Hot Box – Getting Hotter and Deadly.

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Posts: 6903
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:49 am
Has thanked: 2006 times
Been thanked: 5869 times
Egypt

Re: Hot Box – Getting Hotter and Deadly.

Post by newcastle » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:55 am

" Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but the highest form of intelligence" - Oscar Wilde



newcastle
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Posts: 6903
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:49 am
Has thanked: 2006 times
Been thanked: 5869 times
Egypt

Re: Hot Box – Getting Hotter and Deadly.

Post by newcastle » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:05 am

Who2 wrote:Quote: "Believe me, we already have one resident clown on here...
"Who's that then ?.... 8)
The trouble is, dear old A-Four gets terribly huffy when anyone doesn't take his outpourings too seriously. Or corrects his frequent factual errors.

The Greeks probably had a word for this insatiable desire to be admired or lauded by ones peers.. The Romans certainly did. Offend their "dignitas" and you were likely to have 12 inches of cold steel rammed up your toga.

I must confess I am at the forefront of belittling A-Four at times, and yes, it is akin to pulling wings off flies.

Then again, if he'd refrain from rambling posts of complete twaddle ......

A-Four should take comfort from the fact that I recognise there's some semblance of cranial activity in him worthy of challenging. I gave up on MT long ago. :lol:

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Posts: 3778
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:04 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 1574 times
Been thanked: 1679 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: Hot Box – Getting Hotter and Deadly.

Post by A-Four » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:34 am

Who2 wrote:Quote: "Believe me, we already have one resident clown on here...
"Who's that then ?.... 8)
My dear Dr, one thing is for sure, I and I' believe others would agree that your contribution to this forum, is and always has been either informative, helpful, funny or witty, and quite often a combination of two or more such mentioned here. I do not think I have ever read any comment by you that would be of similar content to which I have mentioned about two abusive post comments above.

A put down is one thing, but to follow this with another is not good. As for the resident clown, I do not, and have not for a long time read any of that person's comments

User avatar
Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Posts: 6590
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:04 pm
Location: Snitzel
Has thanked: 1453 times
Been thanked: 5257 times
Gender:
Vietnam

Re: Hot Box – Getting Hotter and Deadly.

Post by Who2 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:47 pm

At prep school aged 10half the Headmaster shouted "will the clown please leave the Hall"
250 silent boys so just, How did I instantly stand up, leave the room only to be thrashed again.
"Knowledge can be a powerful tool if delivered with enough wit! Who said that ?.... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

User avatar
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:50 pm
Has thanked: 1411 times
Been thanked: 534 times
Venezuela

Re: Hot Box – Getting Hotter and Deadly.

Post by John Landon » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:23 pm

FarleyFlavors wrote:
John Landon wrote:makes you wonder how many of the corrected theories will then be also proved wrong ?
Given that the list of superseded theories you supplied contains the likes of "flat earth" and "hollow earth", I'm going to guess the answer is very close to zero.
NEVER EVER have I subscribed to Flat Earth, or Hollow Earth check my posts and see.

However, I do believe everyone should question what they are taught and what they subscribe to so yes, go check out the flat earth theory with an open mind by all means and see where it leads you.

I have never been afraid of the dark, I have however never been stupid enough to run in the dark... 8)


Clearly many are not ready for much of what I have discovered, including how the great granite statues and monoliths were created and how they got to their destinations.
or indeed the purposes of such things. All is not what it appears to be, including the Great Pyramid through to TutankAmun... But I will save that for another day...

FarleyFlavors
Member
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:33 am
Has thanked: 257 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: Hot Box – Getting Hotter and Deadly.

Post by FarleyFlavors » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:02 pm

John Landon wrote:
FarleyFlavors wrote:
John Landon wrote:makes you wonder how many of the corrected theories will then be also proved wrong ?
Given that the list of superseded theories you supplied contains the likes of "flat earth" and "hollow earth", I'm going to guess the answer is very close to zero.
NEVER EVER have I subscribed to Flat Earth, or Hollow Earth.
No-one implied that you did.

Your argument appears to be that some scientific theories have been superseded in the past, therefore it's likely that some of the replacement theories will themselves be superseded in the future. For virtually every example in the list you supplied, that's just not true.

User avatar
Horus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Posts: 7879
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:59 pm
Location: UK
Has thanked: 3441 times
Been thanked: 2470 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: Hot Box – Getting Hotter and Deadly.

Post by Horus » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:43 pm

Clearly many are not ready for much of what I have discovered, including how the great granite statues and monoliths were created and how they got to their destinations.
Perhaps they gave us a few clues themselves: ;)

This poor condition wall painting from the tomb of Djehoutyhotep shows exactly how it was done.
15164

In this clarified sketch of the above tomb painting we can clearly see a very large statue being dragged on a sledge by four teams pulling on ropes, water is being poured in front of the sledge to lubricate the log slides, a man can be seen standing on the statue to do this and several others at the side are carrying spare water pots, obviously a well organised operation.
15165

I used the word log ‘slides’ because rather than using rollers it was more likely that the logs were lain out lengthways like rails as can be see in the much later example of a statue being moved and also being quarried in ancient Assyria. Interestingly enough this frieze from the palace of Sennacherib at Niniveh around 700 BC shows a huge statue of a winged human-headed bull being hauled on a sledge even though they had the wheel, other parts show the use of wheeled carts to also transport large objects, so one has to assume that experience had taught them that this was the best method to use with huge objects.

The statue being quarried
15163

The statue being moved on a sledge, note the poles being laid lengthways and the smaller statue being moved on a cart.
15162
Image

newcastle
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Posts: 6903
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:49 am
Has thanked: 2006 times
Been thanked: 5869 times
Egypt

Re: Hot Box – Getting Hotter and Deadly.

Post by newcastle » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:52 pm


Clearly many are not ready for much of what I have discovered......
I, for one, would be delighted to hear what you've "discovered" John.....with one caveat.

I require evidence......not just your assertion that something is possible, but hard, cold, irrefutable evidence.

Of course the tomb drawings of huge statues being moved, as shown by Horus, doesn't prove that this is how they did it. It could just be the fertile imagination of some ancient artist. But at least it's evidence of a sort and makes some kind of sense.

The ball's in your court.....

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • 19 killed, 30 injured after deadly car crash
    by DJKeefy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:42 am » in Know Egypt
    7 Replies
    314 Views
    Last post by newcastle
    Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:25 pm
  • Recent deadly accidents are caused by state negligence
    by DJKeefy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:31 am » in Know Egypt
    1 Replies
    161 Views
    Last post by Chocolate Eclair
    Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:43 pm
  • Deadly clashes continue in Cairo on 'Friday of Rage'
    by DJKeefy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:31 pm » in Know Egypt
    0 Replies
    165 Views
    Last post by DJKeefy
    Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:31 pm
  • Egypt militant group threatens deadly attacks during Eid
    by DJKeefy » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:06 pm » in Politics and Religion
    1 Replies
    1159 Views
    Last post by LovelyLadyLux
    Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:19 am
  • Egypt 'ignored warnings of imminent attack' before deadly blast
    by DJKeefy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:30 am » in Know Egypt
    13 Replies
    510 Views
    Last post by crewmeal
    Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:00 am