Clefty

Post details here of scams you have discovered or hassles you have experienced.
10+ posts are required to post in this section.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Helsx

Clefty

Post by Helsx » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:37 am

I have had my camera stolen from me. Please, if anyone in Luxor, is offered a Sony HX200V, including bag and a spare battery (No charger, he didn't get that) Could you call me 01069834597.

Here is a link so you can see the camera model.

http://store.sony.com/p/Sony-Cybershot- ... SCHX200V/B

Many, many thanks.

Love Your Life and Live your dreams

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Clefty

Post by Chocolate Eclair » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:12 am

I am sorry you have been a victim of an ever growing crime in Luxor, was it stolen from you in the street (Mugging) or from a Hotel room.

These things are valuable to locals who can re-sell for money. I have even heard of these types of property been stolen from hotel rooms.

You can bet your bottom dollar though the clefties will try and sell it in the tourist market and not to themselves.

Have you got the serial number of the Camera? if you have can you issue it to the forum.

LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member

Post by LivinginLuxor » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:31 am

She was in bed at the time in her flat, all outside doors locked, windows closed. When she woke, all the lights were on, stuff turned over, even in her bedroom. She heard the door slam, so the ******* that invaded her home was still in the flat at that time. It's most likely that the camera would be offered to an expat or tourist, so I'm going to mention it to all the people I know here in Ramla, and hope that other people reading this will do the same. She is now on her way to the police station to report it, but has little hope of anything being returned.
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:15 am

Its not just the fact that a personal item was stolen, and I know Helsx lived for here photo's, its the fact that they got in while everything was locked, the end results could of been a lot worse for her. I'm very sorry that this had to happen to such a nice person.

Now some may think this sounds a bit over the top but its a point worth mentioning. Over the last few days my Egyptian friend has been telling me that there has been a very sharp increase in this type of crime, but only in relation to Egyptian homes. This is how they commit the crime without being seen. They are watching the homes of people that they think may have money in the house, in regards to her's and surrounding villages, ones that have males working in jobs abroad to earn better money. They then take the chance of not being seen to enter the house, usually day time as windows and doors are always open. If they are successful they hide under the bed and wait for the early hours to come out and search the place in relative comfort as most people by then are in a deep sleep. My friend tells me that the police where baffled as to how these people got in when the home owners where adamant that the place was well locked up at night, then empty water bottles were discovered under the bed, some containing urine. So, if you think that you could be at risk, check under the bed before going to sleep.

Goddess
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Goddess » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:47 am

Don't want to sound placating. But Thank God you're ok. How truly awful.

Helsx

Post by Helsx » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:32 pm

The Police have been and continue to be fantastic.
2 houses were burgled and a third was attempted, but they woke them up. They have carried out a full investigation and survey of the area and we are waiting for the fingerprint man to come. I have been lucky, my neighbour had so much taken. Both burglaries were identical, even down to all the lights being on and moving things around. I feel he felt very comfortable in what he was doing. But to not wake up and know he was right next to me taking things from the bedside table..horrid.
All houses are secure and we have street security as well as dogs....He was as quiet as a mouse, once inside.

Other items taken as well as the camera are:

1 Toshiba laptop and charger
1Medion laptop, in black carry case with charger etc
1 panasonic compact camera
2 black small, external hardrives
1 Panasonic Mobile
1 yaqumo mobile
1 LG External CD Drive
But as we all say, we are all ok...most important, but if anyone offers these for sale, please call me...shokran

chiddy

Post by chiddy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:09 pm

you being safe is the priority
things can be akward but can be replaced albeit there is a cost involved
There is no such thing as strangers just friends yet to meet.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:53 pm

It a horrible thing to be robbed even worse when you are at home when it happens but you are safe, thank goodness. Take care.

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:24 pm

Hope this invasion does not leave long lasting feelings of being violated but I'm also aware that sometimes it is hard to get past the intrusion and crime against you. Please be strong.

These type of personal crimes are hard to cope with - not only do you have the actual loss of your things you have had your own personal space gone through by a less than desireable. The scum of the earth who prey on others.

I hope the police catch this person(s) quickly and I hope justice comes equally fast too.

Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:24 am

Glad to hear you are okay, H. I cannot imagine what a shock it must have been. Thanks for that info Dusak, it's an important point! It would be impossible under any of our beds, but has me thinking where else someone would be able to hide for a long time.
Carpe diem! :le:

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:29 am

Criminals come in many forms and often hide in plain sight. They are opportunistic, prey on the vulnerable, show no remorse and care nothing for how their actions affect those they steal from. Material items are easy to replace aside from the actual financial cost. What is harder to restore is the personal violation that comes when one is victimized.

Situational awareness is necessary. Take note of anybody who suddenly seems to have an interest in you who never showed this interest before or suddenly starts hanging about. Try not to keep a completely regular habitual pattern. Protect yourself, use alarms, do whatever it takes to make it as hard and difficult and hopefully impossible for anyone to breech your safety.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:37 am

LovelyLadyLux wrote:
Situational awareness is necessary. Take note of anybody who suddenly seems to have an interest in you who never showed this interest before or suddenly starts hanging about. Try not to keep a completely regular habitual pattern. Protect yourself, use alarms, do whatever it takes to make it as hard and difficult and hopefully impossible for anyone to breech your safety.
And ever so quietly the beauty and freedom of life that we are entitled to enjoy is slowly eroded.

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:17 am

@ Dusak - completely agree. I've often felt that criminals have more "rights" than those they victimize and those of us who live decent regular lives have to do more and more and more to protect ourselves from THEM, the criminals. They are slowly eroding our lives our freedoms.

Helsx

Post by Helsx » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:32 pm

Another 3 apartments have been hit, so please everyone on the West Bank take care. It was at the same time 4/4.30am.

The people here are both sad and angry and feel very ashamed of the minority that create a bad reputation for the majority. Because on the whole, the people here are wonderful.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:38 pm

I always assumed that the local Egyptian victim's where chosen as they where regarded as soft targets, easy pray, but apparently not. Perhaps its because they know there are going to be rich pickings at these homes so worth taking the chance. The unfortunate part of it all is that it would be highly unlikely that anyone offered the ill gotten gains would report it to the police as good quality brand named goods are highly sort after. I really do think that we should be given the right to bear arms in the protection of our homes.

Helsx

Post by Helsx » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:29 pm

Easy pickings, light goods, easy to take and sell for a good price. PLUS, we do not have guns. They know that all (Or most) Egyptians have guns in their homes now.....

The same people did this, as lights were all on and no one heard anything? How can people not hear someone in their room, opening wardrobe doors and walking around them?? I, and another believe they have sprayed something to make us all sleep.

Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Post by Ruby Slippers » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:35 pm

I wondered about that too, Helsx! It doesn't seem feasible that anyone could sleep (naturally) with lights being switched on and ransacking going on within feet of where they are. Maybe you are right about the spray. :tk

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:35 pm

Helsx wrote:I, and another believe they have sprayed something to make us all sleep.
Hmmmm Interesting :o

Twenty plus years ago I was staying with a friend who had to work away now and again, one night I was a sleep on the settee when I was woken up by a lad and a girl (around 20yrs of age) I was startled by them been in the flat, the said they had come to help me, the glass at the bottom of the door had been removed and they had seen some lads climbing so they come to check it out and found me asleep. Nothing had been taken, the lad and the girl was assuring me that everything was ok (I was in a bit of a shock by it all) the lad said have a cup of tea and calm down, he went into the kitchen part (it was an open kitchen) and made me a cup of tea, he then left, but said he would come back later to check if I was ok. I woke up the next morning (I was laid fully clothed on top of the bed), everything in the house from settee, to the fridge had gone, the house was virtualy empty. I rang my friend and told him we had been burgled (I still could not figure out how) he told me to ring the police which I did, they come and took at statement, the next day they come and arrested me :x I went through all the story of what had happened the night before with them, a few hours later they let me out and apologised, they had caught the lad and girl and they admitted to drugging my tea and the burglary.

I'm wondering if it's anyone you know who has made you a drink, or have you been somewhere where you have had a drink, then maybe followed, have the other people who's flats have been burgled had a drink in the same place (is there any connections) it's only a thought though. I have done a search to see if there is any kind of spray that could do such a thing,but I can't find anything.

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:22 am

I don't know about sprays but I'd lay odds about drinking or eating something and then falling into a deep sleep. That is too much activity going on for people to just sleep through it.

Ketamine can be boiled and inhaled via evaporation.........

Helsx

Post by Helsx » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:32 am

Sprays (I don't know what they contain) are used here for lions etc in 'Zoos' It keeps the animal quiet in order to allow people to take their photographs with them. It was mentioned about tea being drugged, but we had not been out that evening, plus all 3 people from the houses, move in different circles and have very different lifestyles.