My Bleeding Heart..

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

My Bleeding Heart..

Post by Who2 »

Next week my mate Big-Nose and I are invited out to lunch at our favourite restaurant. The Bleeding Heart.
http://bleedingheart.co.uk
We have been customers here for years at this centre of Gastronomy, they also have one of the finest wine cellars in London.
Cannot wait as our hosts are both crime writers/journalists and the bill will be picked up by Rupert's new Missis,
Jerry Hall, excellent I'll drink to that... TBC... :cool:
Ps: Pic's & menu to follow....Hopefully I can take a picture of them outside The Hatton Garden Safe Deposit round the corner.

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: My Bleeding Heart..

Post by Glyphdoctor »

And here i thought this was a literal subject line and would be about adventures in cooking heart.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Just checked on line Who, the menu looks great, think I would be in a quandary what to order. Enjoy your meal and tell us what you had.
Listening to GQT at the moment I thought perhaps they had decided to answer one of your questions at first, love Bleeding Heart.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

:) My first thought was of the plant too Carrie. I thought we were going to read that Who2 had a pot of Bleeding Heart on his kitchen windowsill or planted in a widow box outside.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

For the gastronomes among us.
Chatting with my pal Thursday in St John's, Fergus told me this:

Ox or veal heart: "Trim off any tough-looking bits, slice thinly and, if there is time, marinate overnight in olive oil and a little vinegar.
Cook in a hot pan or griddle very quickly, just until the heart is browned on each side, and eat straight away with horseradish and mustard....
:cool:

Ps: Last time in Luxor airport the guy said "what's this ? as he pulled out a freezer bag containing 6 frozen pigs' ears.
"Lugholes of Kanzeer" was my speedy reply, "Right then have a nice holiday in Luxor! '*aH Ha!...
'I used to put a copy of the Quran right at the top, it seemed to work for a bit...
Pss: "ah ha!" said loudly means 'f*** off in arabic and far nicer than using 'imshi which is very imperialistic.....

Note to music lovers:
1500hrs GMT on http://www.camglenradio.org Johnny Mac's world music will play requests to your loved one far away,
listen in and I'll send you a request, you 'lotus-eaters you..

Aside; Last time John & I came through Luxor together he had 20 colour photos of George & Osma:
Which he gave to the airport coppers telling them to photocopy them & share..
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Just noticed this, being that I don't often come down to the basement.

The area around The Bleeding Heart is really brilliant to study, and I know it quite well.

The pub and the area around was once owned by the Bishop of Ely, Queen Elizabeth I wanted to give it to her friend Sir Christopher Hatton, the Bishop objected so the Queen sent him a memorable note, which read,...."Proud Prelate, remember what thou werst before we made thee. Comply, or by God we shall defrock thee". It seems though that the Bishop got revenge, it is said, one night the devil came and took Hatton's wife, leaving her heart in the courtyard of this establishment, with a dagger through it.

Nearby is Saffron Hill, up until the18th century, this named spice garden was used to disguise the taste of rancid meat. By the 19th century, this road was infamous for criminal activity, it is said, someone would steal your handkerchief at one end of this street, and you could buy it back at the other end. When Dickens wrote Oliver Twist he referred to this street, calling it Field Court.

Around the corner from here is Ely Place, is where the most perfectly preserved set of Georgian houses that can be found anywhere. Hidden away is St Etheldreda's Church, the crypt is amazing, they say it's the oldest church in London, though, I believe second only to St Bartholomew the Great, in Smithfield.

One other interesting fact about Ely Place, up until the 1930's, any criminal who manage to enter this street could NOT be arrested by the Metropolitan Police, being that it was still an area under the authority of Ely. There is a gate house, still occupied today, though in earlier days was placed a beagle to prevent such a person from entering the street.

I shall have to come down to the basement more often, still don't know how to make a good shepherd's pie. :wi .