Hassle at Baggage Reclaim

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Hassle at Baggage Reclaim

Post by hatusu »

I was approached on entering the baggage reclaim and asked if I needed help. I had my hand luggage with me but had 1 extremely large suitcase to come, so would welcome assistance getting it off the carousel onto the trolley. Whilst waiting he kept pestering for my tel no, and I was regretting asking for his help. Eventually my suitcase came out and he put it on the trolley. I gave him 40LE and told him I could manage on my own now but he started shouting very loudly at me saying he wanted 100le. I ignored him and walked out but I really think the airport authorities should do something about aggressive staff like him. Perhaps there should be a set price for assistance, ie per item of luggage? I'll definitely manage on my own next time.

Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member

Re: Hassle at Baggage Reclaim

Post by Teddyboy »

hatusu, surely you're aware of she situation by now? As long as 'someone, anyone' is getting cash out of the tourist, it's OK!
hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Re: Hassle at Baggage Reclaim

Post by hatusu »

I did actually get a very speedy reply back from Egyptair, and was pleasantly surprised. Perhaps nothing may come of it but I was pleased that they actually took notice of my complaint.
They wrote
"Thank you for your e-mail and kindly be informed that referring to the concerned department they confirmed that those workers are not related to Egyptair Airlines Company which beyond our control or authority, they are working for a service provider company to provide paid services to passengers against fixed prices , Still your case was transferred to the concerned to take a corrective action to avoid future inconvenience. Thank you for understanding and patience "