Atar the Baker

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Re: Atar the Baker

Post by Yildez »

Winged Isis wrote:I love any bread baked in a wood fired oven. The best of any bread I've had was in Turkey and France.
I live in a small town on the Mediterranean Coast of Turkey, and the ladies in the surrounding villages make wonderful bread in the traditional wood fired ovens, which they sell on market day. Some of them add a little cinnamon, which I love!

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I see Mr. Gopha75 has made a comeback. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

Today I went into Atar's for the first time. I was very impressed. I nneded some gluten-free bread for a Coeliac student in my Study Tour tomorrow. Once we had crossed the language barrier (wheat and sweet are very easily confused when you are expecting to hear the latter!) a rye loaf was located (in the freezer, I think) which I will collect tomorrow morning on the way to Hierakonpolis. A tray of non-Danish pastries had just come out of the oven. Puff pastry with a blob of lemon curd. They were spectacular - and not too sweet). We will be taking some of those as well.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

You seem to have developed a stutter Mr. Yare. :mrgreen:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

nnoted. The rye bread was excellent, and exactly what our coeliac student wanted. She has taken the rest of a very large loaf back to her hotel. Everything else we tried went down very well. He was open at about 6am for us to collect our order although I think the official opening time is later.

I will be back!