Luxor mafia's hidden source of prosperity

Post details here of scams you have discovered or hassles you have experienced.
10+ posts are required to post in this section.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Luxor mafia's hidden source of prosperity

Post by Chocolate Eclair » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:26 pm

When you read some of these posts, it makes you think the West Bank is beyond the Law, this being the Case we had may as well have our own police force as well.

Surely what the law is to a Country it applies to every area of that Country, i know and have seen disputes settled outside the law, but wonder if sometimes its the best thing, it has a tendency to make the Security system impotent, and that surely cannot be a good thing.

Maat
United Kingdom

Post by Maat » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:30 pm

Chocolate Eclair wrote:When you read some of these posts, it makes you think the West Bank is beyond the Law, this being the Case we had may as well have our own police force as well.

Surely what the law is to a Country it applies to every area of that Country, i know and have seen disputes settled outside the law, but wonder if sometimes its the best thing, it has a tendency to make the Security system impotent, and that surely cannot be a good thing.
I dare to say, from what we know, the core of the issues with the Law of ARE is:

1) the Law has holes; the punishment measures for theft/cheating/misbehavior are null or significant.
2) The court figures take bribes (including the Prosecutor and the Secretary of the Judge, that is enough to spoil a criminal case against criminals).
3) Police can (and is often) bribed to stop a criminal case or to draw a written conclusion that the complaint was false.
Cheating (even if large sums of finance or expensive properties are involved) is not severely punished if at all. (I heard a real story of a businessman from Cairo who after he lost all by way of cheating just shot himself and his children to evade misery and suffering).
The only crime which is severly punished in this country is a grave physical injury.

Can a person who was robbed of all and put out on the street go fight with the abusers? Yes, he or she can, but then the abusers escape. If the person injures himself and points to the abuser still the abusers can bribe the court and the Police (since now they have all the financial means to do so, see the points 10 - 3)) and then the Comedy continues...

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:36 pm

This morning a car got carjacked at the Maroar (memnon road checkpoint) right in-front of the Police, my pal was 'cracking up telling me. He said it was a small coptic owned Toyota. Keystone comes to mind ?……. :cool:
Ps: The West Bank has always had it's own Police Force, and most apparent to those in the know during our glourious Cairo based Revolution, led I believe by our very own Glyph that other Dr…. :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:43 pm

If you have enough money and clout even severe injury inflicted on someone can go unpunished. Do you remembeer a few years ago a rich Egyptian was found guilty of hiring a hitman to kill his girlfriend ( I believe she was a Lybian singer) he was sentenced to death, went before the Grand Mufti who agreed with the sentence. Pres Mubarak as he was then, a friend of the accused created new appeals procedures, ordered new trials, he was sentenced to time in prison eventually, in his own private cell block with his food brought in from Four Seasons daily, internet, visits from wife and family, he did OK.

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:53 pm

Any idea how much the 'hit man charged ? and did the 'hit man get away or did he 'grass up his employer ?..just interested… :cool:
Ps: was the girlfriend any good as a singer ? she must have been bad a something eh ? I'd have thought.
I've have many girlfriends and a few very trying ones but, never been pushed that far. I cannot speak for my ex's though..... :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Maat
United Kingdom

Post by Maat » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Who2 wrote:Any idea how much the 'hit man charged ? and did the 'hit man get away or did he 'grass up his employer ?..just interested… :cool:
Ps: was the girlfriend any good as a singer ? she must have been bad a something eh ? I'd have thought.
I've have many girlfriends and a few very trying ones but, never been pushed that far. I cannot speak for my ex's though..... :cool:
I know saw the story in the egyptian newspapers, the reason was plain jealousy :(

Eurydice
Egypt

Post by Eurydice » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:52 pm

I could not long time understand why astrologysts place Egypt under Neptune. It could not be for the hash, sure? And the country is not so watery, it's desert.
Unless I understood that before the Aswan dams had been built annual floods regularly plundered the Valley of the Nile, locals told me during floods they lost much of the cattle, some people escaped to the mountain, and they had to rebuild their mud houses after.

What am I driving at?..
Ah!.. and I thought under Neptune cause Neptune is the planet of drugs, illusions, cinema and cheating... :lol:

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:57 pm

The hit man was arrested and sentenced to death but he like his employer got a reduced sentence in the end. The singer was supposed to be very good and the guy had spent a lot of money on her and her family, they were to be married but she changed her mind and that's when he had her polished off.

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:31 am

The problem is on the WB, people have found that they can sell themselves land and property without the use of Estate Agents and then cream off from the owner commission, normally 10%, the land and properties are sold at hyper inflated prices to Europeans, who get just a bit of paper with their name on it, the paper is normally in Arabic and they never think of getting it correctly put to English, they pay their money and think they are land owners. Another thing is that land on the WB is family owned, and if the whole families signatures are not on the papers then the chances are you have wasted your money.

There is also a lot of land on the WB that is Government owned, and therefore homes built on this land will eventually come under scrutiny and may eventually get removed. Many families are related to each other by one way or another, so fake deals and papers are easily come by, a little backsheesh and wellha you have got what looks to be an official document, that is both meaningless and of no value whatsoever. Your money is then lost, and chasing it back is just a waste of time the legal system is of little value here to Europeans, and most lawyers have got themselves bad names, they talk to each other and maybe dare I suggest connive to see how much money between them they can get from the client, especially if European.

My advice to anyone is to buy or even rent via a reputable Real Estate Agency one that has been trading a long time, normally these people have the knowledge to put you right. But do not buy property or land through locals unless you really know them well, always have your documents checked before handing over money, and by a reputable person, and not a relative, always get papers transposed to English and make sure all papers have official stamps. MOST OF ALL KEEP ALL RECEIPTS, AND IF THINGS GO WRONG DO NOT RELY ON THE LEGAL SYSTEM TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK. Finally don't think that if you are dealing with a European you can trust them either, I am living proof that Europeans here are has bad if they think they can make cash. OK Banger, you should know!!

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:41 am

Maat wrote:
Chocolate Eclair wrote:When you read some of these posts, it makes you think the West Bank is beyond the Law, this being the Case we had may as well have our own police force as well.

I dare to say, from what we know, the core of the issues with the Law of ARE is:

1) the Law has holes; the punishment measures for theft/cheating/misbehavior are null or significant.
2) The court figures take bribes (including the Prosecutor and the Secretary of the Judge, that is enough to spoil a criminal case against criminals).
3) Police can (and is often) bribed to stop a criminal case or to draw a written conclusion that the complaint was false.
Cheating (even if large sums of finance or expensive properties are involved) is not severely punished if at all. (I heard a real story of a businessman from Cairo who after he lost all by way of cheating just shot himself and his children to evade misery and suffering).
The only crime which is severly punished in this country is a grave physical injury.

Can a person who was robbed of all and put out on the street go fight with the abusers? Yes, he or she can, but then the abusers escape. If the person injures himself and points to the abuser still the abusers can bribe the court and the Police (since now they have all the financial means to do so, see the points 10 - 3)) and then the Comedy continues...
Just because someone looses a court case, or it comes to a sudden standstill or they will not entertain looking at it for solid legal reasons, like no evidence, one can not assume that the whole of the court and those connected with law and order are on the take. To know this for certain, without questionable doubt, you would have to have offered such a bribe and had it excepted, or personally seen the fat brown envelope pass from one greasy hand to another, knowing it contained a large wad of cash and not the persons sarnies that they had left on the bus coming to work. Just a thought. I know corruption is still alive and doing a great business here, but not all of those in a position of being bribable take it.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Eurydice
Egypt

Post by Eurydice » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:50 pm

Most of the criminal cases (if they do not belong to the so called "High Crime" which are drugs trade, sexual abuse or physical injury) are finished with "no-punishment" in Egypt, regardless of the nationalities involved or bribes/no bribes involved.

Cheating cases are not gravely punished, really (1 year of imprisonment maximum most often). That's why so many cheating stories, may be?

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:10 pm

And none of these cases are exclusive to the west bank, it happens just as often on the East bank. Also it happens to Egyptians too, I personally know someone who bought land and built on the east bank ( an Egyptian) who other Egyptians tried to blackmail for more money. Why do you think so many homes have a sign to avert the evil eye on them.

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:42 pm

It seems to be a free for all these last few years, I have been told (by a few people and landlords) of a certain forum member (mentioning no names) who keeps poaching clients from us (mainly other forum members) and sorting flats out for them, they make friends with them and make out that they are doing it for a favour (like a friend would do) when really they are doing it just for the commission (and believe me they do take their commission),, who do they turn to when something goes wrong, they are not protected by terms and conditions like they would be through an estate agency, the best is that they rent the property at no lower cost than we have them advertised.

The good news is a lot of landlords are loyal to us and are aware of this person, some have even cancelled bookings they have made

I am letting the past go over my head, next time they will be reported, the authorites seem to be getting a grip now on unauthorised people doing this type of work, the goverment is losing big money in taxes that are due from rentals and sales.