New visitors

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

New visitors

Post by carrie »

Well yes we can expect an influx of visitors to Luxor after the 15th August.
Just been checking on line and the corona virus "fit to fly" certificate only costs between 100 and 129 English pounds. Bet the tourists will be queuing up to get those.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: New visitors

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:34 pm
Well yes we can expect an influx of visitors to Luxor after the 15th August.
Just been checking on line and wthe corona virus "fit to fly" certificate only costs between 100 and 129 English pounds. Bet the tourists will be queuing up to get those.
Might be easier to fly into Hurghada and get a Covid test there. Probably cheaper as well.

Of course it would be bad news if the test was positive! :lol:

But seriously....I think that, apart from the obstacles in getting there, tourists won’t be coming to Luxor simply because of the restrictions and limitations which will be imposed on them when they arrive. No Nile cruises for a start. Not really a destination for a holiday at the present time.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I'm sure the authorities there will soon drop any restrictions and regulations,
once the airlines start flying again... 8)
'money talks...as every Egyptian knows well.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:51 am
I'm sure the authorities there will soon drop any restrictions and regulations,
once the airlines start flying again... 8)
'money talks...as every Egyptian knows well.

You get the impression that such regulations as exist at present are for show...and to placate the WHO. You don’t see much evidence of the authorities rigorously enforcing social distancing etc. The general population seems to be in denial as regards COVID.

Airlines will only start flying when a) Egypt is no longer in the “essential travel only” category and b) when there is sufficient interest from people wanting to go there.

Whilst the latter is diminished by the restrictions and closures, I suspect potential visitors also view Egypt as a risk too far when it comes to avoiding infection. And were Egypt to abandon all pretence of combatting COVID, I doubt it would make it any more attractive in the eyes of visitors. Quite the contrary in fact. :lol:

crewmeal
Top Member
Top Member

Post by crewmeal »

IMG_1390.jpeg
It seems you CAN use an NHS email or text to enter Egypt. This from the horse's mouth in London.

(Courtesy of a lady enquiring)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Well as from the 1st September all change again, anyone, Egyptians included, arriving in Egypt at any airport will require a corona free certificate.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:41 am
Well as from the 1st September all change again, anyone, Egyptians included, arriving in Egypt at any airport will require a corona free certificate.
Yep....another nail in the coffin. Apparently, the government is concerned about importing the virus from countries where infection rates are increasing. They really need to look closer to home! :lol:

I don’t know what the situation is in other countries but my flight was on a Wednesday which presents a real problem in getting a PCR certificate within the required 72 hours. I’ve yet to see a clinic operating on a Sunday so the best I can do is take a test first thing on Monday and hope the result comes through by Wed a.m when I fly.

A tight squeeze and no guarantees. Oh....and it costs around £200!

So I’ve decided to abandon my September flight with EasyJet and come with Pegasus to Hurghada via Istanbul before 1st Sept.

The Pegasus fare is cheaper than a PCR test :lol:

hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

I also have the problem of a 72hr CV test falling on a Sunday, also where to get one. I contacted Northyorks.gov.uk and was told I would get a reply within 48 hrs. Still waiting after 4 days.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

hatusu wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:28 pm
I also have the problem of a 72hr CV test falling on a Sunday, also where to get one. I contacted Northyorks.gov.uk and was told I would get a reply within 48 hrs. Still waiting after 4 days.
I don’t know if it’s of any help but the most promising operator I found was Wren Healthcare. They can do a test with a home visit. 0203 9746950. Their reviews are excellent and turnaround can be as little as 24 hours. I don’t know if they’d suit from a location point of view.....but this will become clear if you give them a call.

I would have used them .....but changing the flight was cheaper and removed any risk. :lol:

hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

Thank you Newcastle, will ring them tomorrow

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

hatusu wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:26 pm
Thank you Newcastle, will ring them tomorrow
I forgot to add...... https://wrenhealthcare.co.uk/covid-19-a ... g-service/

hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

Well I'm a little bit further forward and even more grateful for the wrenhealthcare info. I eventually received a reply from Northyorksgov.uk -

"Thank you for your contact to North Yorkshire County Council with regards to Covid 19 Testing in your area.
North Yorkshire County Council do not keep a list of testing stations as these change daily"

So I WILL get in touch with wrenhealthcare, but there's a problem. I can only get a test Monday - Friday.
72hrs prior to landing falls on a Sunday. Will the Egyptian authorities accept a date 48 hrs ahead instead of 72?
And WHY is nothing simple..........???
But thank you again Newcastle, I don't think I would have found this info otherwise.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

hatusu wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:42 pm
Well I'm a little bit further forward and even more grateful for the wrenhealthcare info. I eventually received a reply from Northyorksgov.uk -

"Thank you for your contact to North Yorkshire County Council with regards to Covid 19 Testing in your area.
North Yorkshire County Council do not keep a list of testing stations as these change daily"

So I WILL get in touch with wrenhealthcare, but there's a problem. I can only get a test Monday - Friday.
72hrs prior to landing falls on a Sunday. Will the Egyptian authorities accept a date 48 hrs ahead instead of 72?
And WHY is nothing simple..........???
But thank you again Newcastle, I don't think I would have found this info otherwise.
48 hrs is fine! The requirement is for the time between the test and flight to be 72 hrs OR LESS. And I think it’s the time of your flight which might be relevant as you won’t be allowed to board without showing your certificate....at least this is what I assume. Otherwise, the airline would be responsible for repatriating you if you were refused entry.

Sounds like you’re in the same situation I was.....taking a test first thing Monday morning and hoping results would be emailed to me before my flight....which, in my case, was about noon on Wednesday.Too much of a squeeze for my peace of mind.....although Wren seemed pretty confident there’d be no problem.

What day of the week, and time, is your intended flight?

hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

My flight is a Wednesday afternoon but I'm travelling down the day before from North Yorkshire to be on the safe side and staying in the Heathrow Mercure. So really I need the results within 24 hrs!

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Fear Not it's all over.................................................................or is it?

Luxor governorate authorities announced that tourism would return to the governorate starting from the beginning of September.

The Tourism and Antiquities minister presented the Luxor governorate's current situation to the Supreme Committee for Managing the Novel Coronavirus Crisis, headed by Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly.

Madbouly agreed to resume tourism in Luxor starting September 1 at fixed hotels, museums and temples, as well as allowing the return of one-day tourism to Hurghada, in accordance with the health safety protocol set by the Health Ministry.

The Luxor authorities credited this decision thanks to the efforts made and the communications held between Luxor Governor Mostafa Alham and the Minister of Tourism and Antiquities Khaled al-Anany to support the tourism sector and its workers in light of the pandemic.

Well that's all ok then see you all soon, in your dreams........ 8)
Sophocles.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Madbouly agreed to resume tourism in Luxor starting September 1 at fixed hotels, museums and temples, as well as allowing the return of one-day tourism to Hurghada, in accordance with the health safety protocol set by the Health Ministry.

With tourists needing a negative PCR certificate to get to Hurghada after 1st Sept, the idea of day trips to Luxor looks a tad optimistic. Tourism is dead in the water until the pandemic subsides.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

hatusu wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:23 pm
My flight is a Wednesday afternoon but I'm travelling down the day before from North Yorkshire to be on the safe side and staying in the Heathrow Mercure. So really I need the results within 24 hrs!
I’m sure results can be emailed and I think I read somewhere that an emailed test result is acceptable. The trouble is that getting any definitive ruling from anyone is nigh impossible!

And there’s always a chance that Egypt will change its mind...... :lol:

hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

Newcastle wrote "And there’s always a chance that Egypt will change its mind...... :lol:"

And that's what I'm pinning my hopes on!

Moonstone
V.I.P
V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Moonstone »

According to the latest information from EgyptAir posted on FB and on their website, they now require the PCR test to be done not more than 48 hours before departure. This starts 1 Sept.

Quote from EgyptAir site:

Starting from 01 Sep 2020 :
- Passengers of all nationalities "including Egyptians" are required to provide negative PCR Test Certificate for (COVID-19) issued not more than 48 hours prior to arrival to any of the Egyptian Airports.

-Children under the age of six of all nationalities (whether Egyptians or Foreigners) are exempted from presenting a PCR certificate upon arrival at Egyptian Airports.
Nil desperandum

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Bet one cannot get a negative PCR test certificate when leaving Egypt... 8)
Ps: Out of our frying pan into................
Sophocles.