A Serious Incident.

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:10 pm

And thank you for sharing this information. The best way to catch criminals like this is to make others aware.

Countessa
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Countessa » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:14 pm

TimeTraveller, I'm so, so sorry to hear about what happened to you. As you say, the physical wounds will heal, but it'll take much longer (if ever) to get over the sadness and disappointment (and anger?) that you must feel.

Thanks for taking the time to post this report; I often walk around the Fayrouz area (dropping my daughter off at lessons / coming back from the supermarket / visiting friends, etc) and will certainly be taking much more care from now on.

Wishing you all the very best. x

Edited to add: hope they get the pathetic excuse for a human who did this to you and hang him by the gonads (if he has any) :x
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...

Stu

Post by Stu » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:31 pm

Following all the bad press of earlier this year and being offered a refund on my holiday if I decided to cancel I opted to stick with it and go to Luxor.

Being truthful, my wife and I had a great time but we never strayed out too late in the evening and always went by taxi.

We did have one nasty experience with a local trader who tried to take advantage of my wallet and I was convinced that it was going to end in violence, particularly when there was welcoming party of three waiting for my wife and I on our return from our evening meal.

I know I stated elswhere that I felt as safe in Luxor as I did anywhere in the world but this was my holiday that I had saved hard for and I did not need to be intimidated in the street.

Following all the recent developments I think that I will be holidaying somewhere else this year, which is a shame because we really enjoyed most of what Egypt had to offer.