Kheir Zaman

Post details here of scams you have discovered or hassles you have experienced.
10+ posts are required to post in this section.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by FABlux »

That's the one we used to get Keefy but the 40 mince is very much better, both the texture and flavour is more like the minced steak we used to get from our local UK butcher :D

40 also do beautiful veal slices/steaks.

I had a reply back from KZ in response to my complaint

Thank you for your care to send some of the negatives in Luxor Store.

For your information

Was make sure to remove all pre-packaged cheese temporarily sufficiency of cheese in the refrigerator only

Also been informed of maintenance management to make sure about the temperature inside the store

Thank you again and do not hesitate to send your notes, we are always at your service

I haven't checked it out yet to see whether they are actually keeping the cheese chilled but would be interested to find out if anybody else has?

warda

Post by warda »

FABlux, did you make the complaint using the page Glyphdoctor posted this thread?

We have an excellent shop quite close to us selling all kinds of meat (frozen stuff) and the man who runs it does mince the meat when you actually buy your meat. Nothing is pre minced which is much better. I can see what kind of meat he is using. Unfortunately it was closed on Sunday when I needed to buy meat last time.

Also I did buy cheddar from KZ and they tried to give me piece full of mould. I made them to open a new block but they still put the old and mouldy on to the counter for sale.

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

jewel wrote:Better still.....eat veggie! ;) :D

There is always quorn mince if you do feel the need for a meat substitute
I wish Quorn products, soya and tofu were available in Luxor. :)
Smile! It confuses people

FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by FABlux »

Warda no I did it the hard way, found them on Google & then navigated to the comments page, should have used GD's link :oops:

I'm sure we commented on seeing Quorn in a freezer haer MD, it may have been 40's, I'll have a look tomorrow :)

Angela
Egypt

Post by Angela »

Warda - Your description of the mince with plastic and flies has put me off buying mince in Luxor ever again. :sick

Much more talk of this and I may just have to decide to go veggie:)

I am starting to frequent KZ less and less lately. It is either Forty or Omars which I think has improved alot.

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

The ONLY ground beef I will buy is from Ahram Markets. I forget what their market is called in Luxor but I know there is at least one there. It comes frozen in 400g packages. I have literally probably bought 100s of the packages and I have never had a single problem. It is excellent tasting and very low in fat and absolutely no gristle.

BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer

Post by BBLUX »

Perhaps you could let us know the name and location next time you are down in Luxor Glyph. Always useful to have another good source.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

SharonAnn

Kheir zaman

Post by SharonAnn »

I would like it also, Glyphdoctor. Scott and I used to buy pieces of beef and Scott would make our own hamburg but I'm not going to bother if there is good quality one available already ground.
Best,
Sharon

warda

Post by warda »

Angela wrote:Warda - Your description of the mince with plastic and flies has put me off buying mince in Luxor ever again. :sick

Much more talk of this and I may just have to decide to go veggie:)

I am starting to frequent KZ less and less lately. It is either Forty or Omars which I think has improved alot.
Sorry Angela :oops:

I was a veggie before moving to live in Egypt. Then I found it very difficult explaining to people why I do not want to eat meat. I think it would be much more easier now when the quality of the meat is so poor. At least it's not only ethical reasons which are to some people so hard to understand.

:)

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

I recall seeing it in the street that runs north along the west side of the train tracks from the station and then veers to the left toward Karnak Temple Street. It was on the right side shortly after the turn if I recall correctly. I think it is called Al Masreya there but the beef package may say "New Market" on it because that is their new name here in Cairo since last year. They call them Alex Market in Alexandria I think.