A Magic carpet ride: Save this for tonight and enjoy.

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

A Magic carpet ride: Save this for tonight and enjoy.

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Many years ago, I was about 11 years old when this album came out. I had been an Elton John fan for a few years by then.. :cool:
I was staying with friends in Sheffield, and I listened to this album with headphones on, through a high quality sound system late one evening.
The first time I had heard music so clear and personal.

It's waves of sound took me on a Magic Carpet ride. A lot of music can do that, its all about the resonance..

The First Track sets the scene for the voyage.. Even if you don't fly, the music is great... :lv

phpBB [video]

I love all the tracks, but one of my favourites is this one...

phpBB [video]

Aaaaand.... Back in the 'valley... :cg

There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: A Magic carpet ride: Save this for tonight and enjoy.

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I love all kinds of music, Rock and Roll is my favourite.

Although I love classical music too, it is what I call regimented, and controlled, it has to be played exactly as expected, as each note on the music sheet appears.
while I appreciate we all need control of some sort, I do enjoy the often random moments in Live Rock and Roll music.

What I enjoy about live performances in Rock and Roll, is the ad lib, and "catching the moment", you can hear the band members communicating with each other if you know how to listen, they don't even know what is going to happen when they play live sometimes..

I have heard many versions of this song, Often, you will hear Ritchie trying to find the right vibe to tune into, Cosy Powell the drummer realises that it isnt going to happen and will then break the moment for Ritchie and cut in with a powerful drum roll, and they all move on to the next part of the song..
On the night this was recorded, the Angels created this wonderful one off version, its as though all the gods possessed the bodies of the performers and created spontaneous perfection.

Catch The rainbow, or indeed Hide in the Rainbow... Love and a Peaceful world.. :cool:
Probably not in my lifetime, but then again, who knows ? roll on 2050... :br

phpBB [video]

There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.