Coq D’Argent

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Coq D’Argent

Post by Who2 »

A man in his 20s plunged 80ft to his death from the roof garden of Coq D’Argent in the City, in the latest in a string of deaths at the restaurant.

He was pronounced dead by paramedics called to the brasserie shortly after 4pm yesterday.

Diners and staff at the restaurant were reported to have been unaware of the death until police arrived.

“I doubt any other the other diners or people in the bar would have been aware.

City of London police closed the road to traffic as an investigation was launched. The death is not being treated as suspicious.

The Coq D’Argent, once owned by Sir Terence Conran, is popular with City workers but has seen a number of suicides from the rooftop terrace.

Restaurant critic Wilkes McDermid, 39, jumped to his death from the seventh floor balcony in February last year.
Between 2007 and 2012 four other individuals took their own lives at the restaurant.

"Now I often used to dine at Bibendum's another of Conran's and I still have an ashtray from his Bluebird restaurant.
Now they maybe slightly expensive but that tends to keep out the 'riff-raff, I always thought that the food was not half bad,
no-where near enough to chuck one'self over the balcony.... :cool:
Ps: "I was probably the sight of the bill that 'did for them..

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: Coq D’Argent

Post by Major Thom »

So has one of the founders of the Zombies started writing again?? Used to love, Colin Blunstone and Rod Argent. "Hold Your Head High" Neither were Coq's though