The vaccine info/ what to expect

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: The vaccine info/ what to expect

Post by newcastle »

Teddyboy wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:40 pm I'm rather surprised that newcastle seems to be in favour of an overarching dictatorship which encourages the enslavement of folk from poorer countries, just to make our own way of life more luxurious and easy.

Errr.....been at the gin this morning? What/ who am I supposed to be in favour of??

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

As a rule I do not confront the usual crazy statements, simply because I learnt a lot from Horus's past encounters with another on here, however...........

With regards poultry production in the U.K., there is a simple reason for the shortage, but one has to study further a field than the usual British press. In April this year there was a very serious outbreak of Avian flu that decimated many parts of the European poultry production. This did not effect the British market, however the European market price for this product went through the roof, and in true British sense of business we exported to the highest bidder. Therefore the market for B, C, and D,grade poultry (usually supplied to Ketucky Fried Chicken, Mac Donald's, etc) would not pay the higher price.

People in the U.K. will notice this did not effect the general A, grade range supplied to butchers and supermarkets, the only present day problem to such production is caused by the so called 'pingdemic' effect that is a vital condition for such production to guarantee safety. It seems that this lesson has still to be learnt in Europe.

I believe if anyone is studying shortages you only have to look carefully at the European press, instead of the blinkered view of many British people. I am neither for or against what was the E.E.C., but a federal Europe is a little like the Arab League,.......one big talking shop, but in this case a very much more expensive one. :wi
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Morocco

Post by John Landon »

The lorry driver shortage could have been fixed if not for covid. There were and are plenty of people willing to fill that gap, but People just couldn't get the lessons and driving tests for hgv.

Here in Wales most supermarkets are advertising for van drivers.
Though this is a sign of the changing times where it makes sense to have your shopping delivered. It's better for the environment all round. Better one van delivers to 20 homes than have 20 cars descend on a supermarket car park and return home again.

Remote working is now a thing too.

Expect a lot more environmentally driven changes in the non too distant future.
Covid worked wonders in that department...
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

It’s not just the pandemic ....although that is affecting the testing for, and issuance of, hgv licenses.

The whole system needs overhauling....having been neglected for decades because of the availability of Europeans willing to suffer the unsociable hours and a British reluctance to do so, despite the above average wages of hgv drivers.

Recognising that they’re more in demand, the drivers are also demanding improvements in wages and working conditions.

Reminds me of the improvement in agricultural wages following in the Black Death.

Every cloud.....what!?

Apparently the government is considering a review of the tests.....for which read “making it easier to pass”. What that’ll do for road safety is anyone’s guess...although , as you can imagine, the drivers’ unions aren’t in favour. They simply want recognition that the job requires high skills.

But that might mean easier access for European drivers.....and round and round we go :lol:
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Did someone mention chicken or have they chickened out already,......cluck, cluck, cluck. :py :wi .
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Just been on the BBC news that 50,000 extra tests for truck drivers are " promised" each year now. Didn't state which year it's to start though. So all you UK dwellers will soon be spoilt for choice in you favourite yummy shops lol. I can envisage trucking 'ell on the roads.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Morocco

Post by John Landon »

Imagine a world without News. 🤔

Now that's a novel idea.... 😎
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

John Landon wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:10 pm Imagine a world without News. 🤔

No need to imagine it. Come to Egypt!
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

John Landon wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:10 pm Imagine a world without News. 🤔

If that was the case, then you could always do as the knob 'ed's do on social media, make it up. Half the reading population will soak it up as the gospel truth.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Morocco

Post by John Landon »

Well that's the problem Dusak.

As sting said. too much information. 😎

As Newcastle said. One of the reasons I loved Luxor was not having to listen to any News or having to converse about it.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

John Landon wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:20 pm Well that's the problem Dusak.

As sting said. too much information. 😎

As Newcastle said. One of the reasons I loved Luxor was not having to listen to any News or having to converse about it.
I must admit, i do watch a lot of news each day with so much going on in the world, wars, coups, fire floods and famine not to mention you know what, but not read a newspaper for 30 years, not even an online addition, and of course as I do not mix with anyone, don't have to discuss it lol.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

This HGV problem has the government worried but the revised testing is already showing results....

Fatima’s next job wasn’t in cyber, she’s now an HGV driver

Fatima, a twenty-two-year-old from Luton, had been promised by the government’s promotional posters that she could have an exciting opportunity ‘in cyber’ – whatever that means – after the lockdowns forced the ballet company she danced for to close; but things didn’t end up working out that way.

https://newsthump.com/2021/09/13/fatima ... 2_nI9uIn68
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Morocco

Post by John Landon »

Wow. 50K to drive a 7.5 tonne lorry, which is something you can do with your standard car drivers licence.

I might apply for that.... 😎
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

John Landon wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:51 pm Wow. 50K to drive a 7.5 tonne lorry, which is something you can do with your standard car drivers licence.

I might apply for that.... 😎
1A8A1DC4-D4E2-40D8-986E-7F05D6E18FF3.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Morocco

Post by John Landon »

😂

I could do that as well. I failed my first cycling proficiency test when I was 10. I failed to stop in time when the copper who was conducting the test walked out in front of me .
😎
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Ohh...I'm looking for a new job, and I passed the cycling proficiency test twice. The first time was with the Brownies so I was only about 8 or 9 years old. The second time was with school and my teacher insisted that we all had do the lessons and take the test whether we'd already got our certificate and penant.

Where do I sign up?
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Call me thick but, can anyone explain the inconsistencies between the UK and Egypt's covid figures ?

Today's UK Covid figures: United Kingdom Population: 66.65 million (2019)
Cases: 7.34M. Deaths: 135K.

Latest Egypt Covid figures: Egypt Population: 100.4 million (2019)
Cases: 295K. Deaths:16,921.

Note: The UK is not listed above!

Someone stated, they thought that Egypt would be coming off the Red list..... 8)

Ps: When 3 of us left Egypt 18 months ago we all then got suspected covid symptoms.
Last edited by Who2 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

The explanation is obvious.

Egypt only records cases that end up in hospital....and with a young population ( <5% over 65) and a general reluctance to go to hospital unless in dire straits, there’s not many to record!

There’s no routine testing. The only other source of infection data would be those tested for travel.

If there’s any genomic sequencing of identified cases, they’re keeping pretty quiet about it.

Less than 6% of the population has received two doses of vaccine.

Accordingly, Egypt fails on every one of the four major criteria the UK government sets in assessing the “colour” of a country under the traffic light system.

It’s widely expected that the current red list will be reduced significantly at today’s announcement. For Egypt to be removed from that list would require a complete abandonment of the government’s strategy.

But Boris is capable of anything.....watch this space!
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Quote: Ps: "When 3 of us left Egypt 18 months ago we all then got suspected covid symptoms.

We didn't have any symptoms before we got on a plane to the UK, but I do remember whilst in Luxor
they were talking about a Nile cruiser being isolated due to suspected covid cases.
And that was back in January 2020... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:54 am Quote: Ps: "When 3 of us left Egypt 18 months ago we all then got suspected covid symptoms.

We didn't have any symptoms before we got on a plane to the UK, but I do remember whilst in Luxor
they were talking about a Nile cruiser being isolated due to suspected covid cases.
And that was back in January 2020... 8)
Having been in Egypt for the last four months, my impression is that covid is probably as widespread as the common cold....and indistinguishable from it in many cases.

Virtually everyone I’ve met had experienced symptoms which could be covid. Several have been to see their doctor.

The crazy thing is .....the doctor’s response, every time, was to say “ It could be covid...or some other virus” and prescribe a cocktail of over-the-counter remedies to deal with the symptoms. Cough, runny nose...whatever😂

I’ve come across a few cases where the person was quite ill...requiring oxygen. Even then, there was no testing to ascertain what virus, if any, was causing the problem !