Arabic translator willing to help

Browse through our English/Arabic dictionary and learn some useful words and phrases.
Need a translation? Ask here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Jo

Arabic translator willing to help

Post by Jo » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:56 pm

Hi,
I just wondered if anyone knew of an arabic translator who might be willing to help me out on a voluntary basis?

As some of you may know I spent almost 12 months working voluntarily at a luxor children's home and part of my role there was staff education.
I undertook teaching sessions on subjects such as, hand hygiene, food hygiene and sudden infant death guidelines. I did the sessions via a powerpoint presentation and the help of an arabic speaking member of staff. My aim prior to leaving was to compile a staff reference folder that could be referred to as and when the staff needed and would also help to keep them updated. I spent many hours with my kind arabic teacher who helped me translate the sessions into arabic to be printed off and put into the folder. Unfortunately the day i was to print everything off, my laptop suffered some internal failure and took absolutely everything that was stored on it.

It is such a shame that I had got this information together and lost it before it could be saved as this was an important part of my voluntary work and I wanted the information I had shared to continue to be used after I'd gone.

I will have to re do the information in english but was just wondering if there is anyone willing and able to translate my work into arabic so that my time there is not totally wasted.

If anyone is able to help in some way I would be so grateful as I'm sure the charity and staff would be to.

many thanks
Jo :D

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Horus » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:01 pm

Jo, before you do anything drastic, it just may be possible to retrieve the information off your duff laptop. But whatever you do, do not reformat the disc or attempt any form of reinstallation of any software, then take it to a decent computer shop and see if they can help to retrieve the data and put it onto another laptop for you. :)

drwho

Post by drwho » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:03 pm

PM me East or West Bank?..8)

Jo

Post by Jo » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:15 pm

Thanks Horus,
Already gone down that road. Gave it to a friend when we got home who basically seems to have transfered the info onto an external hard drive then reset the laptop but now his hard drive isn't doing anything at all. He thought perhaps the laptop picked up a virus in Egypt that was then transfered to the external hard drive and ruined that too. Just resigned to the fact I've got to start over which isn't a problem until we get to the translation bit!
cheers
Jo x

FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by FABlux » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:19 pm

George Jo is back in the UK. :cry:

If she could get it on to a disc and sent over, or possibly even email it would you have a contact who could help her with the translation?

My Mum comes over 15th Dec, any chance you could get a CD to her by then Jo?

Jo

Post by Jo » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm

It's certainly possible I could get some of it done by then. It's just going to take a bit of time to re do the whole thing but I could get a few bits together. I had an feeling the laptop was going to do something spectacular and actually e mailed myself one of the sessions (English version) but it was too late for the others.