Film Nights..

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Film Nights..

Post by Who2 »

I'm having another classic film & food night it's Bohemian Rhapsody.
It means I have to work to clean and re-decorate the place.
It's a pain really, but does make me up my standards...

Your not invited, it's a select 20/30 eclectic group who love food & film and don't rumour-monger, prevalent
amongst ex-pats over here..

But anyhow, Fred C Dobbs Esq. Front of House Manager offers you this little snippet, it's all in the teeth.....
and the food & the conversation... 8) 'enjoy it's hilarious....

Ps I have just been donated over 500 films dating from 1915-2002 the most eclectic film memorabilia,
I have ever encountered ..

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Re: Film Nights..

Post by Yildez »

I felt very privileged to attend one of your film nights a few years ago, 2015 I think? Most enjoyable and yummy food!!
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

When we used to host our then famous BBQ's for up to 20 friends with free food and drinks (by our choice) they soon got out of hand when some just turned up with an unknown and uninvited friend, or requests where made to bring xy and z with them. So one time, getting a bit ****** of with the free loaders, I sent out invitations for the next one, but it would be all you can eat for a 60Le charge. Ten paid and enjoyed themselves, plus we gave free booze, the rest had a host of reasons why they could't make it this time. You can buy people, but not friends in this world of ours.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

"Money couldn't buy friends, but you got a better class of enemy." 8) - Spike Milligan
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I sympathise with you Dusak, we used to host many New Year parties at our home, lots of gratis food and booze laid on. You would always spot the odd univited guest and the tight one who bought a crap bottle of wine then proceeded to drink your best stuff and hammer the spirits, not a bad night for them at £4.99 :lol:
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Who2 wrote: You're not invited, it's a select 20/30 eclectic group who love food & film and don't rumour-monger, prevalent amongst ex-pats over here ...
:lv :wi :br :hug: :wi :br :ks
:jig: :thanks: :jig:
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

For those not familiar with Freddie, here's a snippet. Enjoy!.... 8)
phpBB [video]
Sophocles.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Who2 wrote:I'm having another classic film & food night it's Bohemian Rhapsody.
Be careful what you promote/show Who2 :sd

From the Human Rights Watch

Egyptian authorities were eager to claim a connection to Egyptian-American actor Rami Malek after his best actor win at the Academy Awards last week. Egypt’s Immigration Ministry even tweeted a quote from Malek’s Oscar acceptance speech.

But Malek’s full speech has not and could not be reported in Egyptian media.

Freddie Mercury would not be allowed an interview on Egyptian media. The Supreme Council for Media Regulation issued a 2017 prohibition on “homosexuals” appearing on any media outlet except when they “repent” for their sexual conduct. Media outlets are forbidden to “celebrate” homosexuality.
Just for interviewing Freddie Mercury – or, for that matter, Rami Malek speaking positively about Freddie Mercury – a host could be sentenced to prison, as happened to Mohamed Al-Ghaity last month for interviewing a gay man.

Full source: https://www.hrw.org/news/2019/03/04/egy ... rami-malek
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

An okay movie, nothing to shout about, and an excellent lead performance, but not really Oscar-worthy, IMHO. Green Book is much better on both counts.
Carpe diem! :le:
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Who2 wrote: ... it's a select 20/30 eclectic group who love food & film and don't rumour-monger, prevalent
:o Really! Are you absolutely sure about that? I'm not, and I don't live there or have access to your guest list.
As the old saying goes 'Even the walls have ears'. ;)
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
Who2 wrote: ... it's a select 20/30 eclectic group who love food & film and don't rumour-monger, prevalent
:o Really! Are you absolutely sure about that? I'm not, and I don't live there or have access to your guest list.
As the old saying goes 'Even the walls have ears'. ;)[/quote

And never forget the good old fly on the wall, sees all, hears all, but is never seen itself. ;)
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

We always kill any flies we find in the house....just to make sure they don't tell!

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
Alistair1967

Post by Alistair1967 »

DJKeefy wrote:
Who2 wrote:I'm having another classic film & food night it's Bohemian Rhapsody.
Be careful what you promote/show Who2 :sd

From the Human Rights Watch

Egyptian authorities were eager to claim a connection to Egyptian-American actor Rami Malek after his best actor win at the Academy Awards last week. Egypt’s Immigration Ministry even tweeted a quote from Malek’s Oscar acceptance speech.

But Malek’s full speech has not and could not be reported in Egyptian media.

Freddie Mercury would not be allowed an interview on Egyptian media. The Supreme Council for Media Regulation issued a 2017 prohibition on “homosexuals” appearing on any media outlet except when they “repent” for their sexual conduct. Media outlets are forbidden to “celebrate” homosexuality.
Just for interviewing Freddie Mercury – or, for that matter, Rami Malek speaking positively about Freddie Mercury – a host could be sentenced to prison, as happened to Mohamed Al-Ghaity last month for interviewing a gay man.

Full source: https://www.hrw.org/news/2019/03/04/egy ... rami-malek

I don't know what the Egyptian media would make of Malek's other well known role in the excellent "Mr. Robot", a series about a mentally-ill hacker who joins a plot to bring about the collapse of the US economy. Plenty of food for simple-minded outrage in that show....
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Hadn't realized that was him, a very confusing at times TV production.
Alistair1967

Post by Alistair1967 »

Dusak wrote:Hadn't realized that was him, a very confusing at times TV production.
Yes it certainly demands the viewer’s attention. A good thing, in my view.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Somebody today somewhere recommended this: The Boy who harnessed the Wind.
It's totally brill, it's 5 star * https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7533152/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Enjoy right up my inventive streak.... 8)
Sophocles.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

The story is a great one Doc' it will be well worth watching. :up
The Saudis are now harnessing wind power and solar power in the new towns they are building.
Everything is Solar, so the town is off grid in effect, and the even have airconditioned streets.

they make the streets narrow to create shade, and they have what looks like large windsocks above the steets that are orientated vertically and wider at the top than at the bottom.
inside said windsocks are rings that spray water into the socks and convection does it all, no power rquired. so cool air drops down onto the streets, the airflow even pumps the water.

Cars do not trael on the road in the town, they have underground transport system and road's..

Those in the middle East KNOW that the demand for oil is going to be in rapid decline, so thay have indeed invested their oil money wiseley for the future.
That futre will be tourism and.......
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

They may know about future supplies of oil are going to be eventually depleted, but unfortunately they do not understand what future repercussions are created due to their constant human rights violations.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Well, I was going to add to that, but having never been there I cant confirm it.
Tourism is a big money spinner, but the reported opression does put a lot of people off from visiting.

Maybe one day when religion leaves this planet and ***** off back to Mars, then we may all get on a lot better. :tk I think religion has now served it purpose and we need to collectively break the chains.

But World peace is non of my concern.. 8)