Computer supplies

Recommend to members and guests the best places in Egypt to visit, stay, eat , drink or shop for souvenirs and necessities.
10+ posts are required to post in this section.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

AliAbdulUK

Computer supplies

Post by AliAbdulUK »

I wanted to put this topic under 'RECOMMENDATIONS' but because I have not posted 10 previous items I am blocked from placing it on that page.

However, what I wanted to say is, there is a new shop on Medina Street called 'OFFICE' it has an extensive range of computer supplies and is well worth a visit if you need any supplies or even just to have browse. I went in for a browse and then finished buying stuff!

If the moderator wants to transfer this to the 'Recommendations' page that is OK.

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: computer supplies

Post by DJKeefy »

I agree with you AliAbdulUK great shop, great range of products, good prices (which are marked). I love the place :)

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Re: Computer supplies

Post by Bombay »

Going to look tomorrow, do they have some quality items such as a decent mouse and keyboards etc.

KJB
Egypt

Post by KJB »

This is an extension of the small Office shop in the street around the corner of Valentino's. They have made the original shop into a repair/service reception area. I have used the original shop for round 7 or 8 years, after I was introduced to the owners/employees by someone I worked with at the time. I always found them to be very helpful and straightforward, even changing items without any problem - major difference to many other shops I've bought from in Luxor!

Yesterday, I went to the new retail shop in Medina and it's just great! (I looked in the window last week but it wasn't open at the time and I've been looking forward to getting inside ever since!!) They have lots of choice, including some very nice laptop bags/sleeves and I bought several items and I'm planning to go back again to spend another happy hour choosing some more. As before, good prices, all marked (it's the last digit(s) after the '0' underneath the bar code) and the young men are very helpful, without being pushy or impolite.

Now on my 'favourites' list for shopping in Luxor. :)

BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer

Post by BBLUX »

We went into the shop this afternoon for a look around. Came out after about half an hour having talked with a member of staff who seems very "on the ball". Excellent range of products, pretty much all you could wish for in domestic computing requirements.
Spent about Le600 on bits and pieces that I thought were unavailable in Luxor. Good luck to the owners and they will certainly see me in there again.

Go and look for yourselves, we need to encourage this sort of business enterprise in Luxor.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Remus
Egypt

Post by Remus »

I'm hopeless at finding places in Luxor. Could one
of you tell me exactly where in Medina this shop is please?

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Just along from Omars supermarket.

BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by BBLUX »

The windows generally have blinds down but there is a large red OFFICE sign over the door. Just go in and prepare to be surprised.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Although its good to see a well liked computer shop in Luxor, not every one needs computer stuff, me included. A good book shop with the latest titles I think, would be better if not as well as.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by BBLUX »

Aboudi's down past the Passport office is about as good as you will get in Luxor. I think the tax/duty on imported books makes them less viable.

Get yourself a Kindle Dusak. Then all is available to you, often free books.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Personally I'm OK for books, still have about ninety to plow my way through. Held a kindle once that my friend had, as you say, good for downloading all the latest at a reasonable cost, but I do not like the feel of it, much prefer the tactile feel of paper. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

went today, Peter nice guy likes Macs, drools over them, 'obviously no fool there then, he's off to visit the applemac shop in Cairo, he had what I needed, nice...:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by BBLUX »

Dusak now I thought you were creative. Did you not think of putting the Kindle in a paper bag to give it that real paper feel?

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I read all the time and wouldn't trade my books for anything UNTIL I got a Kindle and now I wouldn't trade that for the world. You can get lots of FREE books to read if you collect 'em and download over time, it is light weight and you never run out of anything to read. If you truly give a Kindle/Kobo/Nook a try you'll be a convert :up :up :up

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

BBLUX wrote:Dusak now I thought you were creative. Did you not think of putting the Kindle in a paper bag to give it that real paper feel?
Sometimes BBLUX, it takes a brilliant mind to turn on the lights in a creative one. :up

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

I got my laptop from the Office, pirate version of windows, lasted about 3 weeks, bought other items that have long passed or been thrown away.

Lets hope that the Apple item have their own Apple Software installed because pirate programs are now being found out, via downloading updates.

Get my stuff from the UK now and brought across to me by friends.

The idea of buying computers, laptop etc without proper legal installed programs is now a no go area for me. Its not as though they do not charge for them because Computer equipment is much higher in cost than the UK now.

In fact regarding myself most things I gt are brought to me from the UK, it avoids many things, including a non regulated import tax, and both theft and damage to the item.

I remember when we moved here I put on boxes in Arabic "Fragile Handle with Care" was it handles with care? NO not at all. When the wagon delivered to the then rented villa, it was just thrown on the road for me to pick up and try to patch up. including items we will never be able to replace from when the children were young.

BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by BBLUX »

Feeling better now you have had your daily moan about Egyptians and the Egyptian way of life CE?

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

Chocolate Eclair wrote:I got my laptop from the Office, pirate version of windows, lasted about 3 weeks, bought other items that have long passed or been thrown away.
I bought my PC from the office (must be about 3+ years ago) I let them know what graphics card, motherboard etc I wanted and they put it together for me, really good price and ive never had a problem with it. If anyone is bothered about a pirated version of windows on their PC (if you get the counterfeit message when you boot up your pc) you can click the link which takes you to a microsoft website where you can pay via credit card etc and make your windows genuine.

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

Yes, that's exactly what happened. But the price is not all that good when you end up having to buy your windows package. Also computer gear is now cheap in the UK, due mainly to competition.

Ipads here are still far more expensive to what you pay in the UK. I know Apple is expensive in the first place, but the difference is almost 40-50 English Pounds.

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

Chocolate Eclair wrote:Yes, that's exactly what happened. But the price is not all that good when you end up having to buy your windows package. Also computer gear is now cheap in the UK, due mainly to competition.

Ipads here are still far more expensive to what you pay in the UK. I know Apple is expensive in the first place, but the difference is almost 40-50 English Pounds.
Depends where you shop just like anywhere else in the world, my new Samsung Galaxy S4 was £100 cheaper here. Many years ago when I bought my Iphone 3g (when they first come out) was £60 cheaper than the UK.

Most laptops have windows basic or home (genuine) already installed, with the windows authentication sticker with cd key stuck on the base of the laptop, I know mine did :)