Egypt court finds 37 guilty at illegal organ trading trial.

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Egypt court finds 37 guilty at illegal organ trading trial.

Post by DJKeefy »

An Egyptian court on Thursday convicted 37 people on charges related to illicit trading in human organs and sentenced them to prison terms ranging from three to 15 years in jail, witnesses said.

The Cairo Criminal Court also cleared three people in the case involving a total of 41 people, including doctors, nurses and middlemen who were rounded up during a 2016 raid in which millions of dollars were recovered.

The raid was part of an investigation that focused on private hospitals and health centers, both licensed and unlicensed, where transplants and organ harvesting took place, the health ministry said at the time.

Organ buying is banned in the North African Arab country, but poverty drives some Egyptians to sell body parts, often to wealthy foreigners, in illicit transactions.

Witnesses said six of the suspects convicted on Thursday were sentenced to 15 years in jail and fined 500,000 Egyptian pounds ($28,000) each, 11 were sentenced to seven years in jail each and fined 300,000 Egyptian pounds and 20 received three-year-jail sentences and a 200,000 Egyptian pound fine.

Three were cleared of any charges, while the final suspect had died before the hearing.

Under Egyptian law, defendants have 60 days to appeal against their convictions.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-egyp ... SKBN1K22PJ

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Re: Egypt court finds 37 guilty at illegal organ trading tri

Post by DJKeefy »

Probably why so many kids go missing and never found :(
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

#Egypt is considered one of the worst countries in the #Middle East when it comes to handling child kidnapping/organ trafficking cases. According to the The National Council for Motherhood and Childhood the number of cases related to kidnapping rose particularly after 25 January 2011 #revolution.

Read more: https://bit.ly/2JlvwDk

Parliament’s Youth and Sports committee recently proposed a bill to toughen the punishment for child kidnapping to a death penalty, reported Egypt Independent.

Chairman of the committee, Farag Amer, announced that he proposed amendments to the provisions of the Penal Code No. 58 of 1937 on the crimes of kidnapping and sexual assault.

The National Council for Motherhood and Childhood recorded 125 cases of kidnapping and trafficking the first quarter of this year, and that the numbers rose particularly after 25 January 2011 revolution.

The rapid increase of incidents this year brought about concerns regarding the laws that exist to protect children. This is due to the fact that most of the kidnapped children were not found, and court rulings have been slow in dealing with the cases, Amer stated.

He added that Egypt has become one of the most famous sites for organ trafficking, alongside Brazil, China and India.

The chairman also called for the police to investigate child abduction complaints and to notify the public prosecution within 24 hours.

This news comes after the horrifying news of the slaughtered bodies of three children in plastic bags in Giza, which was speculated to be an organ trafficking crime, yet further investigations proved otherwise.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I got offered £2k for my brain who's name is Brian, it & I turned them down...
We live in wicked times.... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote:I got offered £2k for my brain who's name is Brian, it & I turned them down...
We live in wicked times.... 8)
At £200 per cell you must have been tempted ;)
dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby »

I read on expat Facebook page urgent Liver organ needed Cairo/Alex area must be Muslim Egyptian and blood a+. I was so shocked and responded rudely....but seriously is it so common now people advertising for wanted bits...
It is what it is.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

dsaxelby wrote:I read on expat Facebook page urgent Liver organ needed Cairo/Alex area must be Muslim Egyptian and blood a+. I was so shocked and responded rudely....but seriously is it so common now people advertising for wanted bits...
Wow even religion comes into body parts :xx

Good news Mohamed we have got you a healthy liver, its from a Jewish man that died in an accident and had a donor card to use his organs, WHAT!!! you wont accept it? Hmmm looks like you are going to die then, never mind!!! its still good news, ALLAH must want you :roll:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

dsaxelby wrote:I read on expat Facebook page urgent Liver organ needed Cairo/Alex area must be Muslim Egyptian and blood a+. I was so shocked and responded rudely....but seriously is it so common now people advertising for wanted bits...
One of the oddities of islam is that opinion on many issues of whether something is halal/haram is divided. But most scholars see no problem with organ donation from a non-muslim.

Even the use of pig parts is permitted if there is no human or artificial alternative....at least in life or death situations.

Oddly, they will not countenance surrogacy in any of its forms, irrespective of the religion of the third party involved.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

I wonder what MT has to say about this. I'd be interested to hear his comments :lol:
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

crewmeal wrote:I wonder what MT has to say about this. I'd be interested to hear his comments :lol:
That would only confirm who was the first recipient of a pigs arse transplant. As he does tend to oink and squeal a lot. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I have an Electric Wurlitzer, complete with all foot peddles and the synthesizer, to trade, beyond that my gift of life will be West bound...