Fabric loses it's Licence.

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Fabric loses it's Licence.

Post by Who2 »

Fabric located in the old Metropolitan Cold Store next to Smith's and opposite Smithfield Meat Mkt in Charterhouse St.
I had a building 1 block away, and was shown this place years ago, it was huge, one could walk all the way underground to the Barbican Station.
Quite a stunning place high brick arches covered in 3" of Cork with outer Oak panelling.

When I visited, there were 6 Polish guys that entered in the morning and left at night rarly seeing daylight.
They were stripping out the Oak and removing the cork it took them 6 months, mind you it took 3 years to defrost in the place first.
£357,000 was the price then.

The Reilly's..... another 'North London Crime family with ( terrible dress sense )
They bought in a team to run it very professionally, even giving my place a 'gold card membership.

This from Islington Licensing Department:
During the meeting, Fabric director Cameron Leslie said: “I cannot contest strongly enough the notion that Fabric is a safe haven for drugs,” recalling:
“My co-founder Keith Reilly stood-up to a significant organised crime organisation when we first opened who wanted to run drugs into this club.
He had to move his family out of their home and had to wear a bullet-proof vest for a month.
So we know very well the real life challenges that are involved in running a clean venue in London.”
( They also had The Cross in Kings X )

Bit odd that last statement, the only opposition being another..... "North London Crime family The 'A'Team The Adams Family...(good dress sense)
Both were and still are into lap dancing clubs, bars, and a few other areas.

Personally I think it's a shame as it's location never disturbed anybody and kid's will always take drugs.
Their in-house dealers were obviously shoddy in control over outside dealers.

Mind you the Police once raided the street dealers outside Farringdon St and allowed a BBC news crew to film it.
Whist we all watched from our roof terrace.... 8)

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Re: Fabric loses it's Licence.

Post by Bombay »

Was this the real reason Fabric was shut down? 'Operation Lenor' and a cash-strapped council and police
Exclusive: New documents obtained through a Freedom Of Information request suggest Fabric closure was a long term plan orchestrated by a hard-up council, with the police as pawns and drug legislation as a constant, convenient excuse.t http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 29541.html
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I fell in love with My Manor and it's history whilst looking for more obtainable dirt cheap buildings,
and there are some totally stunning buildings in this part of london.

The very few then local estate agents realised I could put empty useless buildings to work.
And the lists they used to forward to me gave me access to most and some good advertising for them.

I became friendly with The Save Britain's Heritage group and gave free offices to The Smithfield Trust.
SBH had rich backers inc: Prince Charles and some amazing buildings around Britain at risk, which you could live in totally free.

We had 3 empty breweries there then, now all highly sought after apartments & trendy companies.

Funnily ,the City of London and Islington's boundary runs dead-center down Charterhouse Street.
And as for it's pub's Well how about this one ?
The Old Fox..
that also has 6 hidden rooms that serves the biggest breakfast ever and has done since the Victorians.
At my height I had over 42,000sq ft over 5 buildings around the manor...
I even got friends girls, to manage and run a club in an underground Prison The House of Detention.... 8)
https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&s ... GbSNzQM%3A
Last edited by Who2 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

There is an awful lot of money to be made by Policing events I should know.
After a few years our Clerkenwell Green Party had to be Policed due to it's increase and popularity.
What stopped it finally was the cost to hire in the 'old bill..getting paid to have fun.. 8)
'interesting article....
I never had a licence for 14 years..'shsh
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I once put three and a half thousand people in here one night for a party that cost £45 grand Tank Girl launch party..
It's now a flashed up Roundhouse built by Stephenson for his trains..in Camden. 'fun day's'... 8)
Ps: It has an underground complex that was used for a children's TV programme and when we got it they were constructing a giant Wall's Cornet with flying trapeze'sits circling it..
Sophocles.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Waste of time Ken Livingstone never saved The Tardis Studios mind you I was well bored by then anyway... 8)
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Speaking of Fabric I have the sailmakers in again, it's amazing what fabric can cover.... 8)
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

London venue infamous for excessive drink and drug use to be closed permanently.... 8)
A famous London venue that has been linked to heavy alcohol and drug use is to be closed permanently,
over health fears for the people who attend it....

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2016/09/08/lon ... rmanently/
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Here's an interesting article from our local newspaper.
http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/ ... _1_4686983
I have been called in the past in that very room for a couple of these licensing meetings to speak on behalf of applicants,
Me, as an upstanding local charity director and gainful employer.....'nuff said...
And of course successfully gained both 2 am licences..

Mind you as stated in the above, As an NGO & Registered charity, I evaded a licence for 14 years,
but then we really held the 'moral high-ground..'didn't we ?..... 8)
Sophocles.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Fabric: DJs and clubbers celebrate as London superclub to reopen.

Clubbers, DJs and musicians were celebrating today after a rescue deal was reached for the reopening of iconic London nightclub Fabric.

The Farringdon nightclub was shut down permanently by Islington Council in September following a review sparked by the drug-related deaths of two 18-year-olds.

But today a judge at Highbury Corner magistrates' court agreed Fabric could reopen under new licensing terms agreed by the council, the club and the police including a ban on anyone under the age of 19.

Fabric director Cameron Leslie said the club was looking forward to “setting a new gold standard of clubbing” when it reopens.

“All of us at fabric would like to express our deepest thanks and gratitude for the support shown to us by so many from around the world that has made today’s result possible,” he said.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/f ... 01326.html