Dancing Horses

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Dancing Horses

Post by BENNU »

Frédéric Pignon dances with three Friesian stallions

phpBB [video]

Friesians are beautiful and strong horses known for their agility. Frédéric Pignon, a French horse trainer proves this sentiment to be true in a remarkable performance with not one, but three Frisian stallions. Pignon takes command of the horses as they follow his lead with impeccable grace.

When the performance first starts, we see a captivating stallion galloping alongside the trainer. The horse follows each command including picking up a riding crop and posing. When the second horse comes out, there is not a moment of hesitation as they gallop in unison and take individual commands.

But, wait! There's even a third horse! What's even more amazing is that the horses work together to continue a remarkable performance. The animals continue to alternate working together and also performing solo acts. Breathtaking!

Pignon is considered among the best trainers in the world. His attentiveness and depth of understanding horses it a top reason that he is so successful with training them to do performances such as this. He understands that there is much more to the horse than regular methods. In an interview with Horse Collaborative Pignon said, "What I observe most of the time is that people use methods like horses are bicycles. They’re horses. A horse is a big adventure when you start to be with one." He commits himself to learning about the horse and training each individual horse in the way that is most effective.

This type of performance is not uncommon among Friesian horses. According to Pet Breeds, the breed is versatile and can be used for anything from riding to dressage. They are intelligent animals that can complete various tasks and take direction very well.

Check out the video for the entire performance. Be sure to share with all your horse-loving friends!

worldofanimals.org

pinkmagic
United Kingdom

Re: Dancing Horses

Post by pinkmagic »

Thanks for posting Bennu. I love all horses but have always had a soft spot for Fresians, so powerful, yet so graceful at the same time.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Re: Dancing Horses

Post by Mad Dilys »

I love horses of all shapes and sizes, these "stallions" are indeed beautiful - but the whole video disturbs me for so many reasons that having watched it once, that was enough.

However, seeing Charlotte Du Jardin riding her lovely horse Valegro in the Olympics I was moved with a different emotion. In this case pure admiration as everything was done to draw attention to the beauty and strength of the horse not the human. Although fitted with two bits, as is the custom it was the reins on the gentler bit that were used...........wonderful horse, wonderful discrete rider.
Smile! It confuses people