(new) Africa Restaurant

Recommend to members and guests the best places in Egypt to visit, stay, eat , drink or shop for souvenirs and necessities.
10+ posts are required to post in this section.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: (new) Africa Restaurant

Post by BENNU »

Chocolate Eclair wrote: Come on all you Scrooges out there get into the spirit of the time of year, release the moths from your wallets, and have a good time.
x:roll: It is a hundred and fifty gineh. If only I could cook Christmas dinner for as little as that per person. x:roll:

LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member

Post by LivinginLuxor »

As a self-confessed member of the "Bah Humbug" campaign, I just don't see the fascination in the so-called festivities advertised. Last year, for instance, it was far more fun (and cheaper!) to go down the Nile to Jorfe on a felucca, have a totally Egyptian meal with a few good friends, most of whom were happy to forgo the 'traditional'. As Choc says, it's only one day in a year, so why consider it to be different?
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Why not consider it different? It is a day to set aside to celebrate family, hear the stories of what has been transpiring in their lives, a time to fill the belly with delicious foods that nurture the family, bring back memories of special days past, warm the soul and set the tone for a relaxing time of comfort and happiness. If your family celebrates a common belief system this is a time of sharing in the aspect too. It is a time of anticipation for children, a time to enjoy their spontaneous smiles and bursts of happiness and feel their snuggles and cuddles when the family and friends come together.

Whether you do this on Christmas or not every living person deserves a special day to celebrate themselves, their family, their beliefs and for all those who do this during the Christmas season - then Merry Christmas to you all.

Christmas is a pretty voluntary thing. Nobody forces anybody to participate but if you do then I'd encourage you to ignore the bah humbugs and take this time as your special time of celebration.

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare »

Brian Yare wrote:I recommend this enterprise, although with some reservations.

On the negative side:
1) about 48 steps up to the roof, but with a good handrail and at least the steps were even.
2) only a fixed menu (main dish plus the usual accompaniments) is offered.
3) lighting is not adequate in the evening - I like to be able to see my food.
4) wall and barrier around the roof terrace is positively dangerous for any 2-5yo children. H&S would have a field day.

I understand that they are only renting the new building, but my comments were taken on board.

On the positive side the view and the food were excellent! Let us see when they have a few more tourists! Give them a chance.
I visited again today. The food served was of excellent quality - again a fixed menu with a choice of about 6 main dishes. LE65 per person.

I did not notice my previous H&S issues, but was not actively looking out for them. If they were still a problem I think that I would have noticed!

I was just agreeing with management that the lighting was greatly improved when the power was cut for about an hour. As several other parts of WB and EB experienced apparently staggered power cuts during the evening I assume that this was a deliberate action by some authority. Management quickly provided an old fashioned candle, and an empty wine bottle kept the wind off it.

Empty, you ask? Well, they only had a half bottle of red in the first place and split between 3 it did not take long to empty that bottle.

Overall the place appeared much improved since last month, and I wish them well. The plans for the Christmas Eve dinner appear to be well advanced. The live music will apparently not use amplification, so it is down to the "DJ", Stan, to ensure that conversation is not swamped out by too much "ding dong merrily on high", etc.

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

:ks :bl: :song: :eat :gg: :wi :song: :bl: :ksd

:up Christmas at Africa was such a success that the guests encouraged them to arrange a New Year Party as well with good food and entertainment.

With the view of Luxor skyline behind The Nile, I cannot think of a better place to celebrate New Year!

:py :d1: :py :d1: :py :d1: :py

They have covered one wall for shelter in the winter time while still offering the incredible view from the spacious and cosy roof terrasse.

There is a quiet and private atmosphere though the location is central. I really like this place and suggest that you all book for

New Year at Africa Restaurant.

:wave: :wave: :wave:

hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

Hotel Sheherazade has also got a fabulous New Years Eve party organised. Famous singer from Aswan - Rabiah El Baraka , but topping the bill is our very own Sarannah doing a one night "Exclusive" with her Angel Wings Dance - once seen never forgotten. Special Package of Dinner, Party and Room for the night of 150LE per person.

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist »

hatusu wrote:Hotel Sheherazade has also got a fabulous New Years Eve party organised. Famous singer from Aswan - Rabiah El Baraka , but topping the bill is our very own Sarannah doing a one night "Exclusive" with her Angel Wings Dance - once seen never forgotten. Special Package of Dinner, Party and Room for the night of 150LE per person.
Good luck with it Hatusu.Sounds an absolute bargain!
And all for approx £15.
Similar package here in Scotland on Hogmanay (with hotel room included) would be in minimum region of £95!!That's MINIMUM.
Hope it's well attended.Nice to see as well that it has "Egyptian"feel to it.