Bombay's new restauarnt

Recommend to members and guests the best places in Egypt to visit, stay, eat , drink or shop for souvenirs and necessities.
10+ posts are required to post in this section.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Bombay's new restauarnt

Post by newcastle » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:16 am

Congratulations on the imminent opening of your new restaurant and all best wishes for its success!

The Chinese characters check out too.(You can never be too careful :lol: )

I suppose "Thai Me to a Lampost" was rejected. ;)

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: Bombay's new restauarnt

Post by carrie » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:42 pm

Where is it?

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:40 pm

newcastle wrote: I suppose "Thai Me to a Lampost" was rejected. ;)
Wok you like :lol:

newcastle
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:44 pm

carrie wrote:Where is it?
Same as the previous Hard Wok. El Rawda El Sharifa Street......Junction of St. Joseph | El-Mahdi and El-Madina Streets.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Hardwokcafeluxor/about/

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:28 pm

newcastle wrote:
carrie wrote:Where is it?
Same as the previous Hard Wok. El Rawda El Sharifa Street......Junction of St. Joseph | El-Mahdi and El-Madina Streets.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Hardwokcafeluxor/about/
No its a new restaurant in the same street as the Lantern et al

Thanks I will post updates asap

could not get FOO KUNG CHINESE to translate :br :eat :wi

newcastle
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:13 am

Sorry Bombay....I need to get to Specsavers (or get a better map). Presumably the old Hard Wok is long gone.

I think the name of the street (EL Rawda El Sherifa) was right, although referring to The Lantern et al is probably more helpful :lol:

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:53 am

newcastle wrote:Sorry Bombay....I need to get to Specsavers (or get a better map). Presumably the old Hard Wok is long gone.

I think the name of the street (EL Rawda El Sherifa) was right, although referring to The Lantern et al is probably more helpful :lol:
The Fortune cookie is long closed but funny enough I will be going to the police and court official tomorrow am to re take the building from the owner as I won my appeal at the courts of cessation in Cairo!

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:40 am

It can only open when his bespoke wooden place mats and coasters are ready. ;)
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:48 pm

Sounds like you've got the contract D. :lol: I bought some slatted place mats from Ace a while ago did you make them because I need another two.

newcastle
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:39 pm

carrie wrote:Sounds like you've got the contract D. :lol: I bought some slatted place mats from Ace a while ago did you make them because I need another two.
He may be able to spare a few of the 2 million chopsticks Bombay has ordered.

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:31 pm

Iv'e been to little villages in Israel and they have chinese cooking in Chinese takeaways, every country in the world has Chinese cooks cooking Chinese food all except for Egypt, 'strange but true!...... 8)
Ps: I once met a real Chinese chef in the Hilton taking orders off a load of Chinese businessmen.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:53 am

I would like to state publicly that I'm making them for ACE, free of charge with me donating the cost of the materials cos its a charity that I support. Bombay will then pay the ACE charity shop their mark up price. carrie, I may just have enough materials left to make you a couple when I've finished these. Place mats or coasters? Again not a penny will cross palms for this service, its free, and always has been and will continue to be so, although I'm now officially retied from doing such things, too much work needs doing for myself now.

Bombay, if you are contemplating re-opening the original Chinese restaurant, then you must be a stir fry short of a plate. Walk away, this place now, with the heavy police presence and manned road barrier outside the entrance door is about the most unwelcoming sight a diner would want to see. Cut your losses before you make even more, its time to let go.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:26 pm

Place mats please Dusak and if you do manage to make them will you ask the girls in Ace shop to put them to one side for me. I am more than happy to pay Ace and I never thought that you were charging them for your services.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:35 pm

unfortunately it seems I cannot use them so I will be buying them and possibly leaving them at Ace to sell I am waiting to see.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:37 pm

Dusak wrote:I would like to state publicly that I'm making them for ACE, free of charge with me donating the cost of the materials cos its a charity that I support. Bombay will then pay the ACE charity shop their mark up price. carrie, I may just have enough materials left to make you a couple when I've finished these. Place mats or coasters? Again not a penny will cross palms for this service, its free, and always has been and will continue to be so, although I'm now officially retied from doing such things, too much work needs doing for myself now.

Bombay, if you are contemplating re-opening the original Chinese restaurant, then you must be a stir fry short of a plate. Walk away, this place now, with the heavy police presence and manned road barrier outside the entrance door is about the most unwelcoming sight a diner would want to see. Cut your losses before you make even more, its time to let go.
There is a court process that needs to be completed and everything you have said is part of that process.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:58 pm

Dusak wrote: Bombay, if you are contemplating re-opening the original Chinese restaurant, then you must be a stir fry short of a plate. Walk away, this place now, with the heavy police presence and manned road barrier outside the entrance door is about the most unwelcoming sight a diner would want to see. Cut your losses before you make even more, its time to let go.
In my oppinion Dusak is totally correct here with his warning. It will take more than a scrubbing brush and a bucket of Jeyes Fluid, to clean up that place, since Bombay let go of it, without even mentioning its reputation on the street, or the fact that Dusak is giving quite a different reason here.

There was a very similar place to this on the left hand side of Television Street going South, that had a similar reputation that became a brothel run, believe it or not, by two English women, and no I do not mean The Golden Palace, which was also known by European travellers by a similar name, but that was quite a few years down the line. As Luxor became more 'respectable' shall say, even The Golden Palace was ordered to change its reputation, or else. :wi .

Before the so called Revolution area a nice area for tourist, now all it has become noted for is demonstration of various kinds against the authorities, and for certainly an excellent place for target practice by terrorists

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:01 am

Bombay wrote:unfortunately it seems I cannot use them so I will be buying them and possibly leaving them at Ace to sell I am waiting to see.

:x You want *******, up till now I have spent over fifty hours on them in near 50% heat. :cry: I will stop until you know.

garfield4

Post by garfield4 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:16 pm

How can you possibly quote in "places recommended" if you have never been? Bombay has in the past ruined the lives of several investors with no remorse. He and his dodgy lawyer have "stolen" these premises from my friend and I. I hope it fails into insignificance.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:41 pm

garfield4 wrote:How can you possibly quote in "places recommended" if you have never been? Bombay has in the past ruined the lives of several investors with no remorse. He and his dodgy lawyer have "stolen" these premises from my friend and I. I hope it fails into insignificance.

What ******** your friend was beyond help she thought she knew what she was doing she invested her money with an Egyptian then came to me for help when it all went tits up then thought I wanted to take the place from her when I offered that help. Her and the Egyptian were evicted for failing to pay the rent.
I leased a vacant property and invested heavily in that property so good steal on my part.

I have not ruined anyone's life if anyone's life has been ruined it's been done at their own hand certainly not mine.

Most of them after taking stupid advice in Pub 2000

If I see or hear anymore of thisl slander I will take appropriate legal action.{edited after taking legal advice.}

garfield4

Post by garfield4 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:11 pm

thankyou for your honesty