A "good"movie.

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

A "good"movie.

Post by Scottishtourist »

What do you consider a "good"movie?
Or does it depend on your mood at the time of viewing?

Do you like escapism?Do you like animation?
Are you a "film buff" and will endeavour to see every new release?
Or do you have old favourites,that no-matter what else you could be planning to do..you'll always make time for watching them..no matter how many times you've seen them before,bought the dvd,etc?

Watched one last night "Rise of the Planet of the Apes."O.k..it was all pretty much fantasy,a chimpanzee running around in a leather jacket and jeans and encouraging other captive apes to do the same!
But..it was entertainment..and quite honestly,after a few glasses of wine,I don't want anything too "heavy."

So..do you have favourite films?Ones you will watch again and again?

Just love "Shirley Valentine."Also "ET","Harry and the Hendersons""Splash,etc,(is there pattern forming here?)"Backdraft"starring Kurt Russell and "Ghost"are also personal favourites.

If I'm being more serious..then "The Motorcycle Diaries" and "The Kite Runner"are always ones that will make me sit down and think.

Do you have any favourite movie?
If so..then what is it?

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: A "good"movie.

Post by Brian Yare »

I am not into fiction, I much prefer non-fiction. So, rather than watch any movie I will find a good documentary.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I like "who done it" movies within a setting that this could possibly probably really have happened and I also enjoy documentaries.

I like comedies but most of what is churned out today isn't really that funny to me as the story lines are too simplistic superficial and silly.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Fat chance of catching a decent movie in Egypt.

I usually try and see one when I'm in London. Last time it was Spectre. ..disappointing.

I check out what's on, check out the reviews and go from there.

But, like others, I'm just as happy watching dvds of older classics or historical/natural history documentaries .
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

If you're a trekkie apparently the latest addition to the Star Wars saga is supposed to be good. Haven't seen it myself but friends who have gone say it is good.

Last movie I saw that I thought was really good as it gave insight into the issues a military sniper might face and how they think perceive and think about them was "American Sniper." Despite the politics around it I thought it was an excellent movie.

And, in answer to ST's question, I consider a good movie one that leaves me with something to really think about. One that might present the different sides to a moral dilemma of everyday issue or one that shows the background of a person and how that leads them to weigh the pros and cons of an issue and give the 'why' of how a person has followed this or that course of action based upon the info given and their interpretation of it.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I love a good TV Drama, just finished watching Doctor Foster, very compelling how Surranne Jones played a woman scorned. Well worth downloading the 5 one hour episodes.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I watched Doctor Foster but only found it mediocre drama, same old story line of many other such productions. I'm lucky, have friends over here that get all the latest film and TV releases for me to watch, so spoiled for choice. I really don't know why Egypt transmits any English language TV as apart from the news, most are very old insults to the intelligence. A good film for me is one I can watch without nodding of to. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

It is not the very best film that I have seen, but Moonstruck is still my personl favorite. From I first watched it some 25 years ago until this evening, I have recognised so many elements from my own life and dreams that I enjoy every little detail each time I see it.

Moonstruck has got to be the movie I have watched the most and it is getting better each time, like a good CD you never get tired of listening to, though you know every second of it by heart. I have just watched it for the 967th time while finishing the Asti Spumante that I opened three days ago. Feeling so good again.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Oh, I needed that. :lv
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I really like Moonstruck too. Over the years have probably watched it 3 times.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Have to say, never heard of it. Although I have, on that rare occasion, been moonstruck. :D
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Debbie does Dallas
Alistair1967

Post by Alistair1967 »

Most of my favourites are crime & gangster movies, I also like classic westerns, etc, as well as stuff like Raging Bull, possibly one of the greatest movies ever made. Then again, I also enjoyed the 2014 Tom Hardy film 'Locke' where the story is informed by a series of phone calls the eponymous character is involved in whilst driving to London. Very interesting concept.

Looking forward to seeing The Revenant too.