Huge rise in handbag snatching by motorbike thieves in Luxor.

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Huge rise in handbag snatching by motorbike thieves in Luxor.

Post by DJKeefy »

The incident of the video below shows the thieves just before stealing a bag belonging to a citizen, the thieves who roam the streets in the heart of Luxor city on motorcycles without number plates.

This incident in the Luxor governorate was at the intersection of Abdel Hamid Al-Omda Street in front of the International Hospital.  In the heart of Luxor, before entering Al Tayeb Street, Al Muroora Street, where they fled the area.

Immediately, the police officers at Luxor Police station under the leadership of Major Ahmed Jadu, head of the department's investigations, were informed, and a security patrol was moved in the area to find out the location of the accident and examine the surveillance cameras in the area, as the bag contained a mobile phone and personal belongings that included "an identity card and the amount of 3160 Egyptian pounds.

By examining the cameras the next day with the knowledge and presence of Captain Mohamed Abdel Fattah, assistant investigator of the department, the two defendants appeared on a black motorcycle without number plates, one of them wore robes and masked with a turban on the head and the second wore jeans and a pullover, the rest of the cameras were being examined to determine the features of the two thieves who specialized in these thefts for weeks.

A large number of records of the theft and snatching of bags of a number of women, men, and youth in that area were made in the main television street, Medina Street and the streets branching from them during the past two weeks, the two thieves appeared with a group of other thieves in dozens of recordings on surveillance cameras in the stores in those areas.  Their identity has not yet been found by detectives.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Huge rise in handbag snatching by motorbike thieves in Luxor.

Post by Who2 »

As I said elsewhere, regarding those 'bag snatchers, 'a very popular past-time in this part of Landaan.
Or was, before this covid 19 pandemic, 'phone snatching has dropped right off as has nicking scooters...

I'm also 'pained to point out, that most old age pensioners around here,
could out run those so called 'speedy gonzales...
Luxor handbag snatchers... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Who2 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:34 pm
As I said elsewhere, regarding those 'bag snatchers, 'a very popular past-time in this part of Landaan.
Or was,
I am not sure, but I believe you was in Egypt at the time, but late last year the Met here in London introduced the idea of deliberately using their vehicles, either car or, more often motor bikes to crash into the 125cc trials bikes that thieves were using. I witnessed one such incident myself down on Bond Street, the thieves on the floor quite cut up could not believe that the old bill had deliberately crashed into them. Similar such incidents occurred in other parts of central London over a couple of weeks,.....then obviously word got about.

From my reading of the present (independent of) government financial situation in Egypt, things are going to get a lot worse on the streets for the 'have nots'. Rather than help its people during these trouble times, instead it is spending a fortune on such military equipment to control its citizens.

According to the government controlled media, I see that no more than 15 people a day die from Covid 19, that's wonderful news if true,.....but then again.

Sdo
Egypt

Post by Sdo »

Had my bag stolen by motorbike thieves a few years ago. It is a horrible thing to happen. You feel so degraded. Only had 100le in my purse but it was the bank and credit cards plus photographs and passport copy etc.which caused a bigger problem than the money ( though that mattered as well!!) I am sure they were in a coffee shop outside the hospital watching me pass in Fayrouz and followed me. Now mega extra careful.....