The Oscars

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

The Oscars

Post by Who2 »

So we did ok, that is Egypt & Blighty.
Bohemian Rhapsody is our next 'al-fresco KKK film presentation, it's 32oC today, Where's the Winter's gone ?
We have the weather, we have the cinema screen and we have a great sound system.
The BBQ will be amazing as always....

Anyhow yesterday my American pal returned from the States, she writes books & stuff,
and speaks better Arabic than most Egyptians.
During our first revolution she gained loads of period Cairene furniture, from folks departing 'post-haste,
furnishing her rather 'elegant architecturally designed Hassan Fathy house over in Quorm Lola.

The point being is: She has offered me 10 boxes over 500 plus movies dating from 1915-2002.
It's an absolute collectors dream and the collected history of the movie industry.
So, I'm going to build another bookcase for the collection. That will be three so-far.

The question is ? Does anyone here own a VHS Player ? As I threw all mine out years ago.
All donations of VHS players greatly received..... 8)
Ps: Seems like it was some Cairo club called Al'Amut or Al'Amzit Video Club, it's in Arabic.
But listed in English, is The date, the film, the Country, the running time, the actors. It's a goldmine.....
"Allah smiles on the Compassionate.

Pss: Our first Farmers Mkt: Friday 29 Farmers Market including Afternoon High Tea....
I'm selling white pussy cats 'cheap lol..that's March!

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: The Oscars

Post by Who2 »

Iv'e never been to The Oscar's but my mates have, they tell some great stories & the after parties.
The biggest and best attended bieing Dustin Hoffman's...
I went to the Bafta's once and came back with one, they were stuck on the staircase wall, loads of them....
It looked really good above our Tardis Cinema screen.. 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Re: The Oscars

Post by John Landon »

So, you got you Bafta in the same way as I got my Victoria Cross... Nice.. 8)

Weather here in Wales has been amazing, and to think this time last year, the "Beast form the East" was upon us. Or "Seasonal snow" as I prefer to call it..
I never dreamed that I would be out cutting our lawns in late February ( whilst not under the influence of some illegal substance... ) :cg

Anyway, just got back from my African jaunt and now trying to convince the missus that our next holiday in the last quarter of this year is only going to take us 23 hours of travelling to get there..
A place where the ancient ruins make Luxor's ruins look like a bombed out 1950's prefab council estate... This wont be easy... :ct