PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:00 pm  |  Posted from: Egypt

Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Topics: 180
Arcade Highscores: 0
National Flag:
Egypt
Glyphdoctor wrote:
The self-created ideas that people form in their own minds about me are quite detached from the reality

Likewise :evil:

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:56 am  |  Posted from: Egypt

Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Topics: 316
Glyphdoctor wrote:
I'm not viewing my own case! I'm viewing the case you described according to the standards you have said exist in Luxor. I am trying to understand YOUR way of thinking with my descriptions of what I understand you are suggesting and not inserting my own opinion or experience into this current discussion at all.

But please continue your imagination of me as it is quite entertaining. I've read about how I am dressed from head to toe in black all the time in this forum so many times I understand why you think it. Not that anyone here has ever seen me dressed that way or that I have described myself as dressing that way, but never mind. The self-created ideas that people form in their own minds about me are quite detached from the reality but they seem to be quite hard to shake, as you even have bought into them.

As for converts, there are tons of them that marry Egyptians, but they don't tend to marry into the tourism industry but they probably represent the majority of wives actually that live in Egypt otherwise.

I saw you in full battle dress on a vid, I think it was on U-Tube, giving some sort of presentation on stage looking very small in stature and timid. As for you adopting the national dress, that's your business. I personally don't like the colour black in regards to clothing, having nothing to do with the person ensnared within.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:46 am  |  Posted from: Egypt

Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Topics: 52
National Flag:
Egypt
Keep the delusions coming. National dress (of what country?). Is there even a women's national dress in Egypt? Small stature? That's a new one. When I get on the women's car in the metro here I am always struck by the fact I tower over 99% of the women. Whether it's your business or not, it sounds like you are spreading rumors that have no basis in reality.

Please, can you tell me whether I was fat in this video too? I'd love to hear how I am a typical foreign wife of an Egyptian in an XXXXL galalbiya. It would be quite amusing.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:40 am  |  Posted from: Egypt

Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

No GD, I am not spreading rumors, I leave that to others. Nor am I lying to have a dig at you. The vid showed you on the stage, and it could of been a very large stage to make you seem small in stature, that was not the point I was making. All I was saying is that I viewed you in full battle dress. Could of been many years ago, could of been here or the US, I don't know and have very little interest. There was a caption to the short vid saying ''guess who? This is Glyph Doctor off Luxor4u.'' The national dress comment was just a general term that you are attempting to capitalize on, as is the XXXXXXXL and typical foreign wife comment. You exist and that is where my interest in you ends as it does with a lot of other people I know. At the very far reaches of my memory, I now think that it could of been on here that it was posted.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:53 am  |  Posted from: Egypt

Egyptian God
Egyptian God

National Flag:
Egypt
Well, just because someone said it was me, it doesn't mean it was, does it?

What exactly is full battle dress, please do tell? Maybe from your account of what it is I can tell if it is something I have ever worn even once in my life, because I seriously doubt whatever you consider full battle dress I have ever worn, and certainly not on a stage!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:45 pm  |  Posted from: Egypt

Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Topics: 349
Arcade Highscores: 10
National Flag:
United Kingdom
My imagination is working over time, full battle dress... women hair in curlers, covered by one of those net things that Ena Sharples used to wear. No teeth, wrap around pinny, rolling pin tucked firmly under the arm.
Men..trousers rolled up to just below the knee, braces ofcourse, hanky with knot in each corner covering head, vest with holes in it that is an indifferent shade of grey, furled umbrella.
Both sexes dashing round the west bank shouting dig you b.gg.. s dig.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:36 pm  |  Posted from: Egypt

Egyptian God
Egyptian God

National Flag:
Egypt
I'm imagining that this video was shared in one of those alleged secret expat slander groups on FB and someone said I was one of the dancers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJTXjYTPcwo

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:30 am  |  Posted from: Egypt

Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Full battle dress in polite reference to the more common Egyptian woman's dress = The Guinness brigade. [its the thick white head that does it] :up

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:05 am  |  Posted from: Egypt

Egyptian God
Egyptian God

National Flag:
Egypt
With the little information you have provided, I still am almost certain you did not see a video of me. But can you please describe in more detail what the more common Egyptian women's dress looks like? Maybe a photo of a woman dressed in this manner? There are many different common styles here. Or are you just talking about the all-black style common in Luxor?

As for the Guinness brigade, sorry that must be one of those obscure British terms because I have absolutely no clue what that is supposed to mean at all.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:42 am  |  Posted from: Egypt

Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Topics: 855
National Flag:
Uzbekistan
11114 OK ?

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:01 pm  |  Posted from: Egypt

Egyptian God
Egyptian God

National Flag:
Egypt
That's DEFINITELY not me! Hahaha

I don't think there's any part of my body that is even as wide as that upper arm, let alone the rest of her!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:40 pm  |  Posted from: Egypt

Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Well done Who2, this time when I clicked on this particular photo it went very big :up [the photo that is]