Man Strapped With Explosives Hijacks Plane

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Man Strapped With Explosives Hijacks Plane

Post by Dusak »

Apparently he wanted to visit his ex-wife. I could understand the power of love forcing you to do the ridiculous, but to call yourself a terrorist and carry out terrorist tactics just to visit the ex!! Numb nuts. He now wants asylum. No chance, he will be deported back to Egypt, where he will soon be shouting to see a human rights lawyer concerning the electrodes connected to his now numb nuts.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

This man was not wearing a suicide belt he had no explosives so no reason to stop him from boarding the aircraft.
When on board he declared that he was a suicide bomber, what else could the crew of the airline do but to take his threats seriously and declare an emergency?
What ever his reasons for doing this stupidly dangerous action I can't see that Egypt Air could have done anything else.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

BBC News channel showed a clip from the security camera of this character passing through the scanner and being frisked. There is a piccy of him wearing the 'suicide' belt complete with wires on the aircraft. One can only conclude he had some sort of money belt and after clearing security made up this phony device with all the other bits.

There are reports that he wants prisoners freed and was shouting down the current regime. That if proved right is enough to put a rope around his neck.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

There'll be no rope for him.

Presumably Cyprus will agree to any extradition request from Egypt but on the condition that he doesn't face the death penalty.

Personally, I'd prefer the rope to life in an Egyptian gaol.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Dusak wrote:Apparently he wanted to visit his ex-wife. I could understand the power of love forcing you to do the ridiculous, but to call yourself a terrorist and carry out terrorist tactics just to visit the ex!! Numb nuts. He now wants asylum. No chance, he will be deported back to Egypt, where he will soon be shouting to see a human rights lawyer concerning the electrodes connected to his now numb nuts.
What they are saying carrie is that he had (most likely in is bag) something that resembled a suicide belt with wires poking out of it, security should have picked up these wires.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I think that any future ''lady'' visitors to this county should think very carefully before deciding to pack their ''little, or even big comforter'' friend for those lonely nights in the hotel. They are going to be very interested in strange looking items that show electronics that are scanned. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

A friend of mine brought an egg incubator into the airport at Hurghada, don't know if everyone knows what they look like but box with a lot of electrical wiring. He went through customs in the UK no problem no questions asked, when he arrived in Hurghada alarm bells certainly rang. He was taken aside with all his luggage, searched, asked to explain what it was really put through the wringer before he was allowed to leave. Seems security was much higher on this occasion in Egypt than it was in the UK.
Questions will most certainly be asked about airline security in Egypt as every where else.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

I had a small lock with a long, thin wire to secure your rucksack on the nighttrain. It was from my backpacking days and I kept it in my handluggage a couple of years ago as an emergency, because I had lost my new Packsafe lock. At the scanner in Cairo airport where by a mistake, I have brought my Swissknife more than once and cans just by distracting the staff with my incredible charm, they got very alarmed by this wire and as they did not understand the word "lock", they were really annoyed and got upset when finally they realised what it was.
:bp:
Earlier, I had been stopped in Cairo airport and told that I had too many chargers for camera, iPhone and mobiles.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

I'm not sure who the biggest idiot is the one on the left or the one on the right. You decide!!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-30/e ... er/7283344
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

maybe because the wire guy had told him to smile for the camera or I pull the feckin' button. In circumstances such as those, one tends to smile while attempting to prevent a fart turning into a watery s***e. :sk Hence the Wallace and Gromit grimace.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I have just heard that the Cypriot's have refused to extradite him to Egypt?
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

carrie wrote:I have just heard that the Cypriot's have refused to extradite him to Egypt?
"Egyptian prosecutors said Mr Mustafa should be handed over under a 1996 bilateral extradition treaty."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35924114