scaffolding

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

scaffolding

Post by carrie » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:21 pm

Yes it's arrived, Wandering round Luxor today I saw TWO building with proper scaffolding, proper stuff not the broken down bits of wood cobbled together. :up

Horus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: scaffolding

Post by Horus » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:46 pm

Ah but do they know how to put it together safely? :lol:

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:23 pm

I first saw the quick rig aluminium and steel scaffolding being used here three years ago. Far better option than 3x3 and washing line.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Horus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Horus » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:03 pm

Dusak you should see the performance we now have to go through just to put up the ordinary sectional tower scaffolding, even worse is building scaffolding which has to have a certificate once it is erected, if you wish to remove say a single tube in order to get at something, then the whole thing has to be certified all over again.
Nice to see you back posting, I miss hearing about the cats. ;)

BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer

Post by BBLUX » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:52 pm

All my team at the Uni had to go on scaffolding certification courses. Best bit was once certified they had a duty of care if they saw another scaffold that was not safe. They could red tag it and make the builders reassemble it until they were satisfied.
Caused no end of mayhem when outside contractors were on site during the Summer vacation. Many had not done the certification courses as required by the new laws.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:42 pm

I've noticed where I live, they will stick up scaffolding up to three stories high, leave it there for upto three months, each week some one comes along to inspect the condition, then finally the required work is done in one day,........who pays for all this ? Us clowns who live here on our service charges,.....can not wait to sell this joint. :wi .

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:11 am

Thats correct A4, normally scaffolding the client pays to have it errected and pays a rental on it for while ever it is required, the client then pays to have it taken down. By law the scaffold has to be inspected periodically and a SCAFTAG is put on it to say it is safe to use. All SCATAGS have to be signed and if the inspector finds it to be unsafe he will turn the SCAFTAG inside out to the Red Section telling people the scaffold is unusable. Anyone caught using U/S Scaffold gets fired.

newcastle
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:26 am

Pardon me if I’ve missed the point but surely if you’ve erected scaffolding on your property you are responsible for paying for it!

And if it’s in erected by your landlord or the owner of your freehold (if you have a leasehold property) in order to carry out repairs or maintenance, then you would expect to find the cost reflected on your rent or service charge.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:12 pm

Major Thom wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:11 am
Thats correct A4, normally scaffolding the client pays to have it errected and pays a rental on it for while ever it is required, the client then pays to have it taken down. By law the scaffold has to be inspected periodically and a SCAFTAG is put on it to say it is safe to use. All SCATAGS have to be signed and if the inspector finds it to be unsafe he will turn the SCAFTAG inside out to the Red Section telling people the scaffold is unusable. Anyone caught using U/S Scaffold gets fired.
It's funny you mentioned the SCAFTAG, they have to be signed each week, that was how I was able to prove that we, the lease holders were being ripped off by the leasehold management, and that some one was on the 'back hander'.

The big problem with property in London today is that leasehold charges rise by double inflation each year, plus the so called new extras. This is the first flat I have ever owned, never again, will go back to buying a house when I leave London. Must admit I can not complain about the profit I'm making. :wi .