A bit of advice please.

If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

A bit of advice please.

Post by Dusak »

When using my lap top to view things through the TV I have to leave the flap slightly raised because if I close it once transmission starts the picture gets cut off. This was never a problem in the past but now Bob the cat has seen the flickering on the laptop's surface he attacks it as he is a shadow chaser. What do I have to do to the laptop to close the flap but not loose the picture. Thanks in anticipation. :up

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: A bit of advice please.

Post by Brian Yare »

Dusak wrote:When using my lap top to view things through the TV I have to leave the flap slightly raised because if I close it once transmission starts the picture gets cut off. This was never a problem in the past but now Bob the cat has seen the flickering on the laptop's surface he attacks it as he is a shadow chaser. What do I have to do to the laptop to close the flap but not loose the picture. Thanks in anticipation. :up
Assuming that you are on Windows then somewhere in the power settings in Control Panel you should find an option for 'what action to take when the lid is closed. Most people have it set to sleep or hibernate, but you need something else:
do nothing looks like the choice to make.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: A bit of advice please.

Post by Dusak »

Thanks, I think that I will hibernate as it looks like we are in for a hotty. :hot: :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.