Luxor mafia's hidden source of prosperity

Post details here of scams you have discovered or hassles you have experienced.
10+ posts are required to post in this section.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

Eurydice
Egypt

Luxor mafia's hidden source of prosperity

Post by Eurydice » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:25 pm

Sucking the blood, life and finance of expatriates as a hidden and more viable source of prosperity of hidden Luxor sold by famous tourist and rental companies of the West Bank.

Fully documented story: https://www.facebook.com/WB.Luxor.Fraud, with names and dates. (Posted on 22.11.2013).

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: The sorce of unprecedented development of the Flats in L

Post by Glyphdoctor » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:17 am

I have a question about one of these documents. I know you state the date the agreement was drawn up in your comments and that date is in the actual document itself, but this actual physical piece of paper on which this agreement appears, when was the actual typed part of the paper typed up and printed out?:

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:14 am

Probably one of the most interesting stories I have read on here for a long time.
I also believe every word written by the lady.
In my impetuosity I would acquire a gun and probably end up in prison…..:cool:
Ps: Also to note, that most of the wealth on the WB was originally aquired by stealing artifacts and was regarded as a way of life and the participants were held in high regard, little has changed over the years.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

biosceptic

Post by biosceptic » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:50 am

I am confused :ni: :ni: Is this the same "property theft" that was discussed a few weeks ago or is it a different one?

Jane Akshar

Post by Jane Akshar » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:23 am

What a fantasy world that woman lives in "all the money brought by Jane from Syria from where she escaped after the divorce with her husband" is the big give away. Everyone knows that my husband died and I have never been to Syria in my life.

The rest is of it is the same lies, she got ripped off by her boyfriend, has no paperwork to prove that. Tried taking people to court and the judge threw it out. Her Embassy has told her the same, no paperwork no money back.
Jane Akshar - mad about egyptology -sane otherwise ....... I think

Maat
United Kingdom

Post by Maat » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:27 am

biosceptic wrote:I am confused :ni: :ni: Is this the same "property theft" that was discussed a few weeks ago or is it a different one?
Yes, it is the same story,

Eurydice
Egypt

Re: Luxor mafia's hidden source of prosperity

Post by Eurydice » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:27 pm

[What a fantasy world that woman lives in "all the money brought by Jane from Syria from where she escaped after the divorce with her husband" is the big give away.]
You have to read carefully, the texts says that it was the fantasy of her business partner, not hers. And do not distort information, although we know u are proficient in that!

BTW what her Embassy told her nobody knows, except that the Embassy (as far as I know) was interested in the 1st place to have a residence here. The document on the building to the name of the lady is put on FB, either.

Me guess expats who live off the means provided by scams with the time adopt their best halves's tactics... rather short-sighted ones.

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:51 pm

There was a rambling message on here when I got up this morning that seems to have disappeared and rightly so.People that want to purchase on the West Bank should:-

A) Use a reputable Real Estate Agent
B) Never buy direct from a local no matter even if they may be an ex pat, without getting better knowledge about them. (Google the Name)
C) Use a Lawyer that is on the British Embassy list of recommended Lawyers.
D) Never hand money over without a receipt
E) Never even give a deposit without consulting a recommended Lawyer
F) Get receipts from the Lawyer for any amount of money no matter how small
G) If unsure walk away
H) Never rely on the Courts in Luxor to get your money back.
I) Without any securities from the seller again walk away
J) Until laws change do not purchase on the West Bank at all
K) If there is a cow shed that has Electric and Water to it, and the builder wants to put you a home there, walk away.

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:29 pm

l) Threaten to shoot the seller and your own lawyer with that 'devil's look in thine eye… :cool:
….if it all goes 'tits-up!
even better! 'threaten to shoot everybody not forgetting the estate agent's mother…
A good one is to 'nail a dead cat on their front door, that really put's the shi*** right up them….
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Maat
United Kingdom

Post by Maat » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:47 pm

Glyphdoctor wrote:I have a question about one of these documents. I know you state the date the agreement was drawn up in your comments and that date is in the actual document itself, but this actual physical piece of paper on which this agreement appears, when was the actual typed part of the paper typed up and printed out?:

My lawyer studied the lady's document and spoke to her, the contract assigning her rights to the building was signed on 28/12/2013 and evidently had been typed before signed. And after that the contract was registered in the court. I do not understand the question, though. :)

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:27 pm

I too read the very long one this morning, but now its gone? Was it nuked? Or did it sink in the paddy field that it was constructed on? Whatever the reason to this mystery, its the same old story at bedtime, and one that will be repeated time and time again.

People over here, where money, Egyptians and property are concerned, in respect of those Egyptians that take part in these fishing trips, are the walking bait, easily hooked then sunk into the depths of their own created demise. This is a sad fact of life here. We are all constantly warned that this could happen, to have your wits about you when your wallet/purse is full and learn from other victims story's. Yet it still falls on deaf ears.

With paper work, or not, you have probably said your last goodbys to your hard earned cash. I had all the paperwork at hand, won my case but it still took 4.5 years to sort, and this was involving Europeans. Better to keep what money you have left in a safe place and not make other lawyers wealthy with your misery.

As for the people involved, they will carry on as normal, although not quite as productive as the game is rather short on the ground at the moment in this continual hunting season of fools. Many years ago at the place I used to work, a workmate of ten years asked me to lend him ten quid. I had the money but said no as I didn't trust him as far as I could throw him. Over here total strangers ask you to give them £$1000,000 and you ask when do you want it. Strange world full of strange folk producing even stranger reactions.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Bearded Brian » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Jane Akshar wrote:What a fantasy world that woman lives in "all the money brought by Jane from Syria from where she escaped after the divorce with her husband" is the big give away. Everyone knows that my husband died and I have never been to Syria in my life.

The rest is of it is the same lies, she got ripped off by her boyfriend, has no paperwork to prove that. Tried taking people to court and the judge threw it out. Her Embassy has told her the same, no paperwork no money back.
She didn't say that Jane - she said that Hassan told her - she doesn't say if she believed it or not but was told that if she checked it out she would find that they were lies - so you have picked that bit out (ie out of context) to make her look bad were in fact, in context, it doesn't. I'm not commenting on the rest of her post as I don't know if any of it is true or not.

Eurydice
Egypt

Post by Eurydice » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:53 pm

The long account of events contained all the names of participants, one can read on https://www.facebook.com/WB.Luxor.Fraud, post of today.
There are readable documents and photos, too.

Maat
United Kingdom

Post by Maat » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Bearded Brian wrote:
Jane Akshar wrote:What a fantasy world that woman lives in "all the money brought by Jane from Syria from where she escaped after the divorce with her husband" is the big give away. Everyone knows that my husband died and I have never been to Syria in my life.

She didn't say that Jane - she said that Hassan told her - she doesn't say if she believed it or not but was told that if she checked it out she would find that they were lies - so you have picked that bit out (ie out of context) to make her look bad were in fact, in context, it doesn't. I'm not commenting on the rest of her post as I don't know if any of it is true or not.
The general practice of (Name removed) and Co. practice, they use to put their own words into ur mouth until u give up. I talked once to one of them, funny exercise of wits.
Applicable in PR campaigns and selling something hidden... :lol:

dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:18 pm

I think some of the problem relates to the lawyers and our attitude to them. Here (UK) there are safe guards and insurances in place that even if a mistake is made you have an access for recourse. Where of course they does not appear to be any in Egypt (please correct me if I am wrong). In Egypt they use the same terminology 'Power of Attorney' 'Contract' 'Registration' again all words that here would bind everyone to the transaction. The lawyer has the power to buy and sell on your behalf in the Courts :sd Do we cancel this power once the property has been registered! and if so how?

Remember also this took place in 2009 and was probably on going years before, I listened and took the best precautions to purchase my property, but if it was not for some very kind and helpful ex-pats (and agent) I could be in a court now trying to re-claim the property even though it is registered now in my name. I still wonder how secure the whole thing is :(

So this tale should be told and spread as far on the internet as possible, this forum is an on-going living thing, new people come and go.

ps I bought off a European who then stole most of the furnishings and some furniture after she had money!!!!!
It is what it is.

Maat
United Kingdom

Post by Maat » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:34 pm

dsaxelby wrote:
So this tale should be told and spread as far on the internet as possible, this forum is an on-going living thing, new people come and go.
1. That is what I and some others are doing now. I hoped the Comitty could help to spread the story and ban all the chances for the partners of the ennobled Scam to self-promotion, but Alas!

2. About the Power of Attorney. Once Your deal with the lawyer is finished You go (with a licensed interpreter) to the Shara Karey with Your ID and deliberately make a special transaction there: cancel the lawyers' proxy. And meet him (or better send by post) a special document proving that cancellation took place.

Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:37 pm

Change "West Bank" to "Turkish resort" and it's exactly the same story, bent lawyers, Mafia and all, that we read on the Turkish Forums every week. It's not just Luxor.

Maat
United Kingdom

Post by Maat » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:43 pm

dsaxelby wrote:I think some of the problem relates to the lawyers ....if it was not for some very kind and helpful ex-pats (and agent) I could be in a court now trying to re-claim the property even though it is registered now in my name. I still wonder how secure the whole thing is :(
The state of things is very insecure, any lawyer may betray you here, all of them are indepedent artists putting on a flavour of exclusivity. My Egyptian friends and the police repeat every day: "A lawyer is a clefty with a licence". To save one's life time it is better not to buy anything in ARE, and even rental is not very safe, cause the morals are low. They just do not keep to agreements, be them paper or word. And lawyers prefer here to take fees for the process not for the result. So, one might imagine the effect: they suck ur money and say good buy!

Any deals and any business is based on trust, no trust - no good result. U can not trust here anyone, that is why the country is poor.

Maat
United Kingdom

Post by Maat » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:46 pm

J) Until laws change do not purchase on the West Bank at all.

dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:52 pm

Any committee takes time to establish and work.... at the moment it seems plagued by subtle power games by certain ex pats not on the committee, give it time and then see what it is capable of. At the moment it appears to be trying to promote Luxor and the events going on, perhaps later on it will turn to various issues and give helpful guidelines to visitors/ex-pats etc...

But guaranteed it will not be over night.
It is what it is.