The King and Thai

Recommend to members and guests the best places in Egypt to visit, stay, eat , drink or shop for souvenirs and necessities.
10+ posts are required to post in this section.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Ayisha Hassan
Egypt

The King and Thai

Post by Ayisha Hassan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:24 am

Absolutely delicious meal last night cooked by a real tiny Thai lady. Not being a lover of coconut I opted for the Jungle Curry (or something like that) without coconut milk, the flavours that kept bursting onto my tongue were wonderful.

Shouldn't have gone for the deep fried ice cream and pineapple though as I think that's what did the elastic in my trousers :roll:

Fully recommended, the only down side was the free WiFi was not in evidence but I was too busy eating and going mmmmmm to bother too much about that. :wi

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Re: The King and Thai

Post by Bombay » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi
Thank you for the kind words I am pleased you enjoyed your meal.
Waiter probably forgot to turn the Wi-Fi on there is free Wi-Fi in The King And Thai, The Fortune Cookie and A Taste Of India and Mary and George have it in the Regal Lounge, if you don't pick it up ask the waiter and you will need the password.
:eat

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:41 pm

Bombay wrote:Hi
waiter and you will need the password.
Is that the arithmetic sequence starting at 1 and with a unary increment, making 8 digits in all? I seem to remember it being listed in an earlier post.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:06 pm

Brian Yare wrote:
Is that the arithmetic sequence starting at 1 and with a unary increment, making 8 digits in all? I seem to remember it being listed in an earlier post.
No.
It was only installed this week.

gd47

Post by gd47 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:09 am

Brian Yare wrote:
Actually, no!

It was the URINARY increment...as I was, as usual, Badgered, Banjaxed, Battered, Befuggered, Bernard Langered, Bladdered, Blasted, Blathered, Bleezin, Blitzed, Blootered, Blottoed, Bluttered, Boogaloo, Brahms & Liszt, Buckled, Burlin (just to use a selection of "B" words, as opposed to my usual "F") when I devoted my entire intellectual capability into devising a totally uncrackable/hackable passcode. At present, we use WPA-Personal, but are migrating to Retinal Scan Authorisation (The biometric use of this scan is used to examine the pattern of blood vessels at the back of the eye) !

Apart from that, a spot-on recollection...1-8!
A lifetime sufferer of Zymocenosilicaphobia

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:00 am

Actually, no!

It was the URINARY increment...as I was, as usual, Badgered, Banjaxed, Battered, Befuggered, Bernard Langered, Bladdered, Blasted, Blathered, Bleezin, Blitzed, Blootered, Blottoed, Bluttered, Boogaloo, Brahms & Liszt, Buckled, Burlin (just to use a selection of "B" words, as opposed to my usual "F") when I devoted my entire intellectual capability into devising a totally uncrackable/hackable passcode. At present, we use WPA-Personal, but are migrating to Retinal Scan Authorisation (The biometric use of this scan is used to examine the pattern of blood vessels at the back of the eye) !

Apart from that, a spot-on recollection...1-8![/quote]

Nothing much new happening then G. :lol:

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:36 pm

"The King And Thai Menu" is Available at A Taste Of India until the winter season starts with 20% discount on all meals a drinks!

Gopha75

Post by Gopha75 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:25 pm

seems like a busloads been in - enjoy !!

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:56 pm

That lady, sorry I don't know her name, is wonderful and Russell is very lucky to have her as chef. Try her banana fritters, I know they are not very Thai-ish but to die for.

Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:32 am

Yep, got to agree with Carrie - fab food! And the Banana Fritters - my mouth is watering as I type. Will definite ly be on the list for an early visit on my return to Luxor!

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:32 am

You ladies will always find satisfaction with a well presented Egyptian banana. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:00 pm

Getting a bit like Trip Advisor! two business's to keep up and running god that must be hard in these days.

I remember a few years ago going for an Indian upstairs somewhere near Maxims, the other couple in there were from Pakistan, everything they served got sent back, when we got ours I could understand why, Popadoms swimming in oil, rice cooked until it was cremated, the curry we could not make out because they did not provide a spoon to get rid of the oil it was swimming in. When we left The chef was stood on the stairs smoking, our dustmen were cleaner looking than him, I remember saying to him pick us a good one, you can imagine what he was doing. Never went back to this one again, should have left before ordering.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:53 pm

Perhaps you should look on Tripadvisor to find out where to eat then :br
Glad that one is not mine :wi

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:00 am

I am not suggesting its anything to do with you Bombay, what I am saying is it somewhat put us off, eating Indian Food in Luxor, I had a Chicken Vindaloo at the place I mentioned, no Potato in it and the heat would not have called for a sweat or water to be drank. The main consistency was chilli the spices were totally missing. We both love Indian Food, and every friday back when we lived in the UK we had an Indian after work at the Gateway to India, they had a chain of 5 Restaurant around the City, shows the standard of their food. All used to be packed but if you could not get in one you had to try another in the chain.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:40 am

Chocolate Eclair wrote:I am not suggesting its anything to do with you Bombay, what I am saying is it somewhat put us off, eating Indian Food in Luxor, I had a Chicken Vindaloo at the place I mentioned, no Potato in it and the heat would not have called for a sweat or water to be drank. The main consistency was chilli the spices were totally missing. We both love Indian Food, and every friday back when we lived in the UK we had an Indian after work at the Gateway to India, they had a chain of 5 Restaurant around the City, shows the standard of their food. All used to be packed but if you could not get in one you had to try another in the chain.
Yes I remember the days when my restaurants suffered from that :br

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:17 am

I wonder, where could I obtain, a really wonderful Indian meal in Luxor,......................... take care, this could be a loaded question.

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:19 am

Ahmed and Lynn up the road from us A4, Ahmed cooks his own and coming from Lahore it is both spicy and very appertising.

By the way the next morning you may well be fully loaded or may find you have been shot! because a certain part of the anatomy may feel like an open bullet wound :))) :)))

I cannot wait for things to calm down a bit so we can start going across to Luxor in the evenings, bit too scary for us at the moment, because we have to go through all the villages to get there.

Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Post by Ruby Slippers » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:16 am

The best Indian meal I ever had was at the Sheraton many years ago. Is the restaurant still there? I have to qualify that statement by saying that it is also the ONLY Indian meal I've ever had in Luxor though, so I'm not judging! :)

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:51 am

Ruby Slippers wrote:The best Indian meal I ever had was at the Sheraton many years ago. Is the restaurant still there? I have to qualify that statement by saying that it is also the ONLY Indian meal I've ever had in Luxor though, so I'm not judging! :)
And possibly the worst non quality food I have ever tasted in my life. Gave them three shots over two years, then gave up. Next to the worst Indian food ever tasted was in the Indian restaurant next to the Grand. Dog food without the dog as even they would not eat it. I did hear that there was a server of chronic Indian fair over on the West side, but perhaps that is another story.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Post by Ruby Slippers » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:22 pm

I did say many years ago, Dusak! In fact, it was back in 2004, now I come to think about it!