BBC Out.

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

BBC Out.

Post by Hafiz »

Probably.

A private individual has taken action to have the BBC kicked out of Egypt. - pull the other one. Not even China,Russia or Turkey would have the gall to try this one. The independent agencies now say that Egypt is the third or fourth most repressive place on the face of the earth.

This must be the thousandth time some stooge has been found to do the work the government doesn't want to be seen to do by the UN/IMF/World Bank

Precisely what offense and what statute they have breached is not clear. A civilized country takes action against individual journalists - a dictatorship has blanket provisions.

Wonder whether the BBC will have the right to legal representation - a team of QC's from London, New York and Paris - let alone be allowed to table evidence and call witnesses.

Oddly, probably because the Egyptian courts were asleep - the BBC is unaware of the 10 April court hearing and makes no mention of this sham in its web site.

In the great traditions of Egyptian Free Speech the State Information Service is calling on all Egyptians to not speak to the BBC. How an ostensibly intelligent person can call for this in public at this point is beyond me. Because the court does not hear the matter for another month the BBC is presumed innocent - in a civilized country - and any person who believes in free speech knows you don't convict on hearsay/allegations/rumor.

But its not a civilized country and the stooge running the SIS after a poor education and a career of fawning and no achievement is not an intelligent man.

On the other hand the head of Supreme Information has probably been told there will be a conviction on 10 April and told this by the judge who will 'hear' the matter.

The silence of the UK Embassy is exactly what you would expect from spook boy wonder. London's silence is more ominous.
http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... losin.aspx

The silence in UK Parliament after the BBC program is odd.

How a private citizen can initiate such a matter is odd. A few years ago the Egyptian Parliament said it had abolished this type of thing following actions by individuals to reverse the sales of government corporations. These actions were disruptive. Maybe they just abolished the commercial contests. This idiot stuff isn't part of French jurisprudence and wastes court time. I'm not aware of any other country in the world which allows a private individual to take action under a state statute when it is absolutely clear that such actions are the responsibility of the state. It is the state which enforces its public statutes not individuals.

The direct blood descendant of The Prophet who is also a Jordanian Prince and head of the UN Human Rights Commission, Zeid Raad al-Hussein said “the "pervasive climate of intimidation" in Egypt ahead of the presidential election later this month”

Human Rights is one of many saying things can't get worse. https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2017/c ... ters/egypt

American Egyptians are holding a meeting in the Senate in Washington to brief Congressman on how bad the situation is. They have former political prisoners to do the briefings: https://thearabdailynews.com/event/egyp ... ington-dc/

Apparently Senators have stated that Egypt’s military buying has little or nothing to do with its military threats – threats its handling poorly. Worse still there are videos of Egyptian army/militia killing civilians in Sinai in April last year. https://timep.org/commentary/special-br ... civilians/

Contemporaneously to the above Sisi visited Washington and had unpleasant meetings with Congressmen over human rights.

The commercial world has its doubts and the insurance on debt default for Egypt is 4th worst in the world Egypt surrounded by Pakistan and the Ukraine.
https://assets.bwbx.io/images/users/iqj ... 800x-1.png

Interesting times.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: BBC Out.

Post by Major Thom »

Who will suffer in the long run. It must be getting harder and more exasperating for Europeans to live or work in Egypt. I was talking to a young man who worked in Egypt the day after we got back from a break in Iceland and he was saying that he thought the forward idea was to close Egypt off to the rest of the world, he went on to say, its almost as if they do not want the local people to know what is going on, and frightened stiff of foreigners in the know telling them. It seems to have got worse since we left a year ago, I really do find it hard to understand Egyptian Government moves, but that may be because I really do not think they understand. I predicted years ago about Egypt defaulting on the cash they had borrowed and it now seems to be coming true. If they default on the IMF Loan that will be a major thing they will find to hide. You can understand why though, they have no official tax system as such that people police and reinforce. I believe if Policed and reinforced the cash to the Government will double and almost treble. But in an election year the top knobs will be pussy footing around the people and they will fall for another 4 years of financial turmoil and poverty, its such a shame. You can start to realise that the only way to make cash is by corruption and theft now, that will only stop by making jobs, and providing proper wages and salaries that are taxed at source.