For Carrie - Uploading pictures from Picasa

If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad

For Carrie - Uploading pictures from Picasa

Post by Grandad »

Carrie, I also use Picasa and as I have a few comments to add to what Hepzi said, I thought it might help is I give you a step by step guide. (I am on Win10 so some of the text below may differ from you if you are on another OS) Carrie I know this looks very long but it is a simple and quick procedure when you have done it a couple of times. On E4U it is not uncommon for us to add about 30 pictures to, say, a holiday report.

First, preparing your picture for uploading. This is the quick process that I use:-
1) Open Picasa and Click on the picture you want to upload to highlight it.
2) Go to File>Export picture to folder. A small window will open.
3) At 'Image Size' click 'Resize to'. In the box type 1250 for landscape format pictures or 1000 for portrait format pictures. Click 'Export' button at the bottom of this window.
4) You will get a new window showing where the resized picture is located. Something like This PC>Pictures>Picasa>Exports>(Your picture file name) You can close this window but you will need to go back to this location when you want to upload your pic to L4U.

Uploading to L4U.

1) Open L4U and login. Click 'Gallery' at top of screen.
2) You can upload your picture to any of the listed albums that is appropriate for your picture by clicking on it, or you can scroll to the bottom and click on 'Your personal album: Carrie'
3) Click on the tab 'Upload Image'. A new window will open.
4) You can upload up to 5 pictures in one go. Click the top 'Choose File' button. This will open your 'Pictures' file on your computer where your resized picture is located. If 'Pictures' does not open go to the address bar at the top of this window and go to This PC>Pictures>Picasa>Exports>(find your picture). Click on it. This will put your pictures 'name' in the upload window of L4U.
5) Click 'Continue' at the bottom. A new window opens with a thumbnail of your picture. Check that it is the correct one.
6) Click 'Submit' and your upladed picture thumbnail will appear in the album that you chose to upload it to. Return to 'Review Post Options' or wherever you normally navigate.

Adding pictures to posts.

1) In the Quick Reply window, make sure you are on 'Full Editor', if not click the Full Editor button at the bottom of the reply window
2) Type your text and when you want to insert a picture, click 'Gallery' at top of this window (it is on a green background). A window will open with thumbnails of your pictures.
3) Find the picture you want to add to your post and click the 'Insert Image into Post' button below thumbnail. A message above the button will say (image inserted). Close this window by clicking the cross in the top right corner. Take care to only close this window.
4) You are now back at the Quick reply box with the L4U address of your picture inserted after your text. You can now 'Review' or 'Submit' your post if you are happy with it........

I hope this makes sense and that it helps.

Grandad :gg:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: For Carrie - Uploading pictures from Picasa

Post by carrie »

Thanks a lot Grandad will try this tomorrow, get ready to be inundated with photo's if it works.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

I want to see a photo of Snitch!
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Yildez wrote:I want to see a photo of Snitch!
:a21: Just glad you didn't inadvertently add the word ''your'' to the post.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Dusak wrote:
Yildez wrote:I want to see a photo of Snitch!
:a21: Just glad you didn't inadvertently add the word ''your'' to the post.
Well I could have done - Snitch is Carries kitten. I can't imagine what you were thinking about! :tk :tk :tk
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Dusak, the word Snitch would be more commonly used by Who, the word you are trying to say is snatch, as in a grabby thing - - - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Grabby thing Hey! :lol:
And I am just so glad that Snitch isn't reading too well yet or I would have to ban him from this site.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I think that if you had two cats, the names Snitch and Snatch would go down well. :up As a by line, again a Northern word for a ladies thingy, and of course, a betrayer of trust. :tk ... I see a possible link in that... :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Dusak wrote:As a by line, again a Northern word for a ladies thingy ...:lol:
Grow up!
They are obviously talking about Carrie's pussy. . :roll: