Logging in

If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Williams

Logging in

Post by Williams »

Hi can you help me please as I can not log in I am already reg and only have one email address and it just comes back already reg but I need to rest all and start again as I don't know my password thank you

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Re: Logging in

Post by DJKeefy »

Sorry for the delay in answering your post, I have only just seen this.

Can you give me your username please, we dont have a williams, but do have a Nwilliams, is this you?
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

:tk ... if he they can't log on, then they wouldn't be able to read this, would they?
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

He/She should be able to read this section without logging in and he/she must have used another account to make his/her original post to Keefy. What they need to do is to make another post as either a 'guest' or again as 'Williams' and either answer Keefy's question or to state the user name that they cannot login under and he should be able to sort it. :up
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Suggestions and Help Enquiries
If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section (and use any username if they wish, if you leave the username blank, the username will show as Guest. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

So no need to login to read or write in this section.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I think that a guest should be able to log on to any part of the forum, many may not be interested tin becoming a member, but would like to offer their ''pennies worth'' now and again. And, it could lend itself to many more interesting points of views and topics, away from the much maligned and repeated ones that seem to dominate the forum of late. They could still be moderated before appearing.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

The problem with doing that is you open the forums to spamming by robots or trolls who continue to do so all over the web. Whereas now anyone who shows an interest only has to become a member which is hardly a problem and they can still post in certain sections as a 'guest' if they wish. Allowing unbridled access for anyone to make a post will only make more work for moderators as every post being made has to have a decision as to its contents. This would also bring up the problem of the Moderators agreeing or disagreeing with each post before it became visible and thus acting as a censor and in effect expressing their own views on every topic, at the moment it is only done to validate that the person is not spamming the forums and that the initial post is genuine.

Take this as an example, someone has an axe to grind about a particular restaurant and several people (members) give their opinions, some for and some against. Then one person with a vendetta starts to make multiple posts saying that the place was rubbish and purporting to be from multiple people complaining about how bad the place was and distorts the truth, these things do happen, just take a look at Trip Advisor. ;)
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Horus wrote:The problem with doing that is you open the forums to spamming by robots or trolls who continue to do so all over the web. Whereas now anyone who shows an interest only has to become a member which is hardly a problem and they can still post in certain sections as a 'guest' if they wish. Allowing unbridled access for anyone to make a post will only make more work for moderators as every post being made has to have a decision as to its contents. This would also bring up the problem of the Moderators agreeing or disagreeing with each post before it became visible and thus acting as a censor and in effect expressing their own views on every topic, at the moment it is only done to validate that the person is not spamming the forums and that the initial post is genuine.

Take this as an example, someone has an axe to grind about a particular restaurant and several people (members) give their opinions, some for and some against. Then one person with a vendetta starts to make multiple posts saying that the place was rubbish and purporting to be from multiple people complaining about how bad the place was and distorts the truth, these things do happen, just take a look at Trip Advisor. ;)
I agree with your points, but these sort of reactions happen now among the members when they start to squabble, so nothing much to moderate there. As for robots and trolls, we have the occasional visit from a troll and at times I sometimes think that I'm conversing with a robot that speaks from a continuous loop. So, nothing new there either. :lol: It was just a thought.