Holy Imperial Prince Opens Games.

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Holy Imperial Prince Opens Games.

Post by Hafiz »

Camilla Pulls Out/Doesn’t.

The underwhelming Commonwealth Games will be opened by the underwhelming Prince of Wales in a short time. If ever there was a waste of money, except if you are a third rate athlete wanting a medal, its these games. They cost billions and do nothing for Commonwealth economic, political, cultural or diplomatic relations – although a lot of African leaders get free airfares/hotels/food/drink/seats and probably free intimate encounters. At the moment its attracting minimal, or worse, local media – even though 3/4 billion have been spent. Ticket sales are underwhelming.

We would be better spending the money on aid to poor Commonwealth countries – no one would miss these hapless games.

There will be coolness regarding the Prince – except from the cretinious women’s magazines. At the very last moment his graffiti dressaged wife has announced she will not come after dozens of announcements that she would. No reason was given. Clearly the advice was that response to her would be ugly or worse. It would be.

A week or so later she said she would turn up. Obviously the Royal Household is about as well managed and coordinated as a nationalized UK business in the 60’s. Maybe she was worried about her alleged illegitimate son waiting for her in Australia (Surrounded by TV teams). What happened to the good old rules. Royal illegits were once all made Dukes and ‘given’ a big house and a few thousand acres by Parliament and the taxpayer. Stg50 million say.

All opinion surveys are that Australia wants to become a republic to avoid Charles as head of state (75%). No one wants him. Even his toddler grandchild has more public support. Opinions are dark on his intelligence, skills, work ethic, self-pity, political interference, poor judgment and infantile opinions. (oddly opinions on his sister are very high but the two brothers should be locked up).

The PM will not greet them nor attend any function associated with them. There are reports of unconfirmed and undated private meetings at locations to be arranged (its a quiet time for Australian politicians). A junior Minister (a nasty, socially inept ex-cop) will be sent. This is consistent with strict protocol because in legal/constitutional terms (both UK and Australia) he is a nothing. His siblings are less than nothing.

Few want change to the head of state whilst the current queen survives but Charles’s increase in political activity has many on edge.

One good thing about his visit – it will increase the Republican vote. His wife is terribly unpopular which is possibly why they proposed she ‘stayed at home’.

Were his son to ascend the throne instead of him the republican cause would decline so Charles faces the knowledge of loosing one country because he is so deeply unpopular and possibly loosing England for the same reason. An astute person with his family’s interests in mind would step aside – but a narcissistic egoist would not.

The problem for us is what system replaces ‘it’. Last time the two Republican teams were drawn/exhausted at the specific constitutional changes. At this stage there is no clear workable alternative that avoids an elected President, which is hugely popular in the cheap seats, but upsets the Parliamentary system. If this matter could be solved change would take five minutes.

Even 2/3rds in the UK don’t want him king – it takes real failings/bad breeding/bad actions to alienate the Brits. https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... en-at-home.

Oddly Australian opinions of him are less poisonous than the UK – maybe because we see less of him. http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/ce ... fa466d9778

You can always rely on the Murdoch press. He and his father loathed the monarchy and aristocracy right back to Gallipoli in 1915.

How Charles can aspire to be anointed and appointed by God as King of England with the Holy Ghost coming down on him (no not that) during the Coronation ceremony and then go on to head up 4 ‘family’ churches – one of which refused to marry him – is a story you would need to be British to understand – or mad.

I would have thought the Brexiteers would be big anti-monarchists – the Royal Family DNA is hardly British.

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: Holy Imperial Prince Opens Games.

Post by Horus »

phpBB [video]
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

By the sound of things people in the UK are happier sticking the knife in for everything in the UK Hafiz. I don't know but I think many are not too interested in the older Royals anyway. Time will tell when the next Royal Wedding is taking place. Regarding the Commonwealth Games I don't think many put too much emphasis on them. Myself and wife have never been enthused by them or the Olympics. We prefer walking the beaches and hills and mountains in the fresh air.
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

In today's Sydney Morning Herald:

Prince Charles and his wife Camilla have been in the country for a number of days, spending time with friends in regional New South Wales, before their arrival in Brisbane on Wednesday.
The royal couple were seen boarding a flight from Wagga Wagga en route to the Gold Coast on Wednesday morning.

Royals and CGs? :zz
Carpe diem! :le:
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Is there a category for ball tampering? :D
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:Is there a category for ball tampering? :D
I heard Charles & Camilla were going to give an on- Aussie TV course headed "The Stiff Upper Lip"......how to cope with stressful situations and a certain amount of media criticism - without blubbing. :a80:

The renowned British appendage seems to have been bred out of our colonial cousins....unlike the thievery, cheating etc. proclivities of their transported ancestors.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Or give them some religious instruction, as in:
Matthew 7:5
You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

And then take the chip from your shoulders :lol: :lol:
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

Horus. Can I rephrase your question? "Is there a punishment for ball tampering" Yes there is and its inadequate by a factor of 10.

For 4/6 days the whole country, including the PM, expressed their disgust and contempt at the South African mess. More heads will flikely ollow including most of the Australian Cricket Board and its Chief Executive. The broader issue which might hang around is shock at the cricketer's arrogance and ruthlessness. Also some of their salaries have been released - they are gross.

In the past few years I sense a shift in public opinion on so-called sports stars.

One of your posts I can't understand. Here is my guess. There is no hypocrisy on the Sovereign - just legal problems on what comes after. Relatedly it is emotionally and logically problematic to have a foreigner as head, on the stamps etc as it would be for the UK. The notion of inheritance by blood is also something not only foreign to democracy but a deep affront to most Australians who believe in a meritocracy based on talent/achievement.

Newcastle - I should let it go through to the keeper - but. A cursory reading of the UnRoyal Family, the Cabinet and Parliament, Brexit in the past few years and the London Riots indicates a stiffness more typical of a corpse than of good breeding. :lol:

On your cheap stereotype you know that overwhelmingly, even before the 1950's, the transported criminal element was small. In addition many were political (including the head of the Chartists)/economic/social prisoners from Ireland and the UK. Stealing food in the midst of the Irish Famine which killed at least 1 million would get transportation. As you know there were also monsters but what is significant is how little local crime there was and this raises the issue of how criminal they really were.

Oddly, to you, many became very wealthy within a few years of their release. As with today the British never wanted to go back to the center of wealth and civilization but rather stay in a tough egalitarian environment where hard work rather than class and breeding determined your success. (I simplify a bit - on the narrower issue of dark, barbaric transportation I assume you have read Robert Hughes, A Fatal Shore - uncle to the current PM. The scholarship is very good, the writing style compelling the subject matter grotesque. How people survived, prospered and lived normal lives is impossible to explain. At this point some might begin to understand that the convicts were often victims of appalling UK barbarism rather than, in all cases, just vicious criminals. The whole area suffers from cheap and ill-informed one-liners)
Last edited by Hafiz on Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dear Hafiz

I wish I was as successful with my bait when fishing as I am with you on matters antipodean! ;)

P.S. I have A Fatal Shore......a wonderful read.

P.P.S. The monarchy in the UK is a wonderful tourist attraction.( and little else)......ask the Yanks. As head of state in Australia, it's a nonsense and I fully expect, and encourage, you lot to ditch it when Queenie kicks the bucket. It would be impolite to do it beforehand. You've not long to wait.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

:lol: :lol: :lol: "Wind em up and watch em go" :ks
What a bloody ungrateful lot these ex colonials are, we give them some culture by letting them borrow our monarch and how do they show their gratitude? simples by having a woman who sounds more like Les Patterson as their PM and they have the cheek to call us whingeing Poms. :D

phpBB [video]
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Didn't realise Malcolm Turnbull was a transvestite.

How very modern! I take back all my aspersions regarding Aussies.

Surely they could find a prominent role for Dame Edna?
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I should have said a 'previous' PM (Julia Gillard) :D They could have Dame Edna on their Passports, seems appropriate :lol:
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

What are they all doing in Australia? In my book The Gold Coast is Ghana.