Sisi for King.

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Sisi for King.

Post by Hafiz »

Sisi for King.

An author, not really an author except in Egypt, just a trash journo, wants the monarchy restored and Sisi made king and has written this guff in the Cairo media (ocrity). Monty Python would have a day – a country madder than they could imagine.

The creature, the journo, dribbles for youm7 which is owned and controlled by the Military Intelligence led by Sisi’s best friend General Kamal/Kamel who accompanied him in a uniform he has no right to wear whilst in the UN/US meetings a month ago.

Therefore its likely this is a float of an idea after the last one failed following the rigged election. That idea floated in identical terms using a lickspittle was to change the constitution to allow for more terms/President for life.

Those supporting the President for life idea at the time were worse than minor lickspittles but in Egypt call themselves intellectuals. https://fares.al-monitor.com/pulse/orig ... power.html

Its interesting that Sisi might have wanted to join a hall of heroes of long term/eternal leaders in the dreadful region: Robert Mugabe (war criminal and thief)/Qadaffi (war criminal and thief executed by his own people)/Emperor Bokassa (criminal, cannibal and thief)/Assad (war criminal and thief)/Bashir of Sudan (convicted war criminal)/Saddam (convicted and executed criminal)/ Zine El Abidine Ben Ali (got out with a few tons of gold and now living in Saudi) Arafat (head of the PLO for 34 years, failed but made himself rich)/ Mengistu of Ethiopia (ruled for 14 years with Russian support killed hundreds of thousands of civilians and escaped with 50 family and staff to his friend Mugabe and lives in a house in Gunhill (no joke) Harare). You can see the types who want ‘life’ and I’ve left out the North Korean and West African horrors.

These amateurs slightly later changed track and tried to resurrect their dead horse with a claimed 13 million signature petition. My guess is that in paper terms it’s at least one semi-trailer worth with a 40 foot tray stacked 6 foot high. I look forward to seeing it.

This was a robotic re-run of their previous 17 million signature petition (not ever seen) Tamarod farce including public protest against Morsi which was, as we now know, entirely fabricated and paid for by Military Intelligence. Sawiris and the UAE. A leopard doesn’t change his spots or habitual behavior.

With the 13 million Coptic miracle the not very competent Guardian Egypt part time stringer (its as good as the Guardian can do) was refused permission to see it, and made little of this in her article but was shown a photograph of it but did not make a copy of the photo nor form a view about its volume in the photo or the thousands of persons necessary to collect it and who paid for those thousands. She learnt nothing from the previous fabrication https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... third-term It ran for a few days and is now dead and the idiots are testing the waters/reactions again with ‘king’.

Some would suggest this new ‘idea’ (essentially an idea to keep the military in power for perpetuity) is desperation because there is possible trouble for Sisi in the Army and a 20-30% chance that the economy will tank following which push would become shove. His associates must know that his grand projects are largely lost, failed or helping to bankrupt the country. Its also the case that the commercial leadership is unhappy about military economic encroachment/takeover as well as economic policies generally and maybe there is a domestic capital strike underway. The Ethiopian dam is going ahead with support from Sudan because Egypt botched its diplomacy. Libya is also looking bad and the Saudi’s aren’t as friendly as they once were or as prepared to disgorge cash after previous billions went missing. Its hard to know but commercial Saudi investment in Egypt appears a lot less than expected/promised. https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20180 ... i-as-king/

The overall view is that Sisi is 2nd or 3rd rate, not bright, limited and narrow life experience, a poor communicator, an inept negotiator, uncomfortable and unconfident in public, a poor delegator and a bit paranoid. After 5 years its clear he has no vision for Egypt – or at least not one that makes any sense. His backing so far from from unfirm friends is that he was the best of the awful choices. If the Gulf can find anyone better they will do ‘it’. If the economy tanks they will have little alternative to change.

The great leaders in History didn’t need a lot of time to do jobs that Sisi couldn’t even take notes on. Alexander the Great, Teddy Roosevelt, Lincoln, Churchill, Adenauer, Mandela, Nehru, Atatürk for starters. The Americans won 2 world wars in 4 years led by a man in a wheelchair with dreadful heart problems who opened the US cash machine to rebuild destroyed Europe and Japan. Some world leaders never held power like Martin Luther King and others dominated the world with their ideas like Einstein and Gandhi. Churchill was PM for 4 years and defeated Hitler, Mussolini and the Fascist French.

Great leaders are few and far between but mediocrity or worse should never be held on for too long because the next person might be a lot better. Most are mediocre and we are gladly rid of them in 4-6 years.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Sisi for King.

Post by newcastle »

The idea of kingship is obviously a bit of a joke but, personally, I'd be very surprised if Sisi hands over the baton in 2022.

A referendum on amending the constitution will be held and, hey presto, he has another term...or two...or more. Not that anything more than lip service is paid to the much-vaunted constitution but I expect he and his cronies would wish to do everything by the book.

The only way I see of this scenario not playing out is if Sisi himself decides he's had enough or if one of his generals thinks he'd do a better job. I see little evidence of either at the moment but it could happen if the economy tanks.

As for the people objecting.....forget it! They still swallow the ' jam tomorrow' story put out by the regime and its lackeys in the media. Sisi enjoys enormous popularity on the street and any opposition is very muted. Surprisingly, the inflation resulting from the recent economic measures isn't giving rise to widespread unrest - just the usual grumbles. I appreciate Hurghada is hardly typical but, if anything, the signs here - extensive construction etc. - seem upbeat.
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

As is always the case a repressive junta is worried that any successor will ask questions which might lead to demands that assets be returned, decisions reviewed and, even, criminal proceedings be launched for bad decisions. It becomes a circle of staying in power to protect what you have done and any liberal democratic successor has to do a deal to forgive you if they are not to be killed.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Unlike Mubarak, there seems to be no personal profiting by Sisi....at least not to date.

He might be judged foolish by any successor, but not corrupt.....at least I haven't seen any suggestion along these lines.

The obvious restrictions on civil rights have not reached the level where crimes against humanity are beng committed.

He's been very successful in doing what successful dictators do best.....eliminating any opposition, curbing any avenue of dissent, ensuring there's no viable alternative and pulling the wool over the eyes of both his local audience and, to some extent, the wider world.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

You mean like successive pay increases for certain parts of the system to protect power.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I think that he would make a very good king. :up He could model himself on the famous king Canute, hopefully he is not dyslexic, as his more common title is Cnut the Great. :cg
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Dusak wrote: He could model himself on the famous king Canute, hopefully he is not dyslexic, as his more common title is Cnut the Great. :cg
His real name was Knud.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Knud can only be turned into a saying used in the UK for dipping biscuits into your Tea Bennu, whereas Cnut can be changed into something very different.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

This may be the new anthem
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

BENNU wrote:
Dusak wrote: He could model himself on the famous king Canute, hopefully he is not dyslexic, as his more common title is Cnut the Great. :cg
His real name was Knud.
As a Danish prince, Cnut won the throne of England in 1016 in the wake of centuries of Viking activity in northwestern Europe. His latter accession to the Danish throne in 1018 brought the crowns of England and Denmark together. Cnut sought to keep this power-base by uniting Danes and English under cultural bonds of wealth and custom, as well as through sheer brutality. After a decade of conflict with opponents in Scandinavia, Cnut claimed the crown of Norway in Trondheim in 1028. The Swedish city Sigtuna was held by Cnut (he had coins struck there that called him king, but there is no narrative record of his occupation).[5]

The world is full of conflicting explanations. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Well covered D.....
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Is the title of this post a joke ? ......... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.