Dermatologist

Post details here of scams you have discovered or hassles you have experienced.
10+ posts are required to post in this section.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

crazycat

Post by crazycat » Thu May 27, 2010 12:36 pm

you obviously live in an area with adequate facilities and small waiting lists, but believe me its a very different picture in other areas of the country. Patients are passed from list to list to fix the figures, you wouldn't believe some of the things they do to balance the figures. Its all about politics. Sat in the theatre coffee room listening to the surgeons discussing their figures is quite an eye opener. I'm glad things went quickly for you but for many thats not the case. The NHS is in trouble!

when she was good she was very very good but when she was bad she was better :snig:

Scott

Post by Scott » Thu May 27, 2010 1:35 pm

Hi, Fran!!!

Can't send PM's on Blue side! Keefy knows!

I currently use topical cortisone. Let me know if you think your idea is better. You can PM me Ok at Red or Green side.

BTW, I would prefer Cumberland Sausage!!!!!! A BIG LOL!!!!!!

Best!
Me
We make a living by what we get;
we make a life by what we give.

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor » Thu May 27, 2010 5:35 pm

The last doctor I saw here I had seen before and had given me good care.

This time he was prescribing some drugs. As he wrote the first one, I asked him if it was one of two categories of antibiotics to which I have an allergy. He said it wasn't.

I couldn't read what he wrote exactly so when I got home I looked it up in the drug guide. I didn't find anything in that dosage under the drug with a similar name so my husband called him and asked what it was. He told him and it was something else with a slightly different name, but again, he still had spelled its name wrong.

So I looked this drug up in the guide and found out it was one of the antibiotics that I am allergic to and I had told him I was allergic to as he wrote the prescription. In fact, the last time I took this class of antibiotics many years ago I was told to never take it again as next time it could kill me!

Needless to say, that doctor won't be seeing me again AND my husband has removed him from his list of doctors that he recommends to others.

So yes I can understand your frustration with sub-par care but thank God you have the training to recognize it when you see it because it is probably more common (and not only in Egypt) than most people would realize and it can mean the difference between life and death.

Scott

Post by Scott » Thu May 27, 2010 5:52 pm

See, GD, we CAN agree!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Thank God you got the antibiotic straight!

And you are so right, there are 'challenges' everywhere!

Best,
Scott
We make a living by what we get;
we make a life by what we give.