Everything comes in three's.

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Everything comes in three's.

Post by Dusak » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:44 pm

Good or bad, everything seems to come in threes, although the number three has always been my lucky digit. First the main water pump went, so I replaced it with a 1.5 HP to give better pressure to the top flat. 5,000Le with fitting, new Italian model. Worked well, only I had to call the plumber back out to three water leaks as the increased pressure from 1HP popped the joints.

Then the water heater went bang in the second bathroom, I don't use this one, it is the personal domain of 'her.' And she likes to lock herself in there for at least two hours and have a nice long soak in the tub with the scented candles and a coffee, this is the only one with a bath, so always needed me to cart extra hot water through the house from the other heater to put extra hot in as the heater was only a standard 30Ltr, so bought an 80Ltr replacement [1,400Le]. Because of the now extra pressure I needed to replace the two old water leads with high pressure ones, plus a safety pressure release valve, another three.

Then my 50'' plasma TV started to show a very slight vertical line up the screen, which bugged my eye balls, as soon as you noticed it, then that was it, you couldn't help but notice it. So I said sod it, time to treat myself for Xmas. I did all the decent TV shops and discovered that they were all selling the new, well for here it is, Samsung 55'' curved screens at 13,000Le, no price difference anywhere. There was only three decent shops to choose from, the new Samsung one in TV street, B-TEK in TV street and a large one in Station street that turned out to be a Union Air outlet. As well as A/C's, they now make TV's, fridge freezers, hot water boilers, fires, all manner of things. But didn't really fancy one from there as I had never heard of Union Air TV's. They had the 55'' and 65'' curved screen, again 13,000Le and 20,000Le, plus various flat screens. In my mind I opted for the Samsung 60'' LCD flat smart from B-TEK at 20,000Le. I decided to wait until the following day to think on it. I had a look on the internet about Union Air TV's and found that they had quite a good write up, comparable to Samsung's. Apparently they are part of Sharp in the TV's, or the other way round. Unbeknown to me my friend had given the shop girl in Union Air her number as she had told her that there was some special offers due in, so she would ring her to let her know what was on offer. My friend rang my in the evening saying that the girl had rang her three times with different offers. In the end I went in the following day and bought the 65'' flat screen which is fully smart and with internet ready connection plus a built in hard drive with a three years warranty included, [only twelve months with Samsung]. I collect it tomorrow having taken advantage of the 23.5Le exchange rate. I jokingly said to the girl that I wanted a thank you gift for giving them my custom, she said no problem and gave me the new generation of satellite receivers. Its like a router in shape and size, has a port in the back for either a memory stick or an internet thingamabob stick. Cost to buy? 300Le. And it receives an excellent digital signal for the TV programs, not that you have much to view here, this TV is to enjoy my downloads.Now for another three

Three weeks ago I mentioned to my friend that I would have to stop work on the new pool roof as it was still to hot, so that meant that I had to return to the glossing, which I didn't really fancy. She asked if I would make her sister three shelves for her kitchen pots and pans, she would buy the wood, so I agreed, better than painting. Three hours later I eventually escaped with the drawings of three very large shelving units, two for the kitchen, the other a large TV display unit. Just got home when she phoned my friend, she wanted to change the job, so could I nip back. As its only ten minutes down the road, off we went. The end result was another three units, six in total. Three weeks later I'm still making them and it will take another three to finish. I have given the big plasma to them for the new unit as they only have a very small TV and the husband likes to watch football. It should be OK for quite some time before the line gets any worse. Half way through this post the door bell rings, its the husband with three sleeves of cigs as a thank you, although I wanted nothing.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Horus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Everything comes in three's.

Post by Horus » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:41 pm

The thing is Dusak most TV or their components are made by a few manufacturers and the parts are often incorporated into many brands.
Nice to see that you recucled your old TV I am sure he won't worry about a vertical line unless he mistakes it for a goal post ;)
The only thing I would say about your 'smart' TV is that without a decent internet connection you are not likely to get much benefit in that direction.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:18 pm

No problem with the internet Horus, I have a very strong WF connection. :up

Forgot to mention, this 65'' cost 18,000Le. My down loader friend tells me that she is downloading the new Star Trek series, so I look forwards going into deep space on the new telly, didn't know they had made it. Anyone watched it?
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Horus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Horus » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:04 pm

No problem with the internet Horus, I have a very strong WF connection. :up
That's good to hear then Dusak :up (must have paid to much attention to MD's posts :D ) you will be really pleased with the screen quality of your new TV especially if you watch anything in 4K. You should see a big difference in the quality of many new programs including the Star Trek series all of which have great graphics, enjoy your viewing

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:12 am

Your so right "D" Yesterday first had Pykletts, then a couple of Toasted Tea Cakes, and followed later by pork pie and Pickle Salad. That was enough for the day and it came in 3's

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:28 pm

Major Thom wrote:Your so right "D" Yesterday first had Pykletts, then a couple of Toasted Tea Cakes, and followed later by pork pie and Pickle Salad. That was enough for the day and it came in 3's
But cholesterol comes in bigger numbers.

BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer

Post by BBLUX » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:58 pm

Dusak, you mentioned the new Star Trek Discovery series. I am getting this each week. Another worth giving a go is The Orville. In a similar vein by Seth McFarlane so contains some humour. Check it out.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

FarleyFlavors

Post by FarleyFlavors » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:00 pm

Dusak wrote:My down loader friend tells me that she is downloading the new Star Trek series, so I look forwards going into deep space on the new telly, didn't know they had made it. Anyone watched it?
Yes - it's excellent!

There's been nine shown so far, it's currently on a break until the new year and a second season has already been confirmed.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:27 pm

I hate it when production company do that, show a short season or only part of the full set of episodes, like the Walking Dead, split by a six month wait. I go into panic mode hoping that I'm going to live long enough to see the end. :lol: