We 'wos 'wobbed - Australia cheated in Eurovision.

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: We 'wos 'wobbed - Australia cheated in Eurovision.

Post by Major Thom »

EERRRMMMM!!!!! Excuse me Australia being a very young Country has done well, invested well compared to other countries around the World, it goes to show that even ex cons have brains, mix them with 1/2 a brain and the Country would be built, modern, growing and progressive, it invested well in its people. Education is highlited and by far a higher standard than the UK.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote:EERRRMMMM!!!!! Excuse me Australia being a very young Country has done well, invested well compared to other countries around the World, it goes to show that even ex cons have brains, mix them with 1/2 a brain and the Country would be built, modern, growing and progressive, it invested well in its people. Education is highlited and by far a higher standard than the UK.
Would you have thought that if your family had not uprooted and gone to live there?

Was Australia ever really on your radar, before your daughter emigrated there? (Other than being the location of the TV soap Neighbours.)
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Major Thom wrote:EERRRMMMM!!!!! Excuse me Australia being a very young Country has done well, invested well compared to other countries around the World, it goes to show that even ex cons have brains, mix them with 1/2 a brain and the Country would be built, modern, growing and progressive, it invested well in its people. Education is highlited and by far a higher standard than the UK.
I suppose that's your excuse for your incomprehensible English and atrocious spelling :urm:
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

it invested well in its people. Education is highlited and by far a higher standard than the UK.
Going off the above that would seem to be correct, however according to the UNESCO figures for 2010 both countries have a literacy level of 99% and the UK spent more on education as a proportion of GDP at 6.3% whereas Australia spent 5.59%, so virtually the same, everything else is subjective.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

It was on our radar 25 years ago, but my career was about to take off so we forgot about it, when our family went there it rekindled our desire. We were going to go 6 years ago, before coming to Egypt, but at 56 it was decided to move to Egypt for 10 years due to our interest in the Pharonic Times. We have done this now in 6 years. They say the average time an English person moves is 7 years. Seems like we are no different. We do have an apartment elsewhere, but again no family there so its up for sale too.