British Air cancel all flights to Cairo.

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Re: British Air cancel all flights to Cairo.

Post by HEPZIBAH »

HEPZIBAH wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:04 pm Isn't there a strike due by BA pilots/crew.
Coincidence?
This was written somewhat tongue in cheek.
Unfortunately, having had no regular internet connections for the last week I was unable to access and edit the post to that effect.

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

HEPZIBAH wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:44 pm
HEPZIBAH wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:04 pm Isn't there a strike due by BA pilots/crew.
Coincidence?
This was written somewhat tongue in cheek.
Unfortunately, having had no regular internet connections for the last week I was unable to access and edit the post to that effect.
Thank goodness! :lol:

I was beginning to wonder if you’d lost the plot or succumbed to heat stroke!
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

A-Four wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:41 pm I think BA has sent a warning to Cairo, with regards Lufthansa, I believe Cairo has said the usual,....."please, please, please,...sorry, sorry, sorry,.....this will not happen again." and Lufthansa has believed them,.....but in truth, do we believe what they say ?
Well, as BA resumes flights to and from Cairo today, there seems to be a hush hush outcome to the dispute, though having read through certain press releases, there was a serious security breach, but neither British Airways or Cairo Airport want to add to previous statements or really comment on future changes that will be, or have already been made.

Long gone are those days when Cairo Airport was seen as an international hub. In the days of the old 'bucket shops' to avoid the European air travel cartel, it was common to change at Cairo to get on to eastern worldwide flights. Today a London-Cairo return flight is on average over £700,.....that in itself is a joke.

It is quite unbelievable that a relatively new modern airport terminal fails strict security checks, especially after such recent problems with their air traffic control security problems.