Boeing 777 crash lands

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Boeing 777 crash lands

Post by Horus »

An Emirates airlines Boeing 777 coming from India has crash landed at Dubai airport, fortunately all 275 passengers and crew are OK. Watching the film footage the plane appears to be resting on it’s underside and a large cloud of something exploding, possibly fuel, could be seen coming from the underside a little later after the evacuation.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Boeing 777 crash lands

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:An Emirates airlines Boeing 777 coming from India has crash landed at Dubai airport, fortunately all 275 passengers and crew are OK. Watching the film footage the plane appears to be resting on it’s underside and a large cloud of something exploding, possibly fuel, could be seen coming from the underside a little later after the evacuation.
No news there then :urm:
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

As you say, but quite what happened to the fire fighting crew during that explosion they didn't say. :(
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I saw a news clip that said that all passengers and crew were evacuated safely, although many were treated for shock. Sadly, one of the fire fighters had died whilst trying to put out the flames.

Apart from the sheer horror of something like that happening, what amazed me was to see pictures of some passengers leaving the evacuated plane and walking across the tarmac to safety pulling their hand luggage!
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

HEPZIBAH wrote:I saw a news clip that said that all passengers and crew were evacuated safely, although many were treated for shock. Sadly, one of the fire fighters had died whilst trying to put out the flames.

Apart from the sheer horror of something like that happening, what amazed me was to see pictures of some passengers leaving the evacuated plane and walking across the tarmac to safety pulling their hand luggage!
This is not the first time there are calls to make this a specific offence with jail time, currently you could be charged with failing to carry out and instruction from a member of the flight crew.