Board index » EGYPT EXTRA » Places Recommended

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:12 am  |  Posted from: Egypt

Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Topics: 316
Arcade Highscores: 0
Five of us went into Luxor last night so I could arrange transport for my new TV. We were all hungry so Mac D's was suggest. I declined as a couple of days before as my friend and I visited the TV shops had had burgers, she fish, I a double Royal. Three hours after getting home I had the trots which took over the following day as well. I saw that directly opposite the Union Air TV shop in Station street, station end, there was an eatery, similar to the Kentucky Fried place we have here, and again one I will not use because of the bad local press concerning upset stomachs after a visit. It is called Chicken Broast. I highly recommend the food.

They serve mainly fried chicken legs, wings and chicken strips. All are coated in a dry and very tasty crunchy coating that you can have spicy or plain. The meat inside is perfectly cooked, and moist. They do various combinations as well as meat and chicken burgers. All are served with a holder of chips, but proper ones, not like the sticks you get in the other similar outlets. Also the prices are very good value for money.

I had the Super Jumbo which consists of three good sized chicken pieces, two crispy chicken strips, fries, a hot dish of yellow rice, a dish of coleslaw, garlic butter spread and a large very fresh white bread roll. I also had a can of Pepsi which is nine Le extra, but the large can. The meal was 70Le and I was stuffed. The largest meal is the Feast meal, 9 large chicken protons, 7 strips, [or 14 chicken pieces] 1 very large fries, 1 large bole of rice, 1 large coleslaw, 1 large garlic salad plus nine of the bread rolls. 220Le. prices start from 22Le for the individual meal, 1 large bread, 1large chicken portion, 1 bag of fries 22Le. You can also make whatever combination you want.

A friend had the cheese burger and fries with Pepsi for 27Le which he said was very nice. The other three had the Mini Chico, a wrap filled with chicken and a bag of fries at 13Le, all said they tasted delicious and a good fist full to hold.. Plus three Pepsi that were extra. They also provide various sandwiches as well for 27Le or a large bread chip roll for 10Le. :up :eat

They only serve cold drinks, no tea or coffee, which was a pity.

The restaurant itself was very clean and had a full sized plate glass window so you could street watch. plenty seating with two very clean loos. There is a good A/C unit for summer, we had to have it turned off as it was cold, flat screen TV plus background music on low volume. All the orders are cooked to order, so you wait fifteen to twenty minutes, which I prefer instead of getting a 'grab' from the warming unit.The guy behind the counter speaks good English and the menu is in English as well. They also deliver. [do not know if they charge.] The phone numbers are :- 01003872136 or 01003877136 or 01277182607 or 01145620150.

Very highly recommended.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:20 pm  |  Posted from: Australia

Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Topics: 254
National Flag:
Australia
Did anyone have the spicy chicken? Was it decently hot? My husband (not working in Luxor currently) is hanging on your every word, as it's his favourite, for when he returns in a couple of months.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:13 am  |  Posted from: Egypt

Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Topics: 316
One of the chicken sandwiches had the spicy chicken, she said is was not very hot, but very tasty.