El-Sisi Issues an Order to Paint All Red Brick Buildings

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

El-Sisi Issues an Order to Paint All Red Brick Buildings

Post by Winged Isis »

The results of this should be interesting.

Egypt’s President El-Sisi Issues an Order to Paint All Red Brick Buildings

EGYPTIAN STREETS
JANUARY 18, 2019

In an attempt to turn Egypt more visually appealing, Egypt’s President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi released a order for all redbrick buildings in the country to be furbished and painted according to a color scheme.

On 17 January, state-owned Al-Ahram Arabic said that Mostafa Madbouly, Egypt’s Prime Minister, gathered with Egypt’s governors and highlighted that “Egypt’s ubiquitous red brick buildings convey an ‘uncivilised’ image [of the country].”

Madbouly warned that if each governor does not follow through with the project, there will be legal consequences.

While there have been modern ubran planing developments not just in the capital Cairo, but across Egypt, the country’s red brick buildings became a staple urban structure that the country has become known for. Most of these buildings are informal settlements and at least 63 percent of Cairo’s population, around 11 million people, live in these settlements according to Rene Boer, a writer at Volume Project.

Recently, there have been several efforts to refurbish many of Egypt’s old buildings and developments, for instance Cairo’s Maspero triangle, to account for a more modern look to the country. In return, those who live in these settlements are being compensated whether its through resettlement or monetary compensations.

The Egyptian Parliament has been taking measures to counter this problems in the urban planning sector in general. To help maintain good quality infrastructure, the parliament requested an amendment to the No. 119 law in a meeting that was held on July 18, 2016. The law imposes fines, an increase in utility fees, and prison sentence for those who breach the building regulations.

Carpe diem! :le:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: El-Sisi Issues an Order to Paint All Red Brick Buildings

Post by carrie »

I remember how much more interesting Luxor was before Samir Farag decreed that everything be painted in that awful brown and beige.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I daresay the more astute members of society are stockpiling cheap white paint as we speak. :lol:
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

As long as they are not all the same colour.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

They did this to every building in Karnak a few years ago, apparently Susan ''I have my own money thank you very much,'' Mubarak, decided they looked scruffy on one of her fast drive through's. Have to say after the rendering and paint job the street did look nicer. They did the same to all the buildings facing the avenue of the Sphinx a couple of years bake, again looked very nice. I think that they will use the standard cream color, which is far better than the scruffy looking bare brick.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

Yes it did look good and it's okay for those that face tourist spots, I guess. But every red brick building??? I think the money is needed for far more important issues.