Clefty

Post details here of scams you have discovered or hassles you have experienced.
10+ posts are required to post in this section.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Clefty

Post by Dusak » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:19 am

Ruby Slippers wrote:I wondered about that too, Helsx! It doesn't seem feasible that anyone could sleep (naturally) with lights being switched on and ransacking going on within feet of where they are. Maybe you are right about the spray. :tk
Keefy wrote: I'm wondering if it's anyone you know who has made you a drink, or have you been somewhere where you have had a drink, then maybe followed, have the other people who's flats have been burgled had a drink in the same place (is there any connections) it's only a thought though. I have done a search to see if there is any kind of spray that could do such a thing,but I can't find anything.
Its very easy to sleep deeply and undisturbed while some one is helping themselves to your belongings Ruby Slippers as my former wife had no trouble emptying my wallet as I slept soundly.

As for the drink, as I've said before, the Stella on the WB contains no alcohol and this fact has interested many that observe the drinkers of this brew falling over at regular intervals, it seems obvious now as they have been supping a local 'Micky Finn' to give ease of access to the properties.

Helsx

Post by Helsx » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:43 pm

5 people have now been caught, from Gezira, Tod and Ramla. Just have to wait for the fingerprint confirmations and then.....nailed.
Love Your Life and Live your dreams

chiddy

Post by chiddy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:19 pm

excellent news
hope some things can be returned to owners
There is no such thing as strangers just friends yet to meet.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:04 pm

And some more good news is that it looks like the scumbag that has been hiding under the beds in an around my friends village was caught last night hiding on top of a wardrobe. He had a knife but this was 'gently' taken from him by the family members and he was handed over to the police. Apparently he had only just been released from prison after seven years.

Helsx

Post by Helsx » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:49 pm

Jesus..................

Helsx

Post by Helsx » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:52 pm

We love and stay in a Country, that clearly knows, right from wrong.

dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:22 pm

To be honest all these thefts and lynching's has made me question my purchasing a holiday home in Luxor, I rationalise this with how we live here in the UK, but I hear also that many ex-pats properties are ransacked when they are empty, apparently there is home insurance available ? but people do not trust it! Is this warranted?
It is what it is.

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:12 pm

dsaxelby wrote:I hear also that many ex-pats properties are ransacked when they are empty
Where have you heard this? have you any more details on this?

Ive lived here over 10 years and ive never heard anything like this.

dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:47 pm

Exactly can't remember but there are references on here (not perhaps Ransacked) also on the facebook group. Word of mouth. Do you know of an Insurance company that issues policies for holiday homes/letttings in Luxor?
It is what it is.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:15 am

The HSBC were offering household insurance but don't know if its for customers only but the policy has tight clauses concerning what they would consider to be 'acts of civil unrest or terrorist activities'. Unfortunately I know of three of my friends that have had their homes broken into while on holiday over the last three years while out of the country but non that have been a result of long term abandonment although I know of two that have been taken over by Egyptians when the owners had to leave them unoccupied for very long periods of time. Even though my two places are for sale I couldn't, in all honesty, recommend anyone buying here in this present time. The bank of Cairo continues to control our money in and out of the country, home invasion is on the increase and personal security is increasingly becoming a day by day concern. I still intend to own property here, for ever, if its possible, but I think it better to err on the side of caution and rent someplace nice until we begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:16 pm

but I think it better to err on the side of caution and rent someplace nice until we begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Sound advice D :) . Will be viewing only this trip, renting possible candidates in May. Then would expect to rent the lucky winner for 4 weeks over the summer, giving the other requirements needed would suspect will not be ready to move forward until latter part of the year, if at all. Also noticed a drastic decline in prices, rather hopeful this will continue :br

PM me the ones your selling 8)
It is what it is.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:29 pm

All the details dsaxelby are on this sites property section under places of sale EB Karnak. Plenty photos and information. I will give you the reference numbers. (unless Keefy says I'm not allowed to)

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:31 pm

EBOO99S and EBOIOOS These are your codes dsaxelby

dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:19 pm

Found them :D

Due to my numerous still attached off spring :( I really need a minimum of 2 bedrooms, for security for my youngest would be looking for a private roof terrace, rather than a pool. (plus it would just encourage me to have noisy drunken pool parties) probably not acceptable in a muslim country. :o Thank you anyway D my search goes on.
It is what it is.

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:56 am

dsaxelby wrote:Exactly can't remember but there are references on here (not perhaps Ransacked) also on the facebook group. Word of mouth. Do you know of an Insurance company that issues policies for holiday homes/letttings in Luxor?
The group your a facebook member of belongs to my ex partner dsaxelby where I'm told I keep getting accused of cutting her telephone wires and breaking her plants post, or something like that, even though I dont have a clue where she lives, and to be perfectly honest I dont want to know.

EDIT: I'm sorry I have got a little bit of the above wrong so ive been informed, I dont cut her telephone wires or break her pots I send boys to her place to do it. :roll: When you have lived here for many years you learn to ignore the gossip and lies that are made up about you. 8)

BTW our facebook group is:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/luxor4u

dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:47 am

Sorry Keefy if my post implied some gossip about you personally that was not my intention at all. I asked who was cutting her wires purely on a personal self preservation mode (what if it was me and the locals wanted me to leave). The reply was local youths and I never associated this with you or a dig at you in any way. I think if you read the thread from a neebie perspective it appears all above board. (Sly digs would have gone over most peoples heads).

I would want to know about people hiding under beds so I posted on the site ( no names or personal information was included). (ps my friend Liz was an alias).

I mentioned before after reading a persons posts you can get a feel for them, sense of humour, frustrations many things and anyway (if you only knew what my 3 ex-partners say about me :D ) (they actually make me sound interesting and alive, if I could only have done 10th of what I am accused of :lol: I would like me).
It is what it is.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:05 am

Unfortunately the bloke that hibernates under the beds was not the one they caught on top of the wardrobe so that clefty is still at large. PS I was certain that I posted on here this morning but it seems to have disappeared into a fine mist. :tk

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:14 pm

Human's are in the deepest state of sleep between the Hours of 3am and 4am. It's due to the fact that the brain produces DMT during those hours.
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:57 pm

Ummmhhhh Ramla, that's where the crime took place, I have heard of many things happening in Ramla from muggings to burglaries, seems to be getting worse and seeing as it is the Tourist Hotspot, ;) ;) on the WB you would expect those involved in criminal activities to hide out there for ill gained ventures.

Hope you get everything back and the offenders get put away or their hands chopped off. These crimes are getting common and the only way to stop it is by punishing the offenders harshly. Bringing their families into disrepute is not enough.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:12 pm

DJKeefy wrote:
dsaxelby wrote:I hear also that many ex-pats properties are ransacked when they are empty
Where have you heard this? have you any more details on this?

Ive lived here over 10 years and ive never heard anything like this.

You should get out more often Keefy,...........I was informed of three such incidents in just one place,....Luxor Experience, and many others, though they were mainly on the WB. :wi .