Drafts

If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Drafts

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I started to write a post earlier and then had to leave the computer for a while. I noticed that there is a 'draft' facility so saved to it. Sounds good so far...and would be, if only I could work out how to find the draft facility again and retrieve what I saved. Has anyone used this facility? How do you retrieve what you've written?

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Drafts

Post by Who2 »

Same problem here.... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Quite easy, just click onto your 'user control panel' button and then look at the list on the left and select 'manage drafts' :up
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

One tip I would suggest is that if it is a long posts especially containing photos, that you periodically use the 'Save as Draft' option. This will stop you losing your work during the time it takes you to keep uploading images or adding more text, on saving you will get a warning about some features being lost, but in reality it rarely affects anything. If you work on a long post and make several 'saves' you will see a longer list of the SAME post, just make sure you select the Latest one when you decide to submit or to edit it otherwise you may select an earlier unfinished version that you had saved previously. :up
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Thanks Horus. I did click User Control Panal, but obviously didn't look properly at the options box from there. Brain drain syndrome going on at the moment.

If I'm writing a long post, I often use Word and then copy and paste it from there. It also means that if it's important to me, e.g. when I've written something for Literature Corner in the past, I've also got a copy saved to my computer.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I do the same Hepzi and save in Word or similar, but the draft option is particularly good for proof reading a long post with images. The problem is caused by the software pasting ALL images into the bottom of a post if you add them in later to illustrate your post and as they each have a number rather than a description it can get very confusing, so the ability to save as a draft prior to cutting and pasting the images to where you want them to be can be very helpfull. :up