclusive information one can't find out on one's own.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

newcastle wrote:It is very kind of Theresa Clarke to pass to her sister, to pass to this forum, the open invitation from his Excellency but am I alone in thinking this is a very odd way to communicate with the ex-pat community. Would not a post on the Committee website or Facebook page be more appropriate...and perhaps reach a wider audience? :))) :ni:
You may be on your own. Living In Luxor implies its an expat forum so I guess there is no reason for it not to be on here.
It is on Facebook pages as well.

Barb

Post by Barb »

Glyphdoctor wrote:What does it matter who called Theresa? Seriously, this event was publicized in the press before she ever got the call. For all we know she could have just been working her magic with Google Translate and found out that way. I know we are supposed to be impressed with her connections with the governorate but she never has any exclusive information one can't find out on one's own.
This comment was posted purely so that if it all goes t*ts up again you know who to complain to and not blame Theresa or me. ;) :lol:

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

A-Four wrote:Well actually NO Bombay, the sooner people get back to the real day to day issues on here, the better it will be for this forum, rather than this silly thing of committee going round and round in circles and doing NOTHING.

All this 'invitation' thing is, is about THAT photo of ex-pats smiling, and used in the future, as was the photo on the initial meeting, to show Foreign Ministers of Europe during a recent visit by Egypt's Tourist Minister.

People look to this forum to help show progress in Luxor, which the Committee has not, and even with your idea that if it achieves 1% success would be good enough for you, may I suggest, that a Comedy Club set up in the Regal Lounge may be far more of a pleasure than the so called Committee ever will be,........................we need to move on, and get back to basics.
It may seen mundane to you A-for, but this IS our day to day living. These news snippets are for us expats that live here and any odd tourist that may log on during their hols. I'm personally not interested in pictures of refurbished bridges in London, but the forum is open to all and sundry to post what they deem to be of interest. It matters not where the information derives from, word of mouth, badly translated Google pages or direct from the person involved. What is important is that it is OUR news for us to decide on whether we take advantage or not. We are rapidly running out of messengers.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Barb wrote:
This comment was posted purely so that if it all goes t*ts up again you know who to complain to and not blame Theresa or me. ;) :lol:
Of course it was and I realized that from the beginning. It's completely disrespectful toward Mr. Nouby in that it suggests you don't trust him or any other Egyptian that provides you with information but you will go ahead and pass it on to take credit for being the messenger but then say look, he made the mistake, not us. This seems to be a trend started from day one when members of the committee started dealing with him. For you information is never just information on its own, it's you bestowing your good will of passing it on when it turns out to be true, and someone else's fault if it isn't.
Last edited by Glyphdoctor on Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.