My second six years living in Luxor.

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

My second six years living in Luxor.

Post by Dusak »

Most of you will remember my first six years living in Luxor [Karnak] post. In the next few days I will be posting the link to the You Tube channel that a friend of mine has operated for several years, The Andy Wright Travel channel. Andy mainly deals with his adventures in and around Thailand for the last eight years, one time when we were both in Thailand we got to discussing my life here, so the idea formed that I should catalog my day to day life here, so my six years later was created, but in video form this time.

There will be around 20 half hour episodes, showing the places i visit to see to my daily needs, the folk I have known since moving here, and new people that I meet along the way. I also highlight the improvements in and around the city of Luxor. If these vlogs encourage the tourists to slowly return, or new visitors to give Egypt a first try, then all well and good, but the main focus of attention is my life living here.

I will be posting the link for the first episode only, that being an introduction to myself and a guided tour around my home. the following episodes will be about my trips out with my Egyptian friend Kaliea, a most needed companion when your recording outside and an explanation in Arabic is required lol.

To watch the following episodes you will have to create a You Tube account, a very easily thing to achieve, free as well, hence this post to give anyone interested the time to create an account. Once you have your account click the red subscribe panel, click onto the little bell icon that says ''all'' and you will automatically be notified when the next episode is ready to view, in fact all of Andy's new releases, which is twice weekly. Also please use the like, subscribe and share functions to help Andy's channel grow. If you want to place a comment, either positive or negative, please feel free to do so, but the channel is like this one, all comments are held for revue before publishing, so no disingenuous or hateful remarks please as they will never get to be seen. My YT user name is Alfie, [long story :D ] so it is used many times.

There are eight seasons of Andy's Thailand adventures and if you are interested to see what ''Alfie'' and the friends he has over there got up to, then subscribe to watch seasons seven and eight. hopefully these vloggs will relieve some of the lock down boredom.

A little about Andy himself. Andy has two channels, Andy Wright Travel and Andy Wright Talking Really. the latter one is a general discussion channel that subscribers can join in with live chat on the two live broadcasts a week, one for each channel. you can also connect via Streemdecks, a link is given on each live. you can be audio only, or video connection, the choice is yours. These lives have been quite funny in the past as up to six at a time can share screen time.

As for Andy himself, he has a Thai wife of 4 years, Tad, but is still fighting the battle to get her a UK visa, so they can only meet once a year. Andy suffers from a disability, multi sclerosis, so he highlights the problems of the disabled traveler while abroad, and on his sister channel, he discusses the adverse affects that disabled people suffer under the Tory government, but also keeps his viewers informed of any new changes in the currant rules and regulations, but it is also a general discussion channel.

There will be a link on all the Egyptian vloggs for this site, so hopefully it will generate new interest for those that want to know more about Egypt in general.

As an add on, there is also season 2, this time around 40 half hour episodes, but due to the current situation, I can not get the hard drive over to Andy in the UK at the moment, this one covers my various walks around the city and my locally organised Pop Up Walks all over the West and East Bank which were really interesting with both the expats living here, the organizers of these walks, and the tourists that decided to join us.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Re: My second six years living in Luxor.

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Sounds interesting.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

My apologies to Andy, it celeb palsy he suffers from. the release time is in 2 weeks as he still has 3 episodes left to transmit from our last visit to Thailand season 8.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

“Most of you will remember my first six years living in Luxor [Karnak] post”

Well.....I, for one, don’t. Any chance of finding a link? Of course it may have been purged.

Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Post by Ruby Slippers »

The A - Z of Life 2013 in Living in Luxor.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Ruby Slippers wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:33 pm
The A - Z of Life 2013 in Living in Luxor.
Many thanks RS.

Before my time as a member....but I look forward to devouring its contents over the next day or so.

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

Dusak wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:41 am
To watch the following episodes you will have to create a You Tube account, a very easily thing to achieve, free as well, hence this post to give anyone interested the time to create an account.
You don't need to create an account to watch youtube videos :)

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

But you need one to get the notifications, saves you searching them out manually, but it's up to those that want to watch them to choose whatever method they use. Just trying to simplify things.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:57 pm
But you need one to get the notifications, saves you searching them out manually, but it's up to those that want to watch them to choose whatever method they use. Just trying to simplify things.
Just been watching “Mr Alfie woke up with icicles on his spicy sausage”

Now we know what you were up to in Pattaya...you naughty boy :lol:

Not sure Andy and his bar crawls are my cuppa tea...but look forward to watching Dusak - Queen of the Nile - in due course.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 pm
Dusak wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:57 pm
Just been watching “Mr Alfie woke up with icicles on his spicy sausage”

Now we know what you were up to in Pattaya...you naughty boy :lol:

Not sure Andy and his bar crawls are my cuppa tea...but look forward to watching Dusak - Queen of the Nile - in due course.
It's not all bar crawls, but that is the main past time in the evening, we visit many restaurants and cafes, far better starting from episode 1. May not look like it, but there was laughter galore. The lady is Nuc, my Thai girlfriend.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

And I may add, it's a long ongoing discussion concerning the sausage, or sausages lol, all clean talk, which starts off several episodes before this one. Plenty visits to the tourist attractions and temples, on the earlier episodes.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Thai girl friend? Does that mean I should stop saving for the hat then Dusak?
Since you are obviously in touch with people over there what's the situation re the corona virus? It's Interesting to know how different countries are dealing with it.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Not that bad bvirus wise carrie, under 4,000 infections, around 35 ish deaths. They put the country on lockdown a few weeks ago, they are just staring to re open some places. All bars are still closed, as are the clubs until 30th june, shopping malls have just reopened sunday, but under very strict controls. Countless thousands of free meals have been given out in Pattaya by local businesses and ex Pat's living there as hundreds of thousands of folk lost their earning capacity overnight. Many were starving. The government did start giving out free monthly payments of 5,000baht every month, but made it difficult for people to qualify to get it. It will, I think, take at least 2 years for the place to recover as it is so dependant on the millions of tourists that used to visit each year.

denisegr
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by denisegr »

Sounds interesting looking forward to it
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles,
but it does ruin today's happiness.
-anonymous

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 »

Quote: "hundreds of thousands of folk lost their earning capacity 'overnight.

I suppose with CV19 prevalent one would think twice before picking up a 'hooker,
even if if was one of the City's estimated female 27,000 prostitutes, rather than a mistakenly 'ladyboy.... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Prostitutes or not Who2, they are people just the same, they have no money, no food, just like the rest of the thousands of " normal jobs folk." And it has to be said, that the bar and club girls have been working extremely hard preparing and handing out thousands of free meals a day to feed these people. I would add that my girlfriend is not part, and never has been, a contributor involved in the entertainment business.