Egypt - World Youth Forum.

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Egypt - World Youth Forum.

Post by Hafiz »

Egypt World Youth Forum - 3,500 participants - Sharm.

Here are some photos:

Can you spot anyone ‘youthful’ or female – try hard:
Here is another:

A very ‘youthful’ (Australian) winner of a ‘prize’ at the Forum – maybe he won the prize for being continent – a prize the lady above might not have:

Major ‘world leader’ speakers were not young and their achievements difficult to track down other that via Egyptian State Intelligence Service Information Websites. Interestingly those who were Egyptian all seem to have ‘got out’ early and avoided any/much Egyptian education or employment.

Here are a few – some might be still alive:
Hoda al-Maraghy who lives in Canada

Hany Sewilam who lives and works in Germany which is a pity because he claims to be a water expert – something Egypt needs a lot of and obviously doesn’t have.

You wonder what message their bios send.

There were some ‘international guests’ although they were not persons in current employment in any respectable sense – possibly because of their age:
Manuel Jose, former Al Ahly soccer coach now a coach in Iran. Surely Egypt is not promoting Iran.

There were some younger Egyptian speakers – all of them seem to have ‘left’ the country – possibly, again, to avoid the Egyptian education system or to get a job.

Helen Hunt the Hollywood star was paid to speak. She was an odd choice for Egypt. Her first marriage lasted 16 months following which she lived with a man for 16 years without marrying him but had one child. In Egypt she could be in jail. If she had tried to travel in Egypt would she have been allowed to share a bedroom in an hotel without a marriage certificate? Clearly ‘living in sin’ is something not normally promoted to the youth of Egypt – maybe she was promoting something else but obviously not youthfulness or being an Egyptian or any connection with Egypt.

A lot of the photos include some young men but I think their bulging jackets indicate that they were part, maybe a small part, of the President’s Security Detail and we all know that Sharm is a dangerous place and you can never have too many bodyguards protecting you there. Oddly a lot of them seemed grossly overweight – which might be useful if they have to provide large body ‘volume’ to block an assassin’s bullet.

Unusually for an international conference with ‘world leaders’ no government website in the world that I can find associates with it. None of the beloved from the region or the Gulf has publically associated himself or herself with it. No international or regional newspaper, media group or news agency attended or sent any agent or stringer to obtain information. Maybe they weren’t invited.

I can find no media statement in any Egyptian newspaper of any 'world leader' who actually attended - indeed I can find no record of anyone who could be described as a leader of anything except a minor thing.

Still it’s a World Conference and Egypt should feel proud. As an example of good planning, management and marketing - I leave it to you to judge.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Egypt - World Youth Forum.

Post by Who2 »

subtle..... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Egypt - World Youth Forum.