Bleedin Forigners....

Post details here of scams you have discovered or hassles you have experienced.
10+ posts are required to post in this section.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Bleedin Forigners....

Post by Who2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:31 pm

Saw this and thought of MT..
https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/13/holiday- ... ito=social
That's what happens when you go abroad full of 'bleedin-foriners and garlic...lol.... 8)

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Re: Bleedin Forigners....

Post by HEPZIBAH » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:41 pm

I thought it was April 1st when I saw the news clip on the computer earlier.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:20 pm

It reminds me of the incessant complaints I read on Egyptian social media (those sites for tourists) about the Egyptians clogging up the hotels in Hurghada.

Tips on which to avoid (for same reason)

Etc. Etc.

Mind you, at Eid they have a point. Kids behaving like wild animals while parents look on unconcerned. :vs

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:25 am

Got to admit I have never been to Mainland Spain, don't know why, but it has never really appealed to me. My cousin used to drive from Lincoln every year to Spain and loved it though. Regarding natives etc I since living here have found the natives very accommodating. But on saying that, the Gorf residents were too..

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:27 am

Really!!!! I thought they were a most annoying lot, burning sugar in the fields, tryimng to break into your home, playing football against your wall, those incessant noisy weddings I could go on.

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:45 am

To be honest, our fist Spanish holiday back in 2004 was a nightmare as the hotel we were booked in targeted Spanish people.
No aircon in the room as it was too early in the season to put it on, all the staff only spoke Spanish and the food was crap, and nothing English on the menu at all. the food was utter shyte and everything on the breakfast menu was cold.
it was basically full of chubby old Spanish wimmin, mainly still in coats and dolled up to the eybrows with grotesque makeup and hair that must have had 3 cans of hairspray to keep it in place.

Now, dont forget this is 40 years after the Brits started invading the Spanish shores in search of Del Sol.. This was it turned out the first year that the tour company had offered this hotel in Benidorm
and clearly whoever scouted it out for the tour company had not done their job properly .. It was removed the next year.
Now I am all for diving into local culture and consider myself a traveller rather than a tourist, but when it comes to wanting a week in Benidorm with a UK company and I want to be a bleeding tourist, lazing on the beach in a kiss me quick hat, tanked up on cheap lager
and going back to the hotel for a decent evening meal and full English in the morning then that s what I expect... 8)

Old Spanish people are dead rude as well.. :ct

The old part of Benidorm was nice and the people much better... Calpe and Altea were just amazing..

Of course, I am older an wizer now, so wouldn't go to Benidorm again anyway, except to maybe take the grand children for a week perhaps..

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:04 am

People of Gorf I said was accommodating. Accommodating and annoying are two different things, when they annoyed you could tell them and why. In the same way they used to tell us. Mind you they must have done well from the skips when we left. Our neighbour even showed my wife how she had sawed off the heels from a pair of Patton Shoes to make them flat, she had found in the skip. Lovely!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: