Concerned.

If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Re: Concerned.

Post by HEPZIBAH »

DJKeefy wrote:
BENNU wrote::ct I always thought that it had to do with the "hide my online status" option.
WOW BENNU you are amazing, you need a job in IT, you solved the mystery :up
<giggle> I just took it as given that Keefy had eliminated that theory and that it was something far less obvious!

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

newcastle wrote:
I see Major Thom was around in recent hours....but keeping shtumm :ct
Old habits die hard. Well the looking in bit anyway.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

We are enjoying ourselves now, and instead of moving on so fast, we have decided to enjoy ourselves before taking another step. I still read the forum, but mainly to see what is happening in Luxor, I really have very little interest, however, some of the posts about what is happening even since we left, the Facebook charges, the free days etc make me laugh and also makes me think the place is in a free flow spiral. Nether myself or wife regret the day we left, but find it amusing to see and hear recent happenings. We had planned an earlier move and therefore arranged a temporary PO Bx for things to be delivered and changes to pensions, healthcare, etc etc. So we had a laugh when we were told that, everything would start from the day we actually did move 11/3/2017 and not from the 1/3/2017. When I made enquiries, the British Authorities said you entered Cyprus at 6.15pm on 11/3/2017 according to your passport. Amazing! all Government departments must now be linked and they can follow your every move. Just said " my mistake, a typing error, caused me to put an extra 1 in the date" ha ha! But it goes to show even when big brother in Luxor, fails, big brother elsewhere takes over. I could not believe that the swiping of passports at airports can be registered among all government departments. Another thing we have learned is that where we are you can apply to be a tax resident, and tax here only starts when your income is over £25,000. Very interesting!!
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

And to think....but for Brexit you'd have been able to live in Cyprus without any tedious visa issues!

A narrow escape for the Cypriots :a8:
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

There are visa issues if you want to live here over 8 months. You then have to apply for your papers, you need to show, birth and marriage certificate, passports, home ownership or rental documents, and a Cypriot Bank account statement, oh and your S1 forms, available for retired people only. A one off interview and then you get your residential visa, lasts forever. The cost 20 Euros. Once you get your residential papers you can apply for free medical card, Cypriot driving license what ever you need. Those not retired pay for treatment, 10 Euros to see your Dr and 30 Euros to see the consultant. Basic medical insurance is around 150 to 200 euros per year depending on your age.

The trouble is you get good medical treatment, fully equipped ambulances, well trained Doctors and Consultants, good hospitals with bedside phones and TV's. Most of the medical staff are British or British trained. No one is used to that in Luxor, beyond an Elastoplast, they were lost. Don't forget around Larnaca and Limossal its British Territory. So Brexit here they do not think will effect anyone with papers. One good thing is that you do not pay tax unless your income is over 27,000 Euros. Just in case we were the last ones accepted from Egypt to prevent terrorism, illegal use of Facebook, FGM becoming rife, and these stupid Orfi Marriages. Ha Ha!!
Kevininabydos
Palestine

Post by Kevininabydos »

BENNU wrote:
Kevininabydos wrote: I have logged in here many times hoping you would post something so I knew you were about!
:hug:
Lovely to see you about too dear Bennu
:bl:
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

Marcus Aurelius