Someone saved my life tonight

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Someone saved my life tonight

Post by John Landon »

This has to be one of my favourite Elton John / Bernie Taupin songs ever.
I bought the album "Capitan Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy" back in 1975, and fell in love with it the first time I played it.
It always reminds me of the summer and sunshine, so when I play it, the sun is always shining..... 8)

The Album is about 17 year old Bernie Taupin and 20 year old Elton John's journey into the music industry and all they went through.
both are now 66 and 69 respectively and have been together for 50 years !

This song had me hooked as soon as I heard the opening chords, I just knew it was going to be something special.
an extremely clever song on more than one level.

Today, 42 years later, I can still listen to this song with a tear in my eye and a wry smile on my face...

#haunted.... 8)

phpBB [video]

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: Someone saved my life tonight

Post by Horus »

Nikita, Sacrifice, Candle in the wind (not the Diana version) and Daniel are my own favourites

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Re: Someone saved my life tonight

Post by John Landon »

Excellent Choices Horus..... :up

My parents were never keen on my musical choices, they always tried to steer me towards classical music, some of which I do enjoy.
BUT, after listening to Goodbye Yellow brick road album, and enjoying what I can best describe as a Magic carpet ride,
I realised that this was something the classics could not do for me.

After my Dad left us in '74, he returned one day (June 24th) and gave me a cassette tape of Elton Johns album Caribou.
It took me many years to figure out why my dad did that......

This is off the new Album, "Wondeful Crazy Night",
My little grandson loves this video and keeps playing back a certain part of it, and watches intently..

phpBB [video]

This is such a Feelgood Album, I would recommend it as a cure for depression... 8)